Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toxicity in warframe.

MouadSaqui

Honesty, the number one reason why I started playing this game is bcs its community Was, so nice to each other, at least in game, people joined random public missions just to teach new player about the game, You will not believe if I told you I didn't know this game has Quests until someone told me about it, Playing this game cured my Ptsd from my previous game that I used to play, before warframe I played league of Legends, and we all know what type of players play that game, what I was to say is ... when a game is so competitive, its player base develop a toxic behavior towards each others, it starts with insults, then screams on your teammates, then blame them when you lose the game.

this type of behavior is what Warframe don't need, and sadly what we are seeing right now is an increase of toxic players, hosts leaving for no f***ing reason, people raging at each other during empyrean missions, now imagine if it get competitive, or we get to choose roles before we go into mission, this will increase the toxicity in this game, thats why DE should Give up on pushing squad play mentality, by making it more like a Choice, not something thats required to clear nodes, DE should give up on alienating solo play in respect of its playerbase, bcs no body wants to feel pushed to play with people and get bullied if they don't so something the Meta expect you to do.

Please Tenno, be Nice to each other, Leave differences aside, and provide DE with your constructive criticism. please DE don't turn this game into League of Legends.   

• Like 22

Sounds like any online game i have ever played tbh. I will admit it definitely has gotten worse over these years because of the ease of access. Would you be surprised if i said its what you make of it and how you handle it that makes all the difference?

hands down the best community's i have been a part of is the MMO's in the 2000's. But because of the difficulty of those games if you were a jerk to everyone you simply couldnt play the game since you ruined your image on the server and nobody wanted to help you. These days its a lot different with matchmaking for everything.

41 minutes ago, MouadSaqui said:

DE should Give up on pushing squad play mentality, by making it more like a Choice, not something thats required to clear nodes, DE should give up on alienating solo play in respect of its playerbase

~95% of the content can be soloed. You and everyone else has the option to decide to join a random group. I do agree that those that join a random group shouldn't get mad at whatever they end up getting paired with since expectations should be super low.

• Like 1

How exactly would DE turn the game in to "League of Legends" when that is a competitive pvp game? Warframe is f2p which can allow people who haven't spent a cent to not care about their account to be toxic. That said, if someone is intentionally hindering the experience for another user, that is another form of toxicity. You couldn't blame a player for getting angry in chat in that situation (doesn't mean they should say horrible things though.)

Toxicity will exist in every single online game, no matter what. Because people are people. They could have had a rough day, their family or pet could have died recently etc. Block and report them, that's all you should do if it really bothers you.

• Like 1

Communitty?  Never experienced much in wf. People tend to just do the mission quick and rarely communicate.

When i was new my first mission with strangers was nothing but negative.  So i stopped for months only got into it seriously to where i am now after playing with a friend for a few weeks.  Then he up and quit.  So now i am the master and he is the noobie.

I don't often say much ingame with how awful the console keyboard is.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

10 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

it's a scientific fact that if you avoid Region and Trade Chats, and only go public when you have to, you can reduce encountered toxicity by at least 95%!

Actually, its by 99%. So glad I run alone, my toxicity index is always on quadruple negatives.

31 minutes ago, More-L said:

How exactly would DE turn the game in to "League of Legends" when that is a competitive pvp game?

By making the margin for error so small that mistakes are unforgivable, and majority% of the game's content and player base can't compete.
By making the rewards so daunting and desire-able to obtain that people act like Black Friday shoppers to get them.

When players need to be in such a finite scope of intent, we've stopped welcoming everyone, and only welcome those made for it.

Edited by kapn655321

To give an impulsive opinion

To the OP, I'm surprised you're even looking into the game for toxicity, I mean it's always there, but the amount of it doesn't really feel that much, though admittedly it might be a bit concentrated in Trade chat and in the sentient ship farms.
I personally think it's because our ways of interacting with eachother is so limited, rather than any meanness or niceness inherent in each of us (that's pretty dark).

I'm surprised you claim there is toxicity in a place where there is a marginal amount of it -in the game-, rather than in the forums, where you see WAY more toxicity and generalized dismissive rude behavior than anywhere you might look, I mean OP, I'm sure you have a point, but be honest with yourself, the forums are where most of the toxicity is in this game.

