Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow breeding is a thing?

OrSpeeder

Question

I am a new player, and just did the kubrow quest, and got a kubrow with a lotus drawing on his face, and he is orange and white, for some reason he made me think of Garfield so I gave him that name.

I saw there is a tab about "imprints"...

How many imprints I can make of a single kubrow? Do people buy them? Are they useful to make more kubrows?

How I get a "blank" imprint?

5 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, OrSpeeder said:

I am a new player, and just did the kubrow quest, and got a kubrow with a lotus drawing on his face, and he is orange and white, for some reason he made me think of Garfield so I gave him that name.

I saw there is a tab about "imprints"...

How many imprints I can make of a single kubrow? Do people buy them? Are they useful to make more kubrows?

How I get a "blank" imprint?

lotus pattern on first one gz(last i checked minimum for a lotus pattern is 70plat can change depending on body type(skiny<atlethic<bulky) and if it has any rare colors(i remember gold is the most rare and i think red and blue)but always remember it also depends on the buyer)

u can make 3 imprints(before just 2) and people usually buy 2(aka a set as u need 2 of the same to make a copy of it)

imprints work like this a pet made with imprints will be a combination of the 2 imprints used so 2 of the same pet = a copy(size can vary body type/race/colors will not) but if u use 2 different imprints u will get a mix of the 2 pets

u make a imprint with a genetic code template(u can get the blueprint from the market for 50.000credits)

Yes, kubrow breeding is a thing and there's a community around breeding kubrows and kavats.

To get an imprint you need to buy genetic code template blueprint on the market which can be bought with credits. Each kubrows have 2 imprints that can be copied into blank templates. These templates could then be used to breed more kubrows if you want a specific traits on the kubrow to be inherited on the new one which needs 2 imprints to make.

you can check which traits could be passed on or for more info on imprinting on this wiki page:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Genetic_Code_Template

In short, you can make 2 imprints of a Kubrow for which you'll need

- 2 blank imprints, which will cost you 50K creds to aquire the blueprint from the market to be able to able to make them and an additonal 10K + resources for each time you actual make a new template + the time for making them (1½ hours per piece)

- on top of it, you'll need an additonal 25K for each Kubrow you don't want to keep = consign to the Lotus

- you need stasis slots for those that you do want to keep (do be bought with plat) + minimum 1 extra for when you want to breed more

Good news is that keeping imprints don't need slot which means you can have as many imprints as you can handle.

Kubrow/Kavat breeding is still a thing and even more so these days seeing that it doesn't take 3 days to breed one and taking one out of stasis is a matter of seconds instead of hours. and you can make some nice plat with it but it takes a whole lot of time and creds.

In general breeders make a new Kubrow, grab the imprints, dump the Kubrow

A set of two is better and easier to trade then individual ones. Bulky are worth more. Lotus ones are worth more. Rare colours are worth more. So a bulky golden Lotus can sell for a handsome amount. A skinny non-Lotus that has nothing going for it can still be sold for 50p (for two imprints) on console to some one who's only looking for MR fodder.