Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Delete - this isn't feedback, i prefer it deleted then my intentions be walked on.(enrichment if our gameplay- why you may find pvp hard?)

Leavith

Please delete this it wasn't ever meant to be feedback. It was meant to be discussion about pvp content just like people talk about riven, updates, warframe, ect....

So if this was being treated as feedback then something was done wrong because i never meant this to happen and i wasn't notified it was moved... If this is staff way to avoid problem i will save you the time and delete it, i will re-write and do a better job to post it were it properly belongs.

Spoiler

Introduction

i want to first say that this thread is regarding pvp-conclave content and that while it can also apply in PVE this is looking at it how it applies in PVP. i want to first say that this thread is regarding pvp-conclave content and that while it can also apply in PVE this is looking at it how it applies in PVP.

Second, my goal of this thread is for the discussion of warframe pvp- conclave content and make a difference in the way we should choose our weapons and handle them; this can be be summarize by calling it the feel of the weapon. This will also later cover by editing if i must the connection of power and other aspect of pvp-conclave gameplay.

Third, i know that people may not have the best outlook of Warframe Conclave or PVP in Warframe in general, i can understand that you have the right to your opinion and that you don't care what my thread is about, but then you may ask why i mention this. The reason i do is ecause this thread is mostly the discussion of an overlooked mode in warframe that i enjoy.As such I want to educate and at the same time share my experience in different parts o help promote a more enerich gameplay and explain things from my view... including a discussion with you all about this.

IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Spoiler

I will say if you do have a problem, i am sorry you feel this way, but my thread isn't intended for your feedback that you have about conclave . I am just a player who cannot change anything you will share with me about and i cannot do anything about the grievances or the dislikes you have. The most i can do is tell you once again. Sorry, i don't see things the same way you do and if you could respect my thread then i can respect your opinion that you may add in the post reply that you share that will be about the topic at hand. 

Nevertheless, if you do have any complaints regarding Warframe-Conclave-PVP here is a link to where you can direct your FEEDBACK that doesn't have anything to do with my topic but only share the same name.  Again my topic will be the discussion of Detection, Recoil, Triggers, and Projectiles(i will and may touch on fire rate and how they apply to pvp)  

HERE IS THE LINK FOR ALL YOUR COMPLAINTS< FEEDBACK< OPINIONS< PERSPECTIVE< or WHATEVER YOU WANT TO CALL THE SAME THING

if you cannot find a place to post this information you want to share, then i believe you are free to start your own thread with discussion of your own topic.

I hope that we can have smart disucssion here and not make this an exestential discussion why pvp exist. My hope is that if you are interested in the topic even if you don't play pvp you comment and share your opinion regarding the topic. I also hope that those of you who know more then me can share your experience and knowledge of the topic of this thread.I hope you don't feel unwelcomed here but do hope you can respect the discussion of this thread topic.

The original post- Is meant to discuss Damage of your weapon & resistance including my take on it- is short and i recomend you skip around cause some people posted some better beneficial comments then my thread regarding i would have started this with warframe and weapon stats, or the discussions that can be had on power and mods, but i decided to make this talk first the  most simple & short but important aspects that without ever comprehending you going to have a hard time in pvp.

The New Editied post- is meant to further discussion and the addiion to the topic regarding weapons triggers, detection, recoil relationship, and Proectiles. My topics in all of this categories aren't to broad but give and take what can be used by you.

Damage & Resistances

Spoiler

In Warframe PVE the different types of damage don't matter, because when it comes to PVE we have a formula of what is good. This formula adjusts itself based on our weapon stats but they mostly work with corrosive focus if the weapon isn't a critical damage machine, or viral & slash if it is.

In Warframe PVP-conclave the formula of what is good damage type changes. This is because of many reasons i will discuss in a different post, but for now, take my word for it.

--- so what damage type matter?