• Like 1

You probably just ignored "toxicity" in the past. There's no such thing as a "toxic" or "non-toxic" gaming community unless the population for the game is incredibly low and managed to attract a very specific type of people. People, by nature, are more neutral. Most people you see getting upset at others while playing online games aren't "toxic" at all, they're just frustrated, most likely due to a bad period in their life.

You just don't see it much for Warframe, not because it's a pve game, because pve games see the same behavior as pvp, it's simply Warframe's mediocre difficulty level. If the failure rate is non-existent then there's no reason for people to get upset. I almost never see people raging, because it's pretty much impossible to fail any mission that isn't Sortie Spy, which I don't ever pub, or radiation mobile defense, which I also either just solo or play Oberon anyways.

Although, it's ignorant to say chat "toxicity" is the only form of poor behavior. There are people who go into pub mission with the intent of not contributing at all, because people who leech aren't routinely moderated on Warframe. There are people who will get radiation procs to intentionally kill their allies, and anyone not experienced wouldn't even know that's how they were even killed in the first place. These are just a couple examples, there's plenty more.

You know while pvp players don't do jack against pve player. For some reason, people are toxic to us.

They forget we play pve and we are a pve player that just enjoys the pvp function. We didn't come to this game to play just pvp but we play this game to enjoy it.

When people are toxic towards us for enjoying pvp and down shooting us for playing it telling us what we have is trash... Darn, that's pretty bad.

Anyways i wish there was a better reflection. Some don't play pvp or ever played against us yet they call us toxic and just insult what we enjoy.

Need an example here is my post

Edited by Leavith
  • Like 2

I feel like this game was only ever considered positive is because people didn't have a reason to Blame, or even talk to others. (Except for spy sorties, but there's a good reason why that has the highest solo rate compared to other missions.)

Most of the content in this game can be easily solo'd but the few bits where you actually need people to be competent cause toxicity.

Il y a 2 heures, H3RRD0KT0R a dit :

warframe is not competitive

Oh it definitely is competitive for many people. Just a common example: have you never waited at extraction for that guy who keeps killing stuff, desperately trying to get the highest damage %... in a capture mission? While competition in a pve game may seem vain to you and me, some competitive-minded people will stop at nothing, even the most ridiculous means, including exploiting bugs or compromising mission success. And when they repeatedly fail to be "number 1", unfortunately they often turn their anger towards others.

Edited by Robolaser

12 minutes ago, schilds said:

They're probably crashing, or disconnecting, not deliberately leaving.

Probably though it may depend on the situation.

I have deliberately left a group as host a few times over the years for particular reasons.

Say boss battles where clearly no one has good enough gear to actually beat the boss.  Or back with the wolf of saturn spawning in defense missions well everyone is power leveling.  Beating on him for 40 mins plus was a waste.

And i am starting to abort veil anomaly missions if i don't get something of value. Just need a shedu reciever.

It really depends.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

58 minutes ago, LoneWolveYT said:

I see a lot of the "arguing without evaluation."  People just jump to conclusions and get offended when you say things that they don't like.  Or they argue without actually any factual evidence and just name call and use buzzwords

A large portion of the player base (for nearly any videogame) are between 16-25 years of age.
The part of the brain in charge of social restraint and impulse control, isn't done developing until the age of 25.
With a majority of them being males, testosterone plays it's role as a component in picking Us/Them dichotomies.
Also being more likely to, "love," a game, as it may be one of the primary sources of feeling in control, appreciated, or accepted, Oxytocin may be involved; playing a critical role in our minds protecting and fighting for what we love.. as it both influences feelings of deep affection, and also, "I would kill this person to protect this other one."

Put that all together.. and you get people making knee jerk, life or death style decisions about others, based off their passions, over incredibly minor details.
*Results may vary.
*Some turbulence is to be expected.

I do try to keep this in mind, as these Ugly disputes, are more often a misunderstood case of, "ugly ducklings."

Oh, and dopamine withdrawal.

Edited by kapn655321
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Sharkgoblin said:

i love the smell of napalm in the morning, smells like victory

oh now you remind me of star-craft, great...

my toxicity is against meta slaves, and recently insufferable railjack captains, i now play solo but cmon i cant tolerate those people

pvp people...well i don't like them since the universal token incident