Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please pick up your drops in Railjack drops.

(PSN)guzmantt1977

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

DE has a share of the blame, but let's face it, people who can't adapt and are so situationally unaware that they miss the vast majority of their drops have to take the lion's share. 

Today I did a couple of quick runs in public, (still doing the forge/kill crewships/keep our Railjack alive role,) pilot was doing void hole, forward artillery. 

We never had enough mats to keep up with demand, and the pilot was begging people to not use up the resources he needed.

And as the person manning the forge I like to leave the ship topped up at the end of the mission before refining if it's at all possible. It really wasn't, and we barely got any as a reward, and just a few avionics. 

Best part? Whenever I got a chance to peep out of the window I'm seeing floating orbs all over the place. 

That is 100% a design choice by DE though. They could have increased vaccuum or added markers from the start (at least PC finally has them). But instead DE designed Railjack to waste your time. As I noted, even the enemy death animations make you wait before they drop their loot. Why? What benefit does that serve other than making everything take longer? But it was a design choice by DE.

At this point I'm frustrated too. Consoles have been abandoned for a month now and Railjack is pathetic with bad design decisions that make me doubt DE even plays the game any more. But in the end players don't want to waste 5-10 minutes flying around looking for loot. That's just not fun despite needing those drops (and consoles desperately need them since we don't have the increased resources yet, something PC got before the holiday break).

So you can be mad at the players but it's really DE that caused all of this.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

1 hour ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

But instead DE designed Railjack to waste your time.

Uh... It's a video game.... The whole purpose is to waste some time. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

At this point I'm frustrated too. Consoles have been abandoned for a month now and Railjack is pathetic with bad design decisions that make me doubt DE even plays the game any more. But in the end players don't want to waste 5-10 minutes flying around looking for loot. That's just not fun despite needing those drops (and consoles desperately need them since we don't have the increased resources yet, something PC got before the holiday break).

Hold up. We've been "abandoned"? What? That doesn't seem right. We got Railjack early by my estimate, just after PC. Switch only just got it. So we got it about a month early. If we didn't people would have been moaning about being "abandoned" because it took so long to port it to us. 

And they're definitely working on it, as you noted when you pointed out the improvements to the PC build, which always gets the fixes first. 

As to having to waste time flying around looking for loot, the way I look at it is like having a clean kitchen. I like to wash the dirty wares as I use them. I know people who don't do that and pile dirty dishes in the sink for days until they run out of dishes to use, then moan about how long they have to spend doing the dishes. 

I hang around the crewships, and make slight detours to collect loot as I'm zipping from one place to the next. It doesn't take much effort. 

When someone's got their void holes and killed a whole bunch of fighters, but couldn't be bothered to just fly the ship through the cloud of glowing drops when the hole vanishes? Yeah something's amiss with that person's play style. Especially when the person at the forge said:

You refined in the middle of the mission? 

We need mats asap. 

It also probably explains why that pilot has apparently had persistent problems, where they run out of Charges, missiles and flux during the mission. 

On 2020-01-13 at 3:40 PM, Acersecomic said:

The pilot?! All I see is people getting out in their archwings and just not doing anything about the loot. I spend as much time boosting around collecting loot as I do fighting the enemy with my Railjack.

If you board my ship, you will get every single avionics and component that drops.

Good man.

I say; If they don't like it, well they can abort the mission and get nothing.

In the end, you get everything, or nothing. Take your pick aboard *my* ship.

• Like 1

I gotta love when I run out of Revo trying to keep a ship afloat, get yelled at for not repairing a fatal breach, and then tell the Pilot "Maybe actually pick up some drops and I can keep the Revolite stocked" which usually causes the person to either get even more angry or leave in a rage.

...Seriously though they need to make sure that the drops needed to make things drop at a reasonable rate and that the vacuum can actually pick them up (or make it a non issue), hek, I'd even take a Tactical Avionic that picks up every item in a massive (e.g. 10000m) radius once every 380 seconds.

I've had more failures in missions due to people not piloting a Railjack and as a result not picking up anything to keep it afloat than actually not being able to repair the hull in time.