Welp, it only depends who is being targeted

IMO the main kings is Cold but toxic is close second

elemental- Cold &Toxin

Cold because it will slow down your target down. In PVP were speed is what will keep you alive. How fast you reload, move, roll, dodge, get up, recover, shoot, etc.

Let me explain the other damage type uses

Toxic is good against your enemy if it has a lot of shields. Issue why it looses to Cold because most things that do basic toxic damage they are greatly reduced.

Fire- is good against the flesh, not the shields.

Electric good against shields but proc ain't going to do much unless in a team match.

--------- Cold & Toxic are the only one who has an effect that won't be minimized by the difference between Shield and armor/health 

As for the combined Elemental damage we are dealing with damage type that isn't usually found in a weapon, unlike singular type weapons.

Physical- Puncture & Impact don't worry too much about Slash.

Puncture is unequal as against all warframe as we all have ferrite armor

While impact is unequal against all shields in Warframe as most have shields

Slash, however, gets shot down by both armor and shield as it is resisted by armor and also doesn't excel against the shield. However, it isn't too bad but the bulkier your target you will have a harder time.

......why is this information important?

Welp, because your weapons must match up with this formula. When fighting other warframe you need to have:

A... A weapon that can deal with shields

B... A weapon that can deal with armor/shield

C... Be able to strategize base on your weapon.

Besides some rare have to plan hard attacks there are no one-shot methods in warframe... Unless we discuss the headshots by weapons that shouldn't be getting shot unless you staying in one spot.

However, leaving that aside you need to know what you are using, weapons in pvp aren't used because of just i like this, NO you have to know what you are using.

Okay so now what do i do with this information?

Welp, you use it in a fight, almost all weapons are skewed to one damage type and such you should:

Learn to switch weapons at adequate time

Ex 1. You hit your enemy shield down and you spray pray puncture bullets at them.

Ex 2. You slam attack down with an impact weapon taking shields out to shoot them afterward with your puncture gun.

Ex 3. You shoot using your primary or secondary at shields as you approach your enemy switching to melee to end him once shields are down.

The Weapon Triggers

Starting i want to explain what triggers are and why they are important in the first place. Triggers more understood as annoyances in PVE but PVP is more of a representation of control. I forget if this research stands but the first shot of every weapon will be the most accurate and on the reticle then any future shot from the same clip. I am stating this so you understand that triggers don't have to do with this directly but are affected in there performance by this.

Triggers are best exemplify by the methods your weapon will be firing is ammunition or what mechanic it will follow. I will be using popular weapons to discuss the 6 methods is discovered and there are some special subgroups in some of these methods i will touch upon them, but the methods & weapon example are as follow:

Braton Prime-Auto-Can provide a rain of bullets per wide area without hinder by reach    Paris Prime-Charge- can provide proper a solid amount of damage per shot
Burston Prime-Burst-can provide a concentration of many bullets in a small area             Ignis Wrath-Held-can be used without repercussion of recoil
Latron Prime-Semi-can provide focus fire and accurate shots                                            Castanas-Active-can be used to set up traps

The other two subgroups are:
Prisma Gorgon- Auto- Wind up Weapons(but this has to do with fire rate so i consider is pseudo)- they get faster and faster when you begin to use them, but they start slow
Opticor- Charge-Auto fire weapon- these weapons are once the charge of the weapon is complete will fire automatically and shot cant be held.
I will talk about this some more in this post, but i shall jump to the next topic.

The Recoil & Triggers

With every weapon there comes something we call recoil as you take shots. Some weapons have an insane amount of recoil per shot while others NADA. It is always important in any shooting game to take this into account, the reason why because this will affect the accuracy of your shot. A lot of weapons have a relative recoil factor to the method of trigger(see i said i would talk more about them) as such most of the weapon can be automatically dictated that based on there trigger the recoil will be easily predicted and adjusted for. Of course, you may think i don't plan to use a weapon that has recoil but that is where we can make a mistake, why you may ask> " the difference between a poison and a medicine is the dosage" < i bring this up to say that not all recoil is bad. The only understanding we need to have is that recoil has to be in your control.

