Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toxicity in warframe.

MouadSaqui

I believe that community here is not really different from any other game - people be people, you know. The reason why you would barely encounter toxicity in this game is due to the way co-op works in most missions - you can solo it, but if you are doing it in a group, you simply get extra everything (XP, resources due to increased enemy spawns) while having an easier time, with no need to really coordinate. SInce people don't really depend on each other's actions and only gain from having extra teammates (during regular missions), there is little reason to be angry at other players. In addition to that, this game is very confusing to learn, and everyone who went far in Warframe know this, so they are eager to help new players with this early confusion and lack of knowledge (plus the game provide you with extra tools, like linking item descriptions, builds etc.).

However, you can see how this formula of easy co-op doesn't really apply to stuff like Eidolon hunts, Railjack, also potentially profit taker, arbitrations and index. And in these modes, you will obviously have more toxicity, because you depend more on the actions of your teammates.

• Like 2

I've seen the occasional toxicity myself, mostly from people who try too hard in this game and attempt to feel better about themselves in some ways, frequently comparing to other people.

My two cents in this matter:

- Allow us to hide MR from "ESC menu" and "Player Profile", this should let people to have some anti-entitlement measures against those who care too much about "Hydron/Onslaught level", thus limiting some of the tensions.

- Improve the Ignore system to exclude people on the list from future sessions we choose.

• Like 1

Before these few new updates this was almost nonexistent.
The liches started this(kill your lich for mine to spawn, don't hold the mission etc bs).
Now railjack with all the things that could go wrong.

Before there were very, very few instances when one person could be blamed for anything, I can think of only two: sortie spy in public and radiation hazard mobile defence.The first when someone doesn't know how to do spy missions and because if the whole mission fails, the second when they don't know how rad proc can allow you to destroy the terminal.
Other than that every other mission could be carried by a single tenno with a good setup and no one was hostile, because there was no reason.  

13 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

buhahahahahahahahahahaha.

no.

Toxic behaviour was present in some forms or another for as long as I've been around which is a fair bit (6 years).

people leaving mission because someone dared to bring X frame, people leaving missions because someone with non-current-max MR joined, people quite directly flaming on other people blaming them for their failure because of - oh again MR differences. Vauban bounce pads, tonkor-calypse that ended up with DE removing one of the main selling points from tonkor to "prevent griefing", early limbo days grief-fest, the list goes on and on and on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Elenortirie said:

no.

Toxic behaviour was present in some forms or another for as long as I've been around which is a fair bit (6 years).

people leaving mission because someone dared to bring X frame, people leaving missions because someone with non-current-max MR joined, people quite directly flaming on other people blaming them for their failure because of - oh again MR differences. Vauban bounce pads, tonkor-calypse that ended up with DE removing one of the main selling points from tonkor to "prevent griefing", early limbo days grief-fest, the list goes on and on and on.

That's hardly toxicity imo, I'm talking about something almost on the level on lol now, the examples you give are ... cute, but they are not the thing that's happening now.

1 minute ago, vegetosayajin said:

That's hardly toxicity imo, I'm talking about something almost on the level on lol now, the examples you give are ... cute, but they are not the thing that's happening now.

That's nothing different to "the thing that's happening now". That is, when you don't skip the part of "quite directly flaming" on the list provided. You may have been lucky to not encounter these behaviours before, but it is here for a long time by now.

• Like 1

Okay. So I'm going to be honest, I started reading to see where the OP was coming from. Then I saw this:

13 hours ago, MouadSaqui said:

Playing this game cured my Ptsd from my previous game that I used to play, before warframe I played league of Legends, and we all know what type of players play that game,

Then I stopped reading because I realised that the OP abuses hyperbole.

I'm pretty sure that most of us are aware of how toxic PvP competitive games can be, and yes LOL is bad. But to claim that you got PTSD from voluntarily playing a video game? 

At that point, my confidence that the OP is accurately reporting on their experiences in this game, dropped past the zero mark. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MouadSaqui said:

Honesty, the number one reason why I started playing this game is bcs its community Was, so nice to each other, at least in game, people joined random public missions just to teach new player about the game, You will not believe if I told you I didn't know this game has Quests until someone told me about it, Playing this game cured my Ptsd from my previous game that I used to play, before warframe I played league of Legends, and we all know what type of players play that game, what I was to say is ... when a game is so competitive, its player base develop a toxic behavior towards each others, it starts with insults, then screams on your teammates, then blame them when you lose the game.

this type of behavior is what Warframe don't need, and sadly what we are seeing right now is an increase of toxic players, hosts leaving for no f***ing reason, people raging at each other during empyrean missions, now imagine if it get competitive, or we get to choose roles before we go into mission, this will increase the toxicity in this game, thats why DE should Give up on pushing squad play mentality, by making it more like a Choice, not something thats required to clear nodes, DE should give up on alienating solo play in respect of its playerbase, bcs no body wants to feel pushed to play with people and get bullied if they don't so something the Meta expect you to do.

