Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Delete - this isn't feedback, i prefer it deleted then my intentions be walked on.(enrichment if our gameplay- why you may find pvp hard?)

Leavith

2 hours ago, Leavith said:

I am sorry, but my post is clearly labeled in regards to pvp, you are not replying to my post.

My opening post doesn't talk about anything you have addressed. I didn't delete your post i reported them, so who ever passed judgement believes your post were off-topic from my post or toxic.

I have no authority to remove post.

So no, not out of being petty but out of trying to get my post back on track on what the topic is.

My topic is labeled enrichment of our gameplay- and it has the second part... I am sure you can read, so no you weren't even replying to my title.

Or what i jump into in my opening post that gives you more detail about what i am talking about.

Look i am just gonna assume i am wasting my time with you. You are a lost cause that doesn't even understand what you are doing wrong and who you are blaming. 

You were the one who was petty enough to report the posts.... I wonder if it was before or after you saw the larger number of likes I had compared with your post, because my reply was very popular... hmm.

There is a much quicker way to get a post back on track, as you put it (it never was off track but....) instead of reporting it, just ignore the post you don't like, not only does that save time for DE staff, it also doesn't show you as just being immature and petty....

Either way I replied to the title and topic, enrichment of our gameplay, and as I said none of what you posted will enrich MY gameplay experience of conclave.  There are fundamental issues with the game mode that need fixing for my enjoyment of the game to be improved, the weapon I pick or the way it is modded will not solve those issues....  it really isn't a hard thing to understand.

But clearly you're not prepared to even consider a viewpoint other than yours....

18 hours ago, Leavith said:

Pls leave toxicity about us who do somewhere else. My thread and I am tired of saying it is for player who do enjoy it and is tagged for them as well.

Oh, no don't be like that. Don't threat everything that is not direct appraisal of your OP as "toxicity about You". My question was solely based on my experience in last years with conclave mode - every time I try to approach it I'm welcomed with completely empty lobby. every.single.time.

12 hours ago, Kontrollo said:

My point is that you brought up raids as an excuse to distract from the intended topic. I also told you how to proceed if you really want to discuss that. So please stop trying to derail.

My point in bringing up raids highlights the fact that Conclave's continued existence should be in question.

You, instead, opted to assume it's because I was a salty Raider as a means to deflect.

This is incorrect...

It is merely my opinion that a tacked on PvP mode has less right to exist in this game than a tacked on PvE mode does.

It needs to go.

@Leavith apologies to you I had left your thread alone as my point was made and I don't want to be disrespectful to you.

3 hours ago, Elenortirie said:

Oh, no don't be like that. Don't threat everything that is not direct appraisal of your OP as "toxicity about You". My question was solely based on my experience in last years with conclave mode - every time I try to approach it I'm welcomed with a completely empty lobby. every.single.time.

Look, i am just tired. With what reason people have come and post here about anything that unrelated to my actually opening post... Idk.

People dropping by giving feedback about what they think of pvp. My thread was not about discussing that at all.

People dropping by about how much they hate it and wish it was gone. Why are they telling me this? One i enjoy this thing they hate and two even if i didn't i cannot do anything about it for them.

People here just to tell me many different things that have nothing to do with my topic.

Do you know what my topic thread was about? Do you know who it was for? The audience that i choose? What my title meant?

My topic thread is about damage & resistance of warframe. How if you play pvp knowing this  your life is easier and not knowing it will be harder. How is important so you can plan out how to equip yourself ready for a match so when you play you understand that it takes a focus of this damage type of your weapon to do damage to your enemy when they are shields or health and armor.

My audience is pretty much on my tagged. It was for conclave and pc. Conclave to make sure people who have interest come and pc because i am a pc player .to educate and discuss the different damages type and that we do have available for a weapon, with a strategy on there use because I don't know everything and its enjoyable to discuss methods

My title enrichment of our Gameplay- why you may find pvp hard?... Was meant to introduce that if you understand and know how to use the information i am sharing you will have better experience and quality in your gameplay.. But if you don't you may be finding pvp hard because of the difficulty that occurs when your weapon are balanced and at base ,but shields and armor+health are a thing that have resistance making your performance come into the lackluster end because you shot someone in the head with a snipertron vandal and are now confuse why it didn't kill and they killed you.

