Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

which railjack weapons is the best for you?

Toppien

i have a vidar carcinnox with 28.8% extra damage and it works pretty well for veil proxima, is fast good heat, and looks good (except the red, i hate red) but lately i got a lavan carcinnox with 58% extra attack speed, and i feel it performs better than vidar (it also looks better, cuz i like the color XD)

cryophons IMO are the worst weapons even when their damage is good, they are slow to shoot, they overheat too much (even more the zetki versions) and doesnt work for sustained fire idk why people thought they were good even before the meta to be honest)

photor since it got buffed feels really good for sniping stuff, it is also hit-scan so i dont have to lead any shots, vidar seems the best option for those

and i have yet to get some apoc cannons, but ive seen people using them on their raijacks and seem pretty powerfull, but their travel time seems slow

oh right i forgot to mention the ordinance ones, i like tycho seeker the most, is the old reliable for everything, it follows fools, good damage, and can dumb fire too, the other two options feel pretty useless to me, but maybe someone has a combo for those

what raijack weapons feel right to you people?

Edited by Toppien

From very beginning, Carcinnox is best for me. I used Zetki Mk.II version in the Veil until I finally farmed Trachons to get Mk.III version.
Fast projectiles, maximum dakka, with now buffed heat feels even better than Vidar.
Least favourite is the Pulsar, but I hate burst weapons in general (except Sicarus Prime) so I'm biased. Cryophons are nice, but they overheat waaay too fast.

Still the zekti cryos for me ever since I discovered the cryo+munitions combo, none of the weapons can feed the vortex as fast as the cyros can and wipe out tons of fighters and I've tried the other weapons since the buff. The hitscan ones still suck for me. The carnox and apoc  are nice, but I'm hooked on the cryo+munitions combo, super fast clears compared to anything else.

regarding ordinances I'm loving the laser over the seeker missle

Depends on the usage and my crew request

- Want just some pew-pew and shredding enemies with extra damage on status? I'll use apoc

- Want some fast firing weapon? Carcinnox

- Can't aim? Pulsar and if you don't like burst weapon? Photor

No absolute best actually, for example pulsar can instantly kill fighters when you wreck their system and they crash to something while apoc can wreck enemies with stacking damage bonus and so on

I don’t know yet.  I’ll be a crewman until I max intrinsics and have enough resources to build what is recommended out of the top options.

MR tests after 25 are an absolute chore on top of other chores and DE needs to focus on making the combat variants just as awesome as the core combat so that the ever-increasing grind becomes as organic as it was in the earlier years.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

19 minutes ago, 844448 said:

- Can't aim? Pulsar and if you don't like burst weapon? Photor

Do you mean can't lead? The only weapon where that's a real issue is with the Apoc and it has rather slow projectile.

Photor do require you to be able to aim and stay on target as the beam's hitbox seems to be the size of a pixel.

Edited by LazyKnight

1 minute ago, LazyKnight said:

Do you mean can't lead? The only weapon where that's a real issue is with the Apoc and it has rather slow projectile.

Photor do require you to be able to aim and stay on target as the beam's hit boxes seems to be the size of a pixel.

Can't lead, yes, which is a part of aiming since it has become a part of me after using battacor as my main

13 minutes ago, 844448 said:

- Can't aim? Pulsar

this was quite opposite for me when i started using them yesterday. I was used to Carcinnox and my brain was like "wait, somethin's not ight. Where's the lead indicator" and after few seconds i knew they do not have travel time

18 minutes ago, Baterial said:

this was quite opposite for me when i started using them yesterday. I was used to Carcinnox and my brain was like "wait, somethin's not ight. Where's the lead indicator" and after few seconds i knew they do not have travel time

they do not? huh...

Vidar Apoc and Carcinnox. They chew the enemy up good.

I’m not a fan of the photor or pulsar; hitscan and I don’t mix in pseudo-flightsim-land, it seems. Can’t hit a damn thing.

Cryophons are things of yesterday. They were never appropriate for the side cannons, but...well, put it this way: I scrapped my high-end Cryophon so I could repair an Apoc. 

Zekti Apoc and Zekti Photor for me. I have no problem with aiming on the former and it rips enemies to shreds quickly since I have Zekti Hyperstrike/Predator/Section Density, especially after Zekti guns got buffed with less heat accretion. Photor does the same, albeit to a lesser extent in exchange for much greater range. 

i still use my Vidar cryophon (57% damage boost) and it works fine for killing veil enemies, especially with both crit avionics equipped. Aside from that my Zekti pulsar and Vidar carsinox do well enough

still trying to climb the asterite/titanium wall to build the other weapons though. ill get back to you on those 3 months from now

Void Hole. 