Spoiler

Braton prime is auto weapon recoil will kick the weapon mostly to go up when you are shooting, this means this weapon has the effect where is best moment is at mid-range, or closer. These weapons all have an initial good form of accuracy. However, you can control the auto weapons effect by limiting the number of bullets you let out of your barrage meaning you control your recoil, taking breaks between you barrage fire help as you can readjust your reticle and help it return to rest.

Burston prime is a burst weapon whose recoil will have a kick that shows as many bullets will be fired off at once. You don't have to much control unless you can quickly adjust your weapon aim as your weapon fires bullets. The weapon because of this has a very distinct use of close to mid-range from your target. The weapon can be helped by the fact that any torso shot you may take can lead to a headshot thanks to recoil. This can occur quickly thanks to recoil and you don't have to fix it yourself however the opposite isn't true you have to control to keep your headshot.

Latron Prime is a semi weapon whose recoil has a kick but because all shots must be imputed manually. This means that there is time for your weapon to refocus before your next shot allowing you for better accuracy recoil is involved. 

Paris Prime is a Charge weapon, So is opticor both differ in what happens after you charge your weapon. Each one must be handled separately however because each shot takes time to prepare each shot can be better aimed and fire accurately. quickfire exist with this weapon and that is where recoil will show however these weapons are perfect for all ranges except close up unless the weapon is already prepared to fire. Opticor is a bad example for all ranges as there is a max range for the shot, and Paris prime has fallen off so take that into account see the following section.

Is Wrath as it being a held weapon doesn't have recoil however accuracy stats exist in all weapons which will designate if your weapons will be accurate this weapon thou have a limitation of reach. SO they are tied to mid-range and close.

Castanas are held weapon however they don't technically have recoil but lack accuracy, because of the normal deviation of held weapons the weapon is implicated to lack a proper function that is hard to control for direct impact as such they are more appropriate as traps.

The Detection & Recoil

Now detection is much simpler but does make two clear difference, one is hit-scan weapons and the other is the travel-time weapons. This is important in itself and there is no method to help you use this better besides shortening the amount of prediction of your enemy future movement take into account. Hitscan have less prediction involved then projectile because the further you are the more you have to deal with. Recoil will affect projectiles that have travel time and have fall-off.

The Projectiles

This section isn't clear at all because the Projectile reflect whatever your weapon is shooting. There different types of projectiles but i can think of a few things that you will quickly recognize.
the bullet that explodes, arrows, bolts, waves, mist, orbs, many bullets, two bullets beams, and so many different forms of things you can throw at your enemy. Yet all this things matter... WHY?
because each projectile has a different speed to there projectile and they have a different effect when it comes to collisions.

Conclusion

When it comes to handling your weapon you have to have a feel for your weapon, understand all this aspect or in fas mode like pvp you will not be able to hit your target. When it comes to choosing your weapon you have to make sure it matches up to your playstyle you cannot avoid using a weapon because of appearance if that is the only weapon that matches you. You are handicapping yourself and ruining the fun for yourself. Additionally, you have to take into account the synergy between your warframe and weapons- which will be further discussed. I want to say that that the last two are short but very important because the existence of the way your weapon detects and the projectile is firing will make the greatest difference to how your weapon feels. 

You have to get your weapon feels, so feel free to share your experience  in how you discovered your ideal weapon choice or things that pertain to discussion.

This are just some basic stuff we don't think about and next time i do a post i will probably be edited in and the previous post will be turned to spoiler tags but this is important stuff to keep in mind if you ever want to take a shot at pvp. Cause in pve we can forget about actually taking advantage of the multiplier and switching weapons to kill one target and other stuff here and there but in PVP we aren't dealing with AI anymore people who adapt and the more inform you are the richer your gameplay will be.

Edited by Leavith
  • Like 3

To clarify and summarize from the wiki:

Impact b Impact damage is effective against Shields.

Puncture b Puncture damage is effective against Health.

