Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please pick up your drops in Railjack drops.

(PSN)guzmantt1977

I refuse to even begin to count the number of public runs I've been on recently with people complaining about not getting specific avionics. 

But in the same runs, people left the majority of the drops in the vast blackness of space, and rushed to extract to the dojo without picking them up. 

That's a terrible combination because some of these are rare drops from enemies. 

So, Tenno, please apply some situational awareness, both to the enemies you're targeting and the drops from the enemies that die around you. Spare a moment to collect all of the loose drops on the battlefield. 

• Like 2

The pilots rush through and don't pickup stray loot because they are likely just trying to efficiently finish the mission and have all the avionics they need. I know it's unfortunate for you, but the design of Railjack makes picking up loot a chore. Additionally, those who are farming Intrinsics or a Vidar Reactor really don't have time to waste.

In the end, pubs are a mixed bag with mixed results.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Voltage said:

The pilots rush through and don't pickup stray loot because they are likely just trying to efficiently finish the mission and have all the avionics they need. I know it's unfortunate for you, but the design of Railjack makes picking up loot a chore. Additionally, those who are farming Intrinsics or a Vidar Reactor really don't have time to waste.

The pilot?! All I see is people getting out in their archwings and just not doing anything about the loot. I spend as much time boosting around collecting loot as I do fighting the enemy with my Railjack.

If you board my ship, you will get every single avionics and component that drops.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I'd agree with you, but often, they were among the ones who were complaining about not getting the avionics. 

I was definitely wondering how they thought they were supposed to get the Void Hole when half of the time they were avoiding the enemies that dropped them, and the other half of the time, they were leaving drops visible in the  distance on extract. 

50 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

. Spare a moment to collect all of the loose drops on the battlefield. 

I'm sure most pilots try their best, but let's face it, the vacuum range on the Railjack is just way too short. in the vastness of space it would need to be at least 800m maybe more to have a proper effect and properly allow any drops to be retrieved. we could do more on our end, but DE could also make things a little easier for us too.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

but DE could also make things a little easier for us too.

They already have on the PC build.  Avionics and Salvage Armaments/Components have a UI icon similar to objective markers.  Guess you just need to wait for DE to submit it for cert and for Sony/MS/Nin to approve it.

Edited by Jiminez_Burial

1 minute ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I'm sure most pilots try their best, but let's face it, the vacuum range on the Railjack is just way too short. in the vastness of space it would need to be at least 800m maybe more to have a proper effect and properly allow any drops to be retrieved. we could do more on our end, but DE could also make things a little easier for us too.

So, you're saying that because they didn't pick up the drops from where they stood at completion of the objectives, that they can't be picked up at leisure after? 

And often, if I'm not the pilot, (focused on gunnery and engineering) you'll find me zipping around in space trying grab mods and resources, while the pilot just sits there. Then before I've gotten even half of the blatant drops that are just begging me to take them...... I see that they're ready to leave and waiting on the away teams. 

13 hours ago, (PS4)AllOrNothinDays said:

Part of the reason why it is hard for me to stay in the railjack since people miss a lot of stuff and until I get void hole I'm compelled to go pick them up.

And the fact that some people travel great distances to kill the enemies well beyond our visual range to spot the drops, and warp back before collecting the drops just makes it that much worse. 

57 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

And the fact that some people travel great distances to kill the enemies well beyond our visual range to spot the drops, and warp back before collecting the drops just makes it that much worse. 

On Console that might be true but on PC with first update of the year they have a blatantly obvious icon you can see from a long distance, but some pilots still seem to ignore them even if they fly right past them and I'm sitting there on the turret screeching as I watch a component get left in the distance because they then instantly go back to the Dojo after the mission ends.

Edited by SilvaDreams

1 hour ago, ValinorAtani said:

Dont blaim the players. Request DE to raise universal Vacuum. This would solve your problems and many others instantly.

Dude, that's as ridiculous as buying a lottery ticket but refusing to check to see if you won anything. 

The items are there and all we have to do is for any player to move close enough to pick them up. People literally won't bother to do that. And then they're complaining about not getting the rare drops. 

2 hours ago, SilvaDreams said:

On Console that might be true but on PC with first update of the year they have a blatantly obvious icon you can see from a long distance, but some pilots still seem to ignore them even if they fly right past them and I'm sitting there on the turret screeching as I watch a component get left in the distance because they then instantly go back to the Dojo after the mission ends.