Does that count? 

No? 

Then Vidar carcinnox, 

The apoc is too slow (both the projectile as well as the fire rate)  if they just increase it slightly it would probably tie with carcinnox. 

Zetki Photor and pulsar are nice, good for sides in my opinions cause you don't have to lead targets. 

Cryophons just suck now. 

Interesting how basically every weapon was mentioned on this thread.

I guess that goes to say that this time DE apparently managed to balance them out fairly well, to the point it becomes mostly personal preference.

Personally, I'm using Carcinnox both on the front and on the gunners. I just like their pew pew and how they can be efficient at both strip crew ship armor, and destroy healing bubbles.

Carcinnox for Pilot, and Photor for sides.

that's my plan anyway. I like having the fire rate of the Carcinnox to increase the odds of landing hits whilst moving (same principle of machine guns/autocannons on fighters and Anti-Aircraft machine guns in real life), and they really do shred. I have a +50% Fire rate Zetki Mk3 Carcinnox and they work pretty well. I still need better side guns though, and since Cryophon nerf is inbound for consoles, those are no longer an option. a few people have mentioned Photor is really good now, and I have a Rush Drone, so I may just wait until I get some Decent Photors to drop and rush those.

I'm having a bit of a hard time deciding so I'm kind of switching between a couple of things.

Near max roll vidarpulsar - hit scan best range highest crit pulsar weapon a bit slow fire rate, near impossible to overheat with Max polar coil

Zekti version fires fast but can overheat and lower crit

2 near max roll vidar carcs - not hit scan the dmg is lower than pulsar but it fires faster still good range

I also have to Max roll by vidar cryophons I can't bring myself to even try those since nerf

Leaning towards the pulsars for now

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary

Il y a 8 heures, (PS4)Silverback73 a dit :

I don’t know yet.  I’ll be a crewman until I max intrinsics and have enough resources to build what is recommended out of the top options.

MR tests after 25 are an absolute chore on top of other chores and DE needs to focus on making the combat variants just as awesome as the core combat so that the ever-increasing grind becomes as organic as it was in the earlier years.

If you're gonna wait until max intrinsics, you're never gonna drive a Jack I'm afraid :/.

But mostly, what does any of that has to do with MR ? And that's nowhere near as hard as you're saying. It takes 5 minutes at most to try once as training, win on first try and destroy the real test right after.

After the cryophon nerf i swapped my vidar cryophon for a zetki apoc which does feel like its doing more damage than the cryophon is. Heat is at a manageable level now and the apoc does dish out a lot of damage with its high crit and high base damage. Its falloff is still on the low end making it really good as the pilot gun. For the side turrets i use Zetki carcinoxes as they are way more accurate than the vidar ones. Tho i do have a a lavan carcinnox as well that people playing gunner usually like as well.

1 hour ago, Fallen77 said:

If you're gonna wait until max intrinsics, you're never gonna drive a Jack I'm afraid :/.

But mostly, what does any of that has to do with MR ? And that's nowhere near as hard as you're saying. It takes 5 minutes at most to try once as training, win on first try and destroy the real test right after.

That’s fair.  Probably a bit of hyperbole with my “max intrinsics” comment.

Chores aren’t necessarily hard.  But they ARE chores.  And if you can “do it once” in a practice run and ace it every time, you are a far more skilled player than I am, have better gear, or a better PC set-up than I do on console (or all of the above).

Some of us have only so much time in the day.

People complaining about content droughts crack me up.

Otherwise, it’s you stretching the truth on that one 😏.

il y a 8 minutes, (PS4)Silverback73 a dit :

That’s fair.  Probably a bit of hyperbole with my “max intrinsics” comment.

Chores aren’t necessarily hard.  But they ARE chores.  And if you can “do it once” in a practice run and ace it every time, you are a far more skilled player than I am, have better gear, or a better PC set-up than I do on console (or all of the above).

Some of us have only so much time in the day.

People complaining about content droughts crack me up.

Otherwise, it’s you stretching the truth on that one 😏.

Oh I'm totally making an hyperbole too don't worry, good to see someone able to read between the lines.

But yes, on console, I understand it might be harder to move from one mobile CP to the other, as opposed to PC where scanning the all map with a flick of the mouse is pretty much instantaneous.

But I still find it hard to qualify it as a chore, it's a 30 minute (including several training rounds at simaris) challenge once every month roughly (if you're not spending your life farming MR on hydron that is). Oh well, not dramatic.

But the biggest question I have is still : why are you bringing this up in a thread talking about RJ weapons ? XD

(Yeah, don't get me started on content drough idiots, I have been spending way too much time on this game for years, still have soooo many things to do...)