6 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

@Leavith apologies to you I had left your thread alone as my point was made and I don't want to be disrespectful to you.

Is okay, my thread pretty much 50% me telling people what my thread is about 10% we discussing the topic of my thread 20% people telling me there opinion of pvp and another 20% people defending there opinion of pvp.

Is like someone said earlier pretty much been trashed. I will be moving on to another post at a different date about triggers, recoil, and projectiles and the importance of understanding them in pvp at a later date.

Right now, i don't even want to read the forum.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Leavith said:

With what reason people have come and post here about anything that unrelated to my actually opening post...

Because it's in general discussion and as such it will often branch out from the original topic to similar things.... not to mention some of what you might not think is relevant to the topic is seen as relevant by others....but then you just report different opinions as being toxic so ....

Edited by LSG501

3 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:
15 hours ago, Kontrollo said:

My point is that you brought up raids as an excuse to distract from the intended topic. I also told you how to proceed if you really want to discuss that. So please stop trying to derail.

My point in bringing up raids highlights the fact that Conclave's continued existence should be in question.

You, instead, opted to assume it's because I was a salty Raider as a means to deflect.

This is incorrect...

I really don't care as to why you brought up raids. My point still stands. Is it unclear or do you lack basic reading comprehension? Stop derailing.

@Leavith Right, so did I answer your question about which element I think should be used in which case? I wasn't entirely sure I got the meaning of it right.

Besides, damage types & multipliers is only one way to look at it -- the theoretical viewpoint. When it comes to actual weapons, another important value is rounds-to-kill (RTK), because it's the hits of individual bullets that matter in the end. And the RTK value matters more for higher powered slower firing weapons (e.g. semi, as opposed to auto).

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

Right, so did I answer your question about which element I think should be used in which case? I wasn't entirely sure I got the meaning of it right.

Besides, damage types & multipliers is only one way to look at it -- the theoretical viewpoint. When it comes to actual weapons, another important value is rounds-to-kill (RTK), because it's the hits of individual bullets that matter in the end. And the RTK value matters more for higher powered slower firing weapons (e.g. semi, as opposed to auto).

Aw man, now I wanna make a spreadsheet to calculate RTK for each weapon vs. each warframe when I need to be farming axi relics to finally get my grubby paws on Ivara prime systems 😞

To insert myself into this conversation... I'd counter that considering damage types and multipliers isn't just a theoretical point of view, it's the basics for determining RTK and ultimately the all important time to kill, TTK. You can't determine rounds to kill without knowing how damage types and armor types interact. Once you can calculate RTK you have to incorporate attack speed. Consider a weapon that might take 3 shots to kill vs. a weapon that takes 10, if the former takes twice as long to fire all three of those shots it's potentially worse in a PvP setting where they'll just slip around the corner and grab a health orb if you're too slow. I will admit it's a delicate balance in practice, though. Assuming firing mechanics are the same (recoil, etc.) it's probably going to be easier to hit 3 times than 10 so the latter weapon that fires way faster might not actually be preferable. It gets all wishy-washy at that point, I'd call it personal preference. I'd submit that in the case where you can secure all hits, TTK will always be more important than RTK and it's just a matter of your confidence in securing those hits.

Getting back on topic, since we can't customize our weapon elements with mods in conclave, considering damage types and their multipliers is actually just the basics for calculating RTK. There may be a couple stand out elements but their weapon pool is limited. Instead, flipping perspective, it's just that the weapons with innately good elements deal more effective hit points of damage than it appears on the label. Ultimately it shouldn't matter what the damage types for weapons are given semi-auto primary, auto secondary and w/e melee. Frankly, I'd pick toxin for all three! Shields be damned give me my bonus dmg vs flesh and ferrite armor! I think the theoretical consideration here, though, is that there are certain types that are effective for stripping the enemy's shield and certain types that are going to be stronger finishers against flesh and armor where the shield strippers are relatively weaker. I think the consideration here is relative RTK (coughcoughTTK) against different damage multipliers/armor types. It might take your shield stripper one shot to do it's job, but it might take the shield stripper 2 or 3 to deal the same amount of real HP damage and so you want to switch to a weapon with a lower TTK against flesh/armor that would potentially have had trouble stripping the shield. Then, maybe it would be more accurate to consider "rounds to shield strip" and "rounds to deplete HP" instead of just "rounds to kill" and then assigning weapons to those categories and comparing them against each other in their respective roles. Without knowing how the damage types and multipliers interact one wouldn't be able to accurately calculate any of those values and ultimately wouldn't be able to effectively select their arsenal. I mean, we all know what happens when you aren't properly geared for a sortie 3... why should conclave be any different? (To be fair no one in conclave is going to OHKO you with their shotty like you're a mod-less Nova in the face of sortie 3 Lech Kril.)