Please Tenno, be Nice to each other, Leave differences aside, and provide DE with your constructive criticism. please DE don't turn this game into League of Legends.   

Destiny 2 has lost 200k players on Steam since the start of October and they had to go somewhere...

Don't let it concern you, they'll get fed up (or banned) and move on - they always do...

The thing is, I haven't witnessed alot of individual toxic behavior in WF aside from deliberate leechers and afkers and they aren't too common.

But with the recent lazy game design of DE(liches, sentient ship anomally), people are forced to embrace "every man for himself" mindset and start disrespecting each other. Although like I said, player base aren't the ones in the wrong imo. It is just bad game design. I'm just afraid that the frustration style gameplay will become the new backbone of warframe and toxicity will spiral out of control. Which obviously will be the games downfall.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vegetosayajin said:

The liches started this(kill your lich for mine to spawn, don't hold the mission etc bs).
Now railjack with all the things that could go wrong.

Before there were very, very few instances when one person could be blamed for anything, I can think of only two: sortie spy in public and radiation hazard mobile defence.The first when someone doesn't know how to do spy missions and because if the whole mission fails, the second when they don't know how rad proc can allow you to destroy the terminal.
Other than that every other mission could be carried by a single tenno with a good setup and no one was hostile, because there was no reason.  

I agree, even when playing public Sortie spy missions there was always that players who will gladly do the objectives and asks you nicely to not screw it up ^^

21 hours ago, MouadSaqui said:

Playing this game cured my Ptsd from my previous game that I used to play

if you got PTSD from playing a videogame, you should stop playing altogether

21 hours ago, MouadSaqui said:

not something thats required to clear nodes

since they took out raids, you can clear everything in the game solo

I complete Veil Proxima missions solo because it currently is the only way to get 100 intrinsics / hour

8 hours ago, Elenortirie said:

no.

Loki switch teleport, Valkyr spiderweb grab, Nova wormhole spawn teleport, Nova mp spam to hoard all kills, team killing, voting continue and leaving at the last second etc etc

11 hours ago, Operativ said:

- Allow us to hide MR from "ESC menu" and "Player Profile", this should let people to have some anti-entitlement measures against those who care too much about "Hydron/Onslaught level", thus limiting some of the tensions.

or... add a preference filter for matchmaking where people can i.e. add the min MR they want to play with

personally I'd like to have a min/max hours played preference for certain missions

Edited by BlackVortex

Toxicity is a natural thing in online communities because the real life is sometimes hard and makes the peoples weary. Frustration can be cured by playing a game, read a book or do something else. Usually players whom going to solo, playing pvp or mostly focusing on pve can be the most toxic ones, because each of them playing for their way which could differ from another.

Secondly it depends on the personality, some people are nice in an online environment but in real life can be dik. I does play a lot public and playing also with my clannies/friends ( whom still plays the game ) and I did not encountered so much toxicity. Mostly those missions causes toxicity where you need to do brain work or cooperate with others but many players want always win which sometimes not happening. Frustration is a bad thing but it is a complex thing what you need to analyze before you going to play with others. We are humans and it is natural to feel frustrated if some of the real life parts works badly or just not works good enough.

Best option to add those peoples whom seems patient and temper enough to not flood you with their real life problems or find peoples whom like to share it and could you talk it. Depending on what kind of person you are because most of the peoples just coming to relax and does not care about others beyond a level of ( online trust ). 

I think the toxicity within all games, not any game particular is due in large part to the instant gratification culture we live in paired with the anonymity of the inter webs. PvP games absolutely ramp up that aspect.

There was another game I used to play that if certain players didn’t have this certain launcher you weren’t allowed into the raid. I always laughed at those LFG posts since half the fun is the journey towards the goal.

22 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

it's a scientific fact that if you avoid Region and Trade Chats, and only go public when you have to, you can reduce encountered toxicity by at least 95%!

you'll encounter salty people here and there, but you can always ignore and report them.

22 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

Actually, its by 99%. So glad I run alone, my toxicity index is always on quadruple negatives.

This is why I too solo or only group with select people in all Online games. If I don't have an option to solo a game, then I just don't buy or play it.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

This is why I too solo or only group with select people in all Online games. If I don't have an option to solo a game, then I just don't buy or play it.  

As a mainly solo player myself I absolutely understand that mentality, although sometimes you can run into some really solid people while public matchmaking.

I paired with a MR28 who offered to help me with any questions or activities I still needed to clear at the time.

It’s always nice to be pleasantly surprised like that.

21 hours ago, Elenortirie said:

no.

Incidentally, that grief-fest with Limbo hasn't gone away - I was running some low level stuff with MR fodder a month ago and a guy hit me with Rift and then had the gall to ask me why I wasn't shooting anything...