Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help me step up my Inaros game

TearsOfTomorrow

Question

So, I'm almost at MR 14, I own most or all of the "end game" mods (corrupted, umbral/sacrificial, primed etc), my arsenal of weapons is rapidly expanding, and I'm 5 maps short of unlocking arbitrations: I think it's about time I started putting some more effort into stepping up my game from a tactical standpoint as well, and I'm gonna need help with that.

So, Inaros: I'm gravitating towards him specifically because, in all my years playing D&D and RPGs of all kinds, I've always had a preference for playing either tanks or healers, and while healer is my preferred role when playing in a party, the problem with Warframe is that, due to my slow connection, playing with others results in horrible lag, so I mostly play solo. And when playing solo a big sturdy tank is more often than not going to give better results, especially if he can self-heal. Thus, Inaros: stacking HPs like there's no tomorrow and abusing all manners of synergies to make myself nigh unkillable sounds like the kind of thing I really want to do, but I want to make sure I'm doing it RIGHT. I will therefore be extremely thankful to any long-time Inaros main who'll be kind enough to read this topic and answer as many of my questions as possible: for all the instances of "this really depends on what kind of content you're doing with him", always assume I'm talking about doing stuff that will result in encountering enemies of high or very high level (sortie bosses, arbitrations, going the distance in endless missions, etc).

MODDING

1) Tanky as he is, I really like using Inaros in melee, so I want to build around as many synergies for that as possible: how many Gladiator mods are too many?

2) How important is the augment for his 4? Should I always go out of my way to make room for it in my build, or are there things that outprioritize it?

3) I tend to stick to Steel Charge as an aura because of the extra modding space it provides (4 extra points means not having to forma the slot for Hunter Adrenaline, just to make an example): how much am I gonna miss Corrosive Projection? Do keep in mind that, in most cases, if I'm playing Inaros then it means that I'm playing solo, so I'm unlikely to be stacking the effect of CP.

ARCANES

4) Grace and Guardian? Is there any other option worth considering? Asking mainly because, due to the sheer amount of lag I get on PoE, I'm most likely going to fork out the plat for arcanes, so yeah, I wanna make sure to invest in the right thing.

ABILITIES

5) I mainly use his 1 as a form of CC + self heal in tandem with his passive, modding for range and duration in order to get as many enemies as possible and blind them for as long as possible (strength gets dumped because damage is something I do with weapons, not abilities). I also use his 4 as a "cast and forget" kind of deal: max out the armor, heal back the HP I paid, and then just forget about that button altogether unless I run into a nullifier or fall off the map. I don't remember ever casting his 2 nor his 3. Is this an acceptable way of using his skills, or are there some tactical considerations I'm missing out on?

WEAPONRY

6) My go-to loadout consists of Ignis Wraith (I got a good riven for it, so of course it's my default go-to primary in general), a "spray and pray" kind of secondary specifically to melt the nullifier's bubble, and a melee that can heal me (meaning either the Lesion for its speed, range, and build that can easily fit Healing Return, or the Rakta Dark Dagger for the guaranteed heals off my 1 courtesy of Covert Lethality). Is this a good approach, or are there more synergies I'm not seeing?

This SHOULD be all. If I remember other questions I meant to ask, I'll either add them to this OP or ask them later in a separate post. Thank you in advance for your attention and help.

Edited by TearsOfTomorrow

11 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, TearsOfTomorrow said:

4) Grace and Guardian? 

both or two grace(they stack)
there you go, all you need about inaros

16 minutes ago, TearsOfTomorrow said:

WEAPONRY

6) My go-to loadout consists of Ignis Wraith (I got a good riven for it, so of course it's my default go-to primary in general), a "spray and pray" kind of secondary specifically to melt the nullifier's bubble, and a melee that can heal me (meaning either the Lesion for its speed, range, and build that can easily fit Healing Return, or the Rakta Dark Dagger for the guaranteed heals off my 1 courtesy of Covert Lethality). Is this a good approach, or are there more synergies I'm not seeing?

This SHOULD be all. If I remember other questions I meant to ask, I'll either add them to this OP or ask them later in a separate post. Thank you in advance for your attention and help.

there are a lot of heal weapons, but all you need is a strong melee, and I mean strong(broken war, nikana prime, zaws, reaper prime)
covert lethality is useless now, de made sure of that
nullies don't concern you, almost nothing concerns you until level 300+ with the arcanes you mentioned
without them he dies ^^ 

Edited by vegetosayajin

There are better options for tanking but anyways,

1. 2/3 gladiator mods on frame is enough as gladiator finesse provides minimal benefit for the mod slot in most scenarios 

2. Personally I would shell out the space for it status immunity is always a good thing

3. steel charge is all fine and good for most things but if you have the mod space to spare by all means equip another aura 

4. Arcane guardian is a good choice for any frame, cant go wrong with +600 armor, if you're using melee you may also consider arcane strike, Grace is a popular choice but is a bit pricey and active healing is still faster 

5. sounds about normal but modding for abilities takes up slots which you could be using for other things 

6. another option for melee healing is a nikana with the daikyu mod

(it's 4:20 AM, and my brain no work)

Edited by Srovy
  • Like 1

First of all: There is nothing tactical about Inaros gameplay loop. He is health. He throws sand and stabs people to get lots of health back should he need it. If you use the augment you keep 4 pressed for a few seconds at the start of the mission. You do not need to remember his 2nd and 3rd ability.

To your questions:

1. Four. You can put three on the Deconstructor of the Helios Sentinel and the bonus maxes out with six mods, so if you run that you only need three on Inaros.

