(PS4)FireNinjaCole

Cheap but useful prime warframes.

Question

The title says it all, I want to know what cheap (in platinum) but useful prime warframes I can get. I am soon going to be in possession of 540 platinum, so I wanted to know what prime warframes I can buy with it.

15 answers to this question

I suggest using this site in order to find out PC prices for stuff, including Warframes. Keep in mind then that while close enough PS4 prices tend to be a bit lower, so you might wanna juggle with that before buying.

Now, as for cheaper frames I'd consider buying and are useful enough (mainly vaulted ones):

• Nova Prime
  • Mirage Prime
  • Valkyr Prime
  • Limbo Prime
  • Chroma Prime
  • Oberon Prime
  • Mesa Prime

However, some frames that are definetly useful (and a bit pricier in the 200p+) but still fit perfectly into a 500p budget:

• Ember Prime
  • Saryn Prime
  • Rhino Prime
  • Volt Prime
  • Frost Prime
  • Loki Prime
  • Ivara Prime (prices might still be changing since she's still new-ish)

Needless to say, obviously, that all frames are useful in some way. Some are more meta and general than others, but there's no bad frames. Underperforming at best. And if you have doubts regarding a given frame's play style I suggest getting the regular version first in order to get a sense of it. Cheers, Tenno!

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

Anything that's been around and going to stay for a while should be the cheapest, Chroma, Mesa, Equinox, Wukong are all around useful, just pick whichever looks the coolest for you... also, most importantly Limbo gonna be vaulted next so get him before the price rises.

• Like 1

Can't say for sure, as the PSN market is a lot different from what I hear.

If you're still in the game 2 years from now, consider if that plat wouldn't be better spend on some cosmetic.. or to have around for boosters, should you be in a Bad place for a grind, or a limited time event arises you need to capitalize on. Catalysts/Reactors, Frame and Weapon slots, maybe one really nice Syandana if you don't have one already.. Colors, too. They ain't cheap, and you can't farm them. (Though I wish we could.)

48 minutes ago, (NSW)Mbek said:

just pick whichever looks the coolest for you

I always support that decision.

@hikuro-93 thx for the advice, I am prob going to look at loki and ember, I might want to know the prices tho, if you have any idea. Because I am planning to get 1 primary weapon maybe.

Kapn, thx for the advice but I would rather buy more play again then wait 2 years for making my warframe look better, but thx for reminding me cus I will try to see how much costs a couple of cool looks on my warframes.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)FireNinjaCole said:

@hikuro-93 thx for the advice, I am prob going to look at loki and ember, I might want to know the prices tho, if you have any idea. Because I am planning to get 1 primary weapon maybe.

It's been a long time since I was in the market for primed gear, but from what I've seen in the last few weeks these are the prices I would recommend gunning for:

• Ember - Around 200p. Try starting at 150p and up, and you might get lucky.
  • Loki - Haven't really seen any demand for