I get the opposite problem most of the times. I find myself as the pilot 90% of the times, and when the mission is over, i generally like to go pick up the drops from far away Crew Ships, and ofc, that includes avionics that may have wandered too far. Normally i ask if its ok to go pick up those resources, avionics, etc, but apparently, the squad chat does not exist, cause no one ever say anything, instead, they stand in the pilot seat, spamming abilities, shooting, or even worse: picking a very bright color for their Shedu, and shooting at the pilot he/she is driving the Railjack, making it literally impossible to move around (not to mention those people probably dont know that bright and flashing lights on the screen can cause health issues, but hey, do they care? nope).

They are always so impatient, and when they do not get their way, they discharge it on the pilot (usually the owner of the railjack they are in)

18 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Good man.

I say; If they don't like it, well they can abort the mission and get nothing.

In the end, you get everything, or nothing. Take your pick aboard *my* ship.

+1

16 hours ago, Aldain said:

I gotta love when I run out of Revo trying to keep a ship afloat, get yelled at for not repairing a fatal breach, and then tell the Pilot "Maybe actually pick up some drops and I can keep the Revolite stocked" which usually causes the person to either get even more angry or leave in a rage.

...Seriously though they need to make sure that the drops needed to make things drop at a reasonable rate and that the vacuum can actually pick them up (or make it a non issue), hek, I'd even take a Tactical Avionic that picks up every item in a massive (e.g. 10000m) radius once every 380 seconds.

I've had more failures in missions due to people not piloting a Railjack and as a result not picking up anything to keep it afloat than actually not being able to repair the hull in time.

Generally don't have time to get into a tit-for-tat with anyone other than "need mats asap". The rest of the time I'm usually too busy hopping off to stop crewships, or doing a scavenging run. 

Some runs are a lot worse than others. 

16 hours ago, Yakhul said:

I get the opposite problem most of the times. I find myself as the pilot 90% of the times, and when the mission is over, i generally like to go pick up the drops from far away Crew Ships, and ofc, that includes avionics that may have wandered too far. Normally i ask if its ok to go pick up those resources, avionics, etc, but apparently, the squad chat does not exist, cause no one ever say anything, instead, they stand in the pilot seat, spamming abilities, shooting, or even worse: picking a very bright color for their Shedu, and shooting at the pilot he/she is driving the Railjack, making it literally impossible to move around (not to mention those people probably dont know that bright and flashing lights on the screen can cause health issues, but hey, do they care? nope).

They are always so impatient, and when they do not get their way, they discharge it on the pilot (usually the owner of the railjack they are in)

Yeah I've seen the same. Some people are just always happy to pitch in and go collect some extra resources, fill back the ship, and refine at the end. Others just stand around impatient, and apparently wondering why the world doesn't just do what they want, when they want. 

Really wish items just went straight to mission summary. You can't even enjoy just shooting down things in front of you and getting the loot when their health hits 0 because they first swerve behind you 900 miles away screaming their systems are down, explode and THEN drop the loot; making you have to turn around and search for their drops.

i allways fly with my itzal in railjack cause then i can pretend i have a vaccum mod every now and then when i have enough energy to cast his 3, its one of the highlights in railjack when you fly through a cloud of drops and instead of having to stop and slowly try and fly into em you can just hit 3 and move on.

1 hour ago, Laston said:

i allways fly with my itzal in railjack cause then i can pretend i have a vaccum mod every now and then when i have enough energy to cast his 3, its one of the highlights in railjack when you fly through a cloud of drops and instead of having to stop and slowly try and fly into em you can just hit 3 and move on.

Considering how they keep nerfing arch guns and that arch melee is already dead, this may become the new meta. Then DE can give every archwing vaccuum and replace Cosmic Crush with something like Nyx's Chaos.

This reminds me where people want to get things like orokin cell or plastids but rushing to extraction killing enemies while I'm standing near starting area staring at the canister said tenno just pass through when it's right in the plain view before marking it to make the tenno run back.

I usually tell my team we're looting the place unless one of my member needs to go

On 2020-01-15 at 2:01 AM, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Now if only we can get DE to make fighters and Crewships drop their loot on death instead of after a lengthy death animation. Imagine killing a Grineer on a stairway and having them fall down every stair and only after their body comes to a complete rest will they drop any loot. Stupid is as stupid does.

I'm happy it's not like assassin's creed where you need to search every single corpse to get some loot or you get nothing

On 2020-01-14 at 10:56 AM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Dude, that's as ridiculous as buying a lottery ticket but refusing to check to see if you won anything. 