2. The augment gives you status immunity. If you can use a single mod slot to gain full status immunity, do it.

3. Corrosive Projection is completely overrated for solo play. You won't miss it at all.

4. Arcane Guardian is an universally good choice but not strictly necessary. The price of Arcane Grace is mostly tied to how rare it is, you can get more healing from something like Arcane Victory (HP regen on headshot kill) or one of the many ways Inaros can regain health anyway.

5. There is no need to mod for his abilities in my opinion since they are used exactly as you describe them. You can use his 2nd ability as an emergency exit since you are immune while devouring an enemy (and gaining health obviously) but that's about it. Using the mod slots to make Inaros better at what he does (not dying) is usually more effective.

6. Any melee can heal you with either Healing Return or Life Strike equipped. Going for a specific melee because it heals you when you already have so many other way to heal yourself seems pretty redundant anyway. Pick melees (or rather stances) that match your playstyle and are strong currently (e.g. Kronen Prime, Nami Skyla Prime, Venka Prime, Silva & Aegis Prime).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TearsOfTomorrow said:

ABILITIES

5) I mainly use his 1 as a form of CC + self heal in tandem with his passive, modding for range and duration in order to get as many enemies as possible and blind them for as long as possible (strength gets dumped because damage is something I do with weapons, not abilities). I also use his 4 as a "cast and forget" kind of deal: max out the armor, heal back the HP I paid, and then just forget about that button altogether unless I run into a nullifier or fall off the map. I don't remember ever casting his 2 nor his 3. Is this an acceptable way of using his skills, or are there some tactical considerations I'm missing out on?

WEAPONRY

5) HIs sandstorm is worthless.  Ignore it.  His 2... it is occasionally useful.   I don't use it often, but it comes up occasionally.  For example, it can be useful to "stealth pull" a patrol away from other guards if you have decent Range (which I recommend anyway, for 1 and 4) when trying for a  quiet infiltration or similar.   Sometimes when fighting bosses, the invulnerability+healing is more reliable than 1 and 4.. gives you time to get back to full if you're near-dead.   You don't need to finish them... just leave them standing and come back for another drink later if needed.

5b) for protecting areas solo  (choke points, areas near defense targets, defense targets themselves, and MAYBE teammates in a pinch) the 4 with decent Range and Strength works nicely.   Blast the target with the scarabs, stand in the wake and replenish your armor from the healing they give you, now you can ignore them and deal with enemies in a different region.   As new enemies try to walk past them they'll get infected too.  In multiplayer expect your teammates to blow them away immediately, so not worth much.

6)  Ignis Wraith melts nullifier bubbles quite nicely, so if you go that way you can get a hard hitting distance secondary.   Alternatively, change your primary to something that can smash things out of reach.    Ignis may benefit from fire rate for the bubbles and status applications.

6b) Inaros does not need a healing weapon.  His 1 and 4 work just fine when you start getting low.  Feel free to get a hard hitting zaw or something.   Pretty much any decent weapon is going to down your foe on a finisher don't feel hamstrung by the covert lethality thing.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Aazhyd said:

Magus Repair is a good and affordable alternative to Arcane Grace. I use it and don't die in Arbitrations. 

+1 to this.  Being able to jump into operator void mode for a couple seconds and recover 5000 hp whenever you need is amazing.  With 100% scarab armor, you can facetank literally anything almost infinitely.  While this isn't the fastest way to deal with some content, it gives you the security to pay attention to what is going on around you and learn difficult game modes or battles without frustration.  I was having trouble learning the exploiter fight, but Inaros with one Magus Repair made it so I didn't have to worry about that stupid belly cannon and could figure out where those tiny vents I was supposed to be aiming for actually were.  Now I can manage the fight with any number of frames.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SirKnum said:

You do not need to remember his 2nd and 3rd ability.

Wait, don't forget ones of his best CC ability !?
My example usage:

1. Using Sandstrom on an Enemy trapped in a quicksand will continually regenerate Inaros HP. (If you don't have Magus Repair on this build)
  2. Using Quicksand on Bursa/Nox to stop its movement and line up your attacks.
  3. Quicksands does low DOT, It can also be used to capture wild kavats for scans.
  4. Elemental Sandstrom (Radiation) build is pretty good at defending an objective against infested enemy since rad proc negates Ancient Healer's buff. You can even go AFK in an excavation mission.

However using Sandstrom may cause high ping and disconnections in some hosts.

If you want health, not just SOME healthe but ALL OF THE HEALTH go with umbral mods. I also put Adaptation on 'cause why not.

For healing; most of Inaros' abilities have some form of health regen anyway, but if you want MOAR HEALING, going with the Daikyu + its amalgam mod and equip a nikana [recommend Nikana prime] any hit from the nikana will heal you (I think it's 3%), and since it's percentile based heal you will regain full health with 1 hit probably, even if your Inaros has 7k+ health.

Nikanas have a really good stance with the backhanded one (frogot the name, can't be bothered to check right now). Its neutral combo (attacking while standing still) has some pretty fast strikes as does the block neutral combo (that one also lifts and is a bit faster), it also has a pretty nice distance closer with the block forward combo that flows beautifully into the block combo so you can close distace and cut them to pieces pretty fast.

If you dont want to go that route, you can always take something like a Gram prime, Reaper prime etc. Something that's considered generally good (maybe something with range that can sweep up enemies nicely).

I dunno how viable it is for 1h+ runs, never have the patience to do the same thing over and over for so long.

Report back what you came up with.

Edited by TamePingu