Slash b Slash damage is equally effective against Health and Shields.

Corrosive b Corrosive, Radiation b Radiation, Toxin b Toxin, and Viral b Viral damages are effective against Health.

Blast b Blast, Cold b Cold, Gas b Gas, and Magnetic b Magnetic damages are effective against Shields.

Electricity b Electricity and Heat b Heat damages are equally effective against Health and Shields.

All elemental weapons and abilities, except for Blast b Blast, Toxin b Toxin, and Viral b Viral, will always proc on hit.

Toxin b Toxin will always damage health directly through shields.

That said, most people who might be interested in Conclave in any semblance of long-term would either already know this or know where to go to get these kinds of tips. For anyone outside that group - a few games with just a Skana against slide-attack one-hit dual swords and Wolf Sledges will handle things.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

That said, most people who might be interested in Conclave in any semblance of long-term would either already know this or know where to go to get these kinds of tips. For anyone outside that group - a few games with just a Skana against slide-attack one-hit dual swords and Wolf Sledges will handle things.

Thanks for the extra info, i wanted to first introduce the damage before i introduce how to use the information of damage.

I didn't think there are one hit dual sword or wolf sledge that will handle just do high damage.

I do understand and people would think but if someone is just trying it out... They normally wouldn't do research i know i didn't and most people don't. I did share this because people who don't realize this kinda end up not figuring out why killing someone is harder then it should be.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Leavith said:

What are you doing here posting? This definitely not a thread or something you enjoy. If you read my post you would know this post is to educate and discuss with those who are interested why they find pvp hard not to play or not to play pvp.

You're posting in general discussion.....

If you only wanted people who like conclave you used the wrong part of the forum and in all honesty with your number of posts you should know about the conclave section of the forum, so I can only assume that what you really wanted to do was complain about those of us who dislike conclave saying negative things about conclave.

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 5

24 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

PvP being hard is not why I don't play it, it's unfulfilling because you play AGAINST other players, not alongside them. I think PvPers just don't realize or can't imagine that people wouldn't want to compete in a videogame.

I am sorry, i think we have misunderstood. My post isn't about why you don't play pvp or people don't play it. Is about why people find it hard and about some information they should keep in mind, how it differs from pve knowledge, and some of my experience.

23 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

You're posting in general discussion.....

If you only wanted people who like conclave you used the wrong part of the forum and in all honesty, with your number of posts you should know about the conclave section of the forum, so I can only assume that what you really wanted to do was complain about those of us who dislike conclave saying negative things about conclave.

Nope, read my post i don't complain about a single thing instead i give information and tips as well as the use of how things appear in PVP. NEVER DO I DISMISS PVE... OR ACT NEGATIVE TOWARDS THOSE THAT DO NOT LIKE PVP in my opening post.... Oh and that section of the forum is for feedback... Conclave feedback not discussion if you are talking about the one labeled Conclave ... Is under feedback.

You came here to talk about conclave and diss it. But hey bro i enjoy it yo, however,r don't but came to something tag for the conclave. General Discussion, yeah because i feel this to be welcome to come and talk but hey what have decency.

Look when you assume you make a but our of you and me. Understand and read what i posted. Not just be bias and accuse me.

Edited by Leavith
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Leavith said:

Thanks for the extra info, i wanted to first introduce the damage before i introduce how to use the information of damage.

I didn't think there are one hit dual sword or wolf sledge that will handle just do high damage.

I do understand and people would think but if someone is just trying it out... They normally wouldn't do research i know i didn't and most people don't. I did share this because people who don't realize this kinda end up not figuring out why killing someone is harder then it should be.

Dual sword slide attacks, at the current moment, one-shot the sizable majority of the playable roster, if not everybody barring Warframe buffs. I've yet to find anyone that's survived a Nami Skyla Prime slide attack. Wolf Sledge doesn't one-shot, but does home in on targets within ~90 degrees of the centre of the crosshair (give or take - I'm bad at three-dimensional trigonometric estimations) and has full damage throughout an explosion some 3-5m in radius.