• Like 2

On 2020-01-13 at 7:29 PM, LSG501 said:

You're posting in general discussion.....

If you only wanted people who like conclave you used the wrong part of the forum and in all honesty with your number of posts you should know about the conclave section of the forum, so I can only assume that what you really wanted to do was complain about those of us who dislike conclave saying negative things about conclave.

His thread isn't about conclave feedback. I don't see how it belongs in Conclave feedback. This thread has as much right to be here as any other thread. There is no section of the forums where all conclave posts belong. As long as they are related to the general topic of the forum, they belong where they are posted.

1 minute ago, (NSW)Quarky said:

Aw man, now I wanna make a spreadsheet to calculate RTK for each weapon vs. each warframe when I need to be farming axi relics to finally get my grubby paws on Ivara prime systems 😞

You can start with this, if you want. 😉

6 minutes ago, (NSW)Quarky said:

To insert myself into this conversation... I'd counter that considering damage types and multipliers isn't just a theoretical point of view, it's the basics for determining RTK and ultimately the all important time to kill, TTK. You can't determine rounds to kill without knowing how damage types and armor types interact. Once you can calculate RTK you have to incorporate attack speed. ....

You're completely right with this. The reason I said that is that things get out of hand quickly due to combinatorial explosion if we were to go deeper into all that, and the forums aren't really suited for it, anyway (as this thread shows again). The EHP chart is just a first step to it -- but it's something simple to present and easy to get, without getting lost.

Also, there are people on the Discord who have made bots you can just ask and they'll do the important calculations and give you good information, e.g:

Mpn7JDw.png

zBhq1BK.png

(by default, the ttk command is against Excalibur)

And all of this is still if you just want to kill someone with a single weapon, but combining weapons and switching depending on whether health/shields are targeted is a common strategy. Then as you say, different fire rates/RTK of weapons have an impact on the situation, too.

So there's a lot of depth to all this, but it's easy to get lost in the complexity. And because of that I'm also concerned about keeping things simple enough to understand, but not oversimplifying it.

23 minutes ago, (NSW)Quarky said:

Getting back on topic, since we can't customize our weapon elements with mods in conclave...

There are IPS conversion mods, however (up to 20%).

24 minutes ago, (NSW)Quarky said:

There may be a couple stand out elements but their weapon pool is limited. Instead, flipping perspective, it's just that the weapons with innately good elements deal more effective hit points of damage than it appears on the label. Ultimately it shouldn't matter what the damage types for weapons are given semi-auto primary, auto secondary and w/e melee. Frankly, I'd pick toxin for all three! Shields be damned give me my bonus dmg vs flesh and ferrite armor!

That's exactly how it's meant to be. Weapons are supposed to be balanced, so if one damage type is inherently better than another (e.g. Toxin is incredibly potent), then it needs lower base damage. So the labels (damage/fire rate) can definitely be misleading. Not to mention that there are certain perks which aren't visible in the stats. Be it from mods or innate mechanics like wind-up on the Gorgons, for example. On top of all that we have weapon spread and recoil, hipfire and ADS differences, ....

29 minutes ago, (NSW)Quarky said:

I think the theoretical consideration here, though, is that there are certain types that are effective for stripping the enemy's shield and certain types that are going to be stronger finishers against flesh and armor where the shield strippers are relatively weaker. ...

Exactly! (Emphasis mine)

I agree with the rest, too. Already mentioned it briefly above. But it can be a matter of playstyle, too. Both approaches are actually viable: using a single weapon to kill or swapping between two of them, each geared to a different HP type.