Railjack Missions are on the magnitude of 15 Kilomoeters * 15 Kilometers * 15 Kilometers.

having a Pickup Range of 150 Meters, is just nothing at all. even the Railjack has to almost come into physical contact with items to pick them up.
the Pickup Ranges are just totally out of touch with the size of these Missions. reasonable Pickup Ranges would be in the area of 150 Meters for Archwings, and ~600-700 Meters for the Railjack.

if you had Particle Ram active for example, if an Enemy died when touching that field, if the Railjack wasn't moving, you literally would not pick up the crap they Drop even though they collided with your face. you'd still have to move a little bit closer.

it's totally ridiculous.

Edited by taiiat

4 hours ago, taiiat said:

Railjack Missions are on the magnitude of 15 Kilomoeters * 15 Kilometers * 15 Kilometers.

You're shooting stuff down 15 km away from your Railjack? Man I can't wait for the updates! Most of the time people are killing enemies that are relatively close to their ship, and pilots zigzag to chase the fighters doing the strafing runs. 

4 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You're shooting stuff down 15 km away from your Railjack? Man I can't wait for the updates! Most of the time people are killing enemies that are relatively close to their ship, and pilots zigzag to chase the fighters doing the strafing runs. 

Enemies could be located almost anywhere within 15 Kilometers³, yes. 

especially since those Enemies do tend to move of their own volition, and Enemies that are nearby swirling around in a region that's easily several Kilometers³?
the Maps are huge, and the Pickup Range is still essentially the same size as coming into physical contact with items. our Pickup Range is literally lower than it is in Normal Missions, relatively speaking. we have lower Pickup Range in Railjack than we do on some random Solar Map Mission, or hilariously lower than even when we're inside a Crewship/Base where we use normal stuff(no, i'm not including Vacuum).
that is just offensive, that our Pickup Range covers a smaller scale of the playable area than it does in Normal Missions. even though the Missions easily contain 10x the 3D space.

Edited by taiiat

16 hours ago, taiiat said:

Enemies could be located almost anywhere within 15 Kilometers³, yes. 

especially since those Enemies do tend to move of their own volition, and Enemies that are nearby swirling around in a region that's easily several Kilometers³?
the Maps are huge, and the Pickup Range is still essentially the same size as coming into physical contact with items. our Pickup Range is literally lower than it is in Normal Missions, relatively speaking. we have lower Pickup Range in Railjack than we do on some random Solar Map Mission, or hilariously lower than even when we're inside a Crewship/Base where we use normal stuff(no, i'm not including Vacuum).
that is just offensive, that our Pickup Range covers a smaller scale of the playable area than it does in Normal Missions. even though the Missions easily contain 10x the 3D space.

Oh... Ohhhhhhhh. 

I thought that you meant that the enemies were being shot down up to 15km away from your current location, which would definitely explain why people might not be bothered to pick up the drops. 

I didn't realise that that you only meant that the space-box is that big, simply because it appears that enemy spawns tend to be based on our current locations at the time of spawning. 

Here I was getting all excited that the weapons were given a major buff in the current PC version. 😅

8 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

I thought that you meant that the enemies were being shot down up to 15km away from your current location, which would definitely explain why people might not be bothered to pick up the drops. 

Here I was getting all excited that the weapons were given a major buff in the current PC version. 

i sortof am, in the perspective that Enemies will Spawn over here and over there and Et Cetera and that it's not too hard for them to die several Kilometers away from each other, and ergo each group of Enemies could totally have their deaths covering a several Kilometer cubed area. and then there will be several of those 'spheres' around each Mission.
stuff can be pretty far apart, heh.
especially in laggy Sessions, as in laggy Sessions items can bounce off of you rather than getting picked up, and so go careening off into the darkness.

essentially tl;dr is that relative to our own Player/Ship size our Pickup Range is the same as it is in Normal Missions, but the Mission is now like 20x bigger. so relative to the Mission our Pickup Range in Railjack isn't even the same as normal, it's actually lower. :/

uh, several of the Weapons did get a major Range increase in the last PC Railjack adjustment? all variants of Carcinnox now have a 4 Kilometer Range, all variants of Photor now have a... 3 or 4 Kilometer Range, all Variants of Pulsar now have a 6 Kilometer Range, Et Cetera.

Edited by taiiat