Yeah. Frankly I'm just waiting for the patch to see what sort of insane justification the rushes will come up with. 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

A large percent of people still playing railjack are doing so for ephemera on the anomaly or to get a good roll vidar reactor, neither are drops in space so I can see why people largely ignore them.

Again this would be valid if it weren't for the observed complaints about "still no expletive void hole expletive relative expletive " by the same people rushing it. 

So.... 

23 hours ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Now if only we can get DE to make fighters and Crewships drop their loot on death instead of after a lengthy death animation. Imagine killing a Grineer on a stairway and having them fall down every stair and only after their body comes to a complete rest will they drop any loot. Stupid is as stupid does.

It's weird because the crewships actually disappear for quite a few seconds before they stop "being there". 

I usually keep track by shooting at the "empty space" and looking at the damage numbers ticking up. It's worse when you don't kill the pilot because they keep moving through space. 

Typically I try to rush the pilot, then fry the reactor, then jump out of the ship and tread water (often while taking fire) until I get the drops. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

It's weird because the crewships actually disappear for quite a few seconds before they stop "being there". 

I usually keep track by shooting at the "empty space" and looking at the damage numbers ticking up. It's worse when you don't kill the pilot because they keep moving through space. 

Typically I try to rush the pilot, then fry the reactor, then jump out of the ship and tread water (often while taking fire) until I get the drops. 

Yeah, I understand that the art team made some fantastic animations but it slows down the gameplay to where you either need to wait for the loot to appear or you just keep going and hope that you can find it later.

Keep in mind that this is made far, far worse as consoles do not have markers for loot yet. So instead of killing and looting like the other 99% of warframe, we have to patiently wait for the game to drop loot, and then physically touch it since vaccuum is so small in the vastness of space. Let me reiterate, stupid is as stupid does, and DE should be judged based on their recent design decisions.

Hmmm, I am going to post this in the Railjack Captaining pointer thread but I might as well post it here first.

The only command I actually give...

I forgot that there is a command that I do order my crew to do. I know I said I don't actually tell others what to do, but it didnt occur to me that this can be construed as a "command". When the GSS Ho Bag Blaster is met with a moment of calm, ie between fighter wings in really hard levels and what not. I stop the railjack, start repairs and when that is done I say, "Everyone out, Archwing resource sweep." I communicate to my crew while this is happening to make sure we sweep our current combat area clean before moving on to the next. So far I have had zero objections with this order as everyone I have served with also needs materials. If you are thinking this prolongs the mission too long then you would be wrong 9 times out of 10. Four Archwings doing a sweep of an area is faster than you think, especially if you fought smart and limited your combat areas to smaller spaces. The 10 out of 10 scenario is on the really hard levels in Veil Proxima, chances are your Railjack will be commited to a running fight. The best way to mitigate this is to follow explosions during any given battle and soak up resources with your railjack to minimize the time spent doing an Archwing Sweep.

Edited by Syncr0w

19 hours ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Let me reiterate, stupid is as stupid does, and DE should be judged based on their recent design decisions.

DE has a share of the blame, but let's face it, people who can't adapt and are so situationally unaware that they miss the vast majority of their drops have to take the lion's share. 

Today I did a couple of quick runs in public, (still doing the forge/kill crewships/keep our Railjack alive role,) pilot was doing void hole, forward artillery. 

We never had enough mats to keep up with demand, and the pilot was begging people to not use up the resources he needed.

And as the person manning the forge I like to leave the ship topped up at the end of the mission before refining if it's at all possible. It really wasn't, and we barely got any as a reward, and just a few avionics. 

Best part? Whenever I got a chance to peep out of the window I'm seeing floating orbs all over the place. 

Am 13.1.2020 um 23:37 schrieb Voltage:

As pilot you have plenty of time to pick up loot in a PUG, at the end it's usually 90/90 fighters, 2/6 Crewships (or less...).

In premade Gian Point farm groups, the problem hardly exists, anyway. Two boarders stay with the CS till explosion and grab the CS loot on the forced exits, while the pilot catches every fighter loot at point blank inside a void hole (currently as cheap as 50p).