34 minutes ago, (NSW)Quarky said:

(To be fair no one in conclave is going to OHKO you with their shotty like you're a mod-less Nova in the face of sortie 3 Lech Kril.)

🤔 You'd be surprised.

4 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

This is incorrect...

It is merely my opinion that a tacked on PvP mode has less right to exist in this game than a tacked on PvE mode does.

It needs to go.

Is Conclave a tacked on mode? DE has put a lot of work into it over the years.

Edited by (XB1)The Repo Man151

27 minutes ago, (NSW)Quarky said:

Your post 

Is so true which is why my next topic will be on triggers recoil and projectiles. there were like 6 different trigger methods, i would argue that whatever theoretical value we do have it will not take into account the amount of clicks.

Sure this can be overcome by changing some control settings, but if we start with a strong background of skills the transition will br an upgrade not a crutch

1 hour ago, Kontrollo said:

@Leavith Right, so did I answer your question about which element I think should be used in which case? I wasn't entirely sure I got the meaning of it right.

Yeah it was just me working on my last topic where I plan to make theoretical warframe jn setting and applying everything from all my plan future post.

11 minutes ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

His thread isn't about conclave feedback. I don't see how it belongs in Conclave feedback. This thread has as much right to be here as any other thread. There is no section of the forums where all conclave posts belong. As long as they are related to the general topic of the forum, they belong where they are posted.

You obviously came in after he'd reported posts (which were then deleted) because they disagreed with his views... 

I try Conclave once in a while. I'm mr27, rank 0 conclave. Welp, somehow, my MR becomes handicap. They put all the lower mr players together to gang up on me (except for 1 vs all match type). We're talking about 3-player-in-the-match-most-of-the-time here since it's, well, conclave. Sure, if there's another player joining in later, they'll try to re-balance it up. But most of the time, that never happens. Or, they're joining in much later in the game when it's too late. 

16 minutes ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

Bro, just ignore him. He doesn't see what he did wrong or how he is messing up. 

My thread had a topic which was pvp damage & resistance.

Every post i reported where about people opinion if pvp should exist or not, does that came around and said they should let pvp burned and to just flat out remove it.

This has nothing to do with pvp damage & resistance. The toxicity this was encouraging as well as off-topic scenario all this post were encouraging were deviating the thread to be a pvp perspective vs a pve perspective, i am not trying to have a confrontation in a thread where the purpose was to discuss pvp damage & resistance. I even tagged it for Conclave, i even wrote out an introduction about what the thread i am posting was for. I even gave people notice that this thread wasn't about those topics and explained to each one of them this.

However that didn't work, as such, i reported it to the forum and let the forum handle it.

My thread wasn't a place for there pvp feedback, the conclave forum thread is for that and that is an outside general discussion, not even this section.

I had the patience to allow it few times but when people attack the audience of my thread, what my audience came to enjoy, and we can't even discuss what this thread is for, is why the report function exists to make things right. 

If he doesn't understand that, then i am not wasting my time and if he continues to be off-topic because his ego is hurt and he can't admit that DE people who review his post found it off-topic and the other post deleted toxically. I don't know what his problem with me is.

13 minutes ago, RougeMagma said:

I try Conclave once in a while. I'm mr27, rank 0 conclave. Welp, somehow, my MR becomes handicap. They put all the lower Mr players together to gang up on me (except for 1 vs all match type). We're talking about 3-player-in-the-match-most-of-the-time here since it's, well, conclave. Sure, if there's another player joining in later, they'll try to re-balance it up. But most of the time, that never happens. Or, they're joining in much later in the game when it's too late. 

I am sorry my friend for your experiences, i think there is dedicated pvp discord conclave you can stay in touch with, they can tell you what matches are going on and popular 

In addition, you may easily receive better quality games if that's what you are looking for and they have greater access to more material for fun and in-depth.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

You can start with this, if you want. 😉

Oh my god you're a hero. *hugs* Thank you for linking me to that resource. The data gathering was the part I was really dreading! Now I get to mess around with calculations, yay! I'll have to scope out the NSW conclave community again now that I'm feeling re-inspired.