If this is targeted for someone just trying it out, then I would suggest:

1. Opening up with a guide on how to equip weapons (since they aren't auto-equipped and this information won't do a player wielding just a skana a ton of good)

2. Ensuring links to previous posts / threads (if you aren't going to keep it all in one thread) so nobody misses previous information

3. Doing a bit more editing and trimming so that info is as straightforward and logically quantized as possible

Bonus points for using / quoting from the Wiki, since it's a good reference guide and a good way to separate explanation from data. I know how Conclave works in principle so I don't need to sift through an explanation of damage types, I just need the list of what's pro-shield, what's pro-armour, and what's balanced. Giving that info to your readers is a blessing to them. (Contrary to popular academic belief, there's nothing wrong with quoting a wiki)

But it definitely needs to start from ground zero. Weapon damage types are like, the fifth floor.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

My apologies for being off subject. In generally discussion, it's usually about riffing off of whatever topic.. sometimes tangentially.
There is a conclave part of the forum, which is vastly less likely to derail on ya. 😃

Yeah, is feedback... Kinda not giving feedback here... I didn't think i would be shot at for sharing something that isn't feedback about what i talk about.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

If you only wanted people who like conclave you used the wrong part of the forum and in all honesty with your number of posts you should know about the conclave section of the forum, so I can only assume that what you really wanted to do was complain about those of us who dislike conclave saying negative things about conclave.

2 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

My apologies for being off subject. In generally discussion, it's usually about riffing off of whatever topic.. sometimes tangentially.
There is a conclave part of the forum, which is vastly less likely to derail on ya.

To clarify on this briefly: the Conclave part of the forum is for feedback. Practically speaking it wouldn't matter a lot because it's unlikely DE actually looks into that forum a whole lot, but discussion threads / guides technically wouldn't fit there, not being feedback and all.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

If this is targeted for someone just trying it out, then I would suggest:

1. Opening up with a guide on how to equip weapons (since they aren't auto-equipped and this information won't do a player wielding just a skana a ton of good)

2. Ensuring links to previous posts / threads (if you aren't going to keep it all in one thread) so nobody misses previous information

3. Doing a bit more editing and trimming so that info is as straightforward and logically quantized as possible

Bonus points for using / quoting from the Wiki, since it's a good reference guide and a good way to separate explanation from data. I know how Conclave works in principle so I don't need to sift through an explanation of damage types, I just need the list of what's pro-shield, what's pro-armour, and what's balanced. Giving that info to your readers is a blessing to them. (Contrary to popular academic belief, there's nothing wrong with quoting a wiki)

But it definitely needs to start from ground zero. Weapon damage types are like, the fifth floor.

Thanks... I started with weapon type because people who try pvp mainly want to kill and enjoy that competitive or try to give it a shor.. And they get frustrated when things kinda like ... What i just shot you with my dread why aren't you dead...

I say dread cause stalker fanatic are usually the first to play pvp for hunting players.

I will keep that in mind what you said. I am doing my post from my phone and is tiresome you know... 

Edited by Leavith
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leavith said:

I didn't think i would be shot at

No no, didn't mean to seem like I was throwing shade! You're good.

I can understand.. I don't think the feedback rule applies the nearly same to the Conclave feedback section, 'cause people us it as a conclave general all the time.
Mostly because of... well, this exact effect you're experiencing in this thread. lol General discussion being serious about Conclave seems like asking to wrangle cats. That's not your fault, and in no way do I want it to sound like I thought it was. Wasn't trying to tell you to get out. Sorry for the miscommunication.

Good God. This thread got trashed up. It's nothing but damage control everywhere. Sorry for my role in that.

Edited by kapn655321
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

No no, didn't mean to seem like I was throwing shade! You're good.

I can understand.. I don't think the feedback rule applies the nearly same to the Conclave feedback section, 'cause people us it as a conclave general all the time.
Mostly because of... well, this exact effect you're experiencing in this thread. lol, General discussion being serious about Conclave seems like asking to wrangle cats.
That's not your fault, and in no way do I want it to sound like I thought it was. I wasn't trying to tell you to get out. Sorry for the miscommunication.

Is good i understand, i feel bad for this thread anybody that comes here for an honest use first few posts will be about ... Welp, you can tell if you read the post.

@Tyreaus i think that may need an adjustment on the sliding, but if they are using volt with its passive i can see that happening. If they are using Excalibur with is passive is something i can see. I think that maybe some overlook.

but i know some warframe who are already glass Cannon use anti Health shield mods for mobility are lowering there survivability so i can also see that happening but at that being the case is a result of two sides... Not one side force.

Edited by Leavith
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Leavith said:

IMO the main kings is Cold but toxic is close second

elemental- Cold &Toxin

Cold because it will slow down your target down. In PVP were speed is what will keep you alive. How fast you reload, move, roll, dodge, get up, recover, shoot, etc.

Let me explain the other damage type uses

Toxic is good against your enemy if it has a lot of shields. Issue why it looses to Cold because most things that do basic toxic damage they are greatly reduced.

Fire- is good against the flesh, not the shields.

Electric good against shields but proc ain't going to do much unless in a team match.

--------- Cold & Toxic are the only one who has an effect that won't be minimized by the difference between Shield and armor/health 

As for the combined Elemental damage we are dealing with damage type that isn't usually found in a weapon, unlike singular type weapons.

Physical- Puncture & Impact don't worry too much about Slash.

Puncture is unequal as against all warframe as we all have ferrite armor

While impact is unequal against all shields in Warframe as most have shields

Slash, however, gets shot down by both armor and shield as it is resisted by armor and also doesn't excel against the shield. However, it isn't too bad but the bulkier your target you will have a harder time.

56 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

It's a bit more complicated than all that. And no, because Warframe's damage system is arcane knowledge to most people, and there's zero explanation about it, it's generally not well-known how the different damage types work in PvP. But yes, we have: Shields, Flesh, Ferrite.

The TL;DR version on how damage type multipliers compare against each other is in the following graph, in the form of Excalibur's EHP, bottom left  -- higher means damage type is worse:

Spoiler

damage-types.png

Also, these are just the multipliers. You're of course correct in saying that a Cold proc is a very powerful thing in Conclave.

The longer version of that explanation is in this old thread, which was once in the Conclave Players Helping Players subforum with some more very useful threads, before that got removed:

Spoiler

P.S. For anyone who has questions/wants to know more, join the Conclave Discord at discord.me/conclave (direct invite link). The forums aren't the best place for that, to be honest.

Edited by Kontrollo
improved
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Leavith said:

Welp, you can tell if you read the post.

I think it's a knee jerk thing about the title. ..like maybe neurons connecting in players minds that, "If they're saying it's hard and under appreciated, perhaps they're thinking people don't play it because they think it's too hard for them. ...I should mention that difficulty isn't holding me back." Likewise, general always has tangential comments, as we explore the thoughts surrounding the subject matter as much as the finite.

But, I'll leave you guys to it. Thank you for your patience. Best of luck.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

It's a bit more complicated than all that. And no, because Warframe's damage system is arcane knowledge to most people, and there's zero explanation about it, it's generally not well-known how the different damage types work in PvP. But yes, we have: Shields, Flesh, Ferrite.

The TL;DR version on how damage type multipliers compare against each other is in the following graph, in the form of Excalibur's EHP, bottom left (higher means damage type is worse):

Hide contents

damage-types.png

The longer version of that explanation is in this old thread, which was once in the Conclave Player Helping Players subforum with some more very useful threads, before that got removed:

Hide contents

P.S. For anyone who has questions/wants to know more, join the Conclave Discord at discord.me/conclave (direct invite link). The forums aren't the best place for that, to be honest.

You are the master my friend appreciate the extra link and information. My main aim was to keep it no graph or symbols i know the people added dragon to there name had this stuff going on and work like that.

Is been some time since i seen them or go on the discord.

I think you are right about conclave and forum. But forum is DE supported not the discord.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

To clarify on this briefly: the Conclave part of the forum is for feedback. Practically speaking it wouldn't matter a lot because it's unlikely DE actually looks into that forum a whole lot, but discussion threads / guides technically wouldn't fit there, not being feedback and all.

Then to clarify... as this is the general discussion part of the forum, you will get replies from every sort of user and as such replies which go against the view of the OP should be expected. 

5 minutes ago, Leavith said:

I think you are right about conclave and forum. But forum is DE supported not the discord.

The Discord is now officially a Fansite/Fan Discord or what they call that, at least. See: https://www.warframe.com/community/fansites#discordIndex

(Also note, I edited my post. The graphs only say something about multipliers, procs are on top of that, adding to the confusion.)

Edited by Kontrollo
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Leavith said:

@Tyreaus i think that may need an adjustment on the sliding, but if they are using volt with its passive i can see that happening. If they are using Excalibur with is passive is something i can see. I think that maybe some overlook, but i know some warframe who are already glass Cannon use anti Health shield mods for mobility are lowering there survivability so i can also see that happening in 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gTTJXU2sSs

Based on this video, at ~3:18, Iron Skin absorbs around 827 damage. Assuming it's Excal's 10% damage bonus in play, that means the slide attack is doing upwards of 750 damage. Judging by (old) reference charts here, where Frost Prime has the highest EHP at sub-350 (and Frost Prime's Conclave stats haven't changed since then, so far as I know), it's definitely not squishiness or Excalibur passives.

5 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

It's a bit more complicated than all that.

You know, based on the wiki, I was under the impression that they would have designed it so that pro-health damage types would have the same multiplier so that there isn't that kind of wildly mismatched efficacy. Good to know I was wrong. /half-s

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

I can't comprehend why someone would want to play Warframe pvp.

So many good pvp games out there and you choose Warframe.

I like the same theme, is like pokemon is about battling against ai. PVE.

But you can also play it in competition. PvP.

This may be a bad example but is kinda the way i can describe it.

If i were to also add the complexity and variety... So many weapons and so many frames. You also can play up, down, forward, backwards... Bullet jump, double jump so much mobility with warframe and so much you can do with warframe too. If it was given a chance.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

You know, based on the wiki, I was under the impression that they would have designed it so that pro-health damage types would have the same multiplier so that there isn't that kind of wildly mismatched efficacy. Good to know I was wrong. /half-s

No no, you're not wrong. It works exactly like in PvE. But compared to PvE it's on a different scale in order to better balance the damage types against each other. PvE's armour calc is well known to be problematic, after all. So Valkyr Prime having the highest, has 220 Armour.

If you check the graph (top right, IPS effectiveness) you can see that Slash is still above neutral damage for the most part, because its inherent disadvantage against Armour only really kicks in at higher values.

Edited by Kontrollo
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Leavith said:

I am sorry, i think we have misunderstood. My post isn't about why you don't play pvp or people don't play it. Is about why people find it hard and about some information they should keep in mind, how it differs from pve knowledge, and some of my experience.

Nope, read my post i don't complain about a single thing instead i give information and tips as well as the use of how things appear in PVP. NEVER DO I DISMISS PVE... OR ACT NEGATIVE TOWARDS THOSE THAT DO NOT LIKE PVP in my opening post.... Oh and that section of the forum is for feedback... Conclave feedback not discussion if you are talking about the one labeled Conclave ... Is under feedback.

You came here to talk about conclave and diss it. But hey bro i enjoy it yo, however,r don't but came to something tag for the conclave. General Discussion, yeah because i feel this to be welcome to come and talk but hey what have decency.

Look when you assume you make a but our of you and me. Understand and read what i posted. Not just be bias and accuse me.

No.. I understood what you posted, hence my replies...