32 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

There are IPS conversion mods, however (up to 20%).

I completely forgot about those because I'm so used to disregarding IPS but it's certainly the bread and butter of conclave.

33 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

🤔 You'd be surprised.

LMAO exemplifying why I love PvP. Surprise me, how are they doing it? I'm uh... asking for a friend of course 😉

At a glance I'd say they'd have to use an MK1-Strun but Zarr barrage looks like a strong contender, too. Ash/Zarr/Pox/Nikana seems fun... I do love teleporting oh so much.

I don't want you to think I'm ignoring the rest of your post but I think we're in agreement about things and stuff and are both working to just foster conversation at this point.

----

33 minutes ago, Leavith said:

my next topic will be on triggers recoil and projectiles

I'm looking forward to it! Damage calculations seem relatively straightforward to me but I feel like this will be more of a "here are your options and why you might like one over the other" thread as opposed to a "here's how to know what you're working with" thread. I feel the former will lend itself much better to discussion than an informative post about how damage works as triggers/recoil and hit-scan/projectile preferences are bit more subjective in my opinion. I mean, to cover my bases, of course a weapon that has less recoil or that has a projectile that travels faster is better given all else being equal but all else isn't necessarily equal, is it? That's where the magic happens! Thanks, OP.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, (NSW)Quarky said:

Your post

Thank you and that is kinda what i was aiming for, i cannot speak for anyone but myself however i can say things i experienced and found valuable to not overlook or to make sure you don't ignore... To some is like Duhhh but i figured that things should be put into words and we shouldn't assume everyone knows all there is to know.

I didn't consider this much cause i myself even in pve run variety of set... Because sentients were a thing before the children could un adapt them.

So i ran around with snipetron vandal tysis and prime bo with shattering impact because i figure variety is what will let me kill this monsters. It wasnt until i began to change my kit around that i would find myself going back to my old kits in pvp because i wasn't getting the same results so after being hit in the head with my reality... I was like Angel you idiot you aren't taking into account the enemy resistance so then i just adjusted the order of my attacks and boom my gameplay improved.

I had vulkar wrath and i was using it as snipetron... Different results for initial shots.

• Like 1

On 2020-01-13 at 7:44 PM, kapn655321 said:

My apologies for being off subject. In generally discussion, it's usually about riffing off of whatever topic.. sometimes tangentially.
There is a conclave part of the forum, which is vastly less likely to derail on ya. 😃

There is a section of the forum for Conclave feedback. It isn't the place for all Conclave related discussion. Conclave is a part of the game so yes, it should be able to be posted here without it being derailed.

Forum staff has moved my post to this thread as a post. I don't have control over this decision but i am asking for an explanation. To provide you all with one of now i will manage and do some editing to organize this better. I will also ask for trash to be removed by the staff to make this a better environment that can promote proper discussion of the topics

The POST HAS NOW BEEN EDITED INTO THE MAIN POST BUT AS TO NOT SEEK TROUBLE I WILL ADD FUTURE POST HERE IF HEY ARE REQUIRED WHEN I RECEIVED A RESPONSE

To the person below me, @LSG501 

Bro, i don't care if what happens if i deserved. If i somehow did something wrong and they are doing it to fix it. I am okay with that, you keep talking about being petty, but you are acting like someone kicked your puppy.

I posted my post not to complain but to inform people that the reason for the huge post was because it was moved from is own thread by the forum staff. I don't have control over it but is a wall of text so i should at least inform what they are reading came from.

Chill men, if forum staff behaved like this and they got a reason is fine. This just goes to show that forum staff also believed the stuff you posted and the others were off-topic and toxic. Now take a step back and quit complaining about your removed post here, i didn't take it off i asked for order in my thread and i got it. You weren't following the order established not by me but forum staff so your post was removed because of that. Now quit the whining about it.

It is more likely my post got removed for the situation, that was happening in the replies how that was in no way a discussion but a mess of people thrashing the thread with no purpose. Because guess what if my post was wrong they would have deleted it all and left nothing. But instead, my info was moved and the thread removed to not deal with that fermentation of unneeded negativity from people who had nothing better to do, and cant even has decency or respect for others or the order of the forum. YOU HAVE NO IDEA, in addition if FORUM STAFF CONSIDER YOUR POST TOXIC AND OFF_TOPIC THEY WERE TOXIC AND OFF_TOPIC.quit complaining about it in each one your post here or make that your name on the forum because at this point is just you spamming.

Edited by Leavith

I think with PvP there come some problems...

• New type of balance is needed for PvP
  • With PVP comes toxicity as people might get way too competitive against others throwing in an insult or two
  • Weaponry
  • Complete new Systems including unique damage revamp

@Leavith Now that you've expanded the topic to things other than just damage types, might want to talk a bit about weapons that are actually in the game?

I've went and asked some others for their favourites, but didn't get many responses.

One thing stood out, however: the starter guns -- Bratons, Lato -- are still a great choice overall, and not just for people new to the game.

• Like 3

On 2020-01-15 at 7:15 PM, (NSW)Quarky said:

LMAO exemplifying why I love PvP. Surprise me, how are they doing it? I'm uh... asking for a friend of course 😉

At a glance I'd say they'd have to use an MK1-Strun but Zarr barrage looks like a strong contender, too. Ash/Zarr/Pox/Nikana seems fun... I do love teleporting oh so much.

I don't want you to think I'm ignoring the rest of your post but I think we're in agreement about things and stuff and are both working to just foster conversation at this point.

I've never been that big into shotguns myself, but some of them pack quite the punch at close range -- sometimes death can come swiftly. A few things to consider:

• If you're already using a light frame and are putting one of the minus HP mods on it, you will have to be especially careful around shotguns.

• Headshot multiplier gives them another +20% damage, and there are some abilities that increase damage, too.

• Tigris series have technically two shots, but they can be fired pretty much instantly.

• Combining a shotgun shot with a melee strike or bullet jump at very close range can deal a ton of damage and be pretty much instant, as well.
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

I've never been that big into shotguns myself, but some of them pack quite the punch at close range -- sometimes death can come swiftly. A few things to consider:

• If you're already using a light frame and are putting one of the minus HP mods on it, you will have to be especially careful around shotguns.

• Headshot multiplier gives them another +20% damage, and there are some abilities that increase damage, too.

• Tigris series have technically two shots, but they can be fired pretty much instantly.

• Combining a shotgun shot with a melee strike or bullet jump at very close range can deal a ton of damage and be pretty much instant, as well.

Yeah, this thread has made me start thinking about conclave again and I'm not so sure shotguns are the answer in warframe. It's ingrained in me from my last game that point blanks are best blanks, though. I'm thinking about bows now. It's been a while since I've broken out my Daikyu! I dislike having to reload cuz I #*!%ing missed the fatal shot and that's just not a problem with bows! (Missing still is a problem, though. But that's a personal problem) Now I really want to finish farming Ivara Prime for... reasons.. I looked up those comparative stats and her huge assets aren't the only great thing about her 👌. I'm still kinda lost on what good secondaries would be, though. I haven't kept many of my weapons that would excel in conclave so I guess I need to start stocking up on options to play around with, at least some of the really solid stuff are just the starter weapons you purchase with creds. Well, that is, in the event I can wrangle someone on switch to play with me =P. In any case, I'll be grabbing a lex and a lato and potentially viper even though I'm so-so on full auto. Any other suggestions for me?

Yar, that shotgun/melee combo was really useful in PvE when I didn't have any damn mods and still thought skill could trump gear. (How wrong I was.) To this day I still bullet jump the crap out of the AI because it's just a powerful knockdown, dat blasts proc. I need more practice in conclave, though. I wasn't able to use the quick melee cancelst against humans quite as successfully. Slightly tangentially, does bullet jump impart the "impaired" status in conclave?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Honestly I'm indifferent to conclave, but the arguments that come with it and the back and forth every single time is why I don't bother with it.

That's a damn shame. Conclave really should be the endgame in this technique-heavy shooter. What do you do when you've collected everything? Test your mettle against the best of the best.

Spoiler

A warrior only grows if they face the ultimate enemy. Themselves.

Teshin

Edited by (NSW)Quarky
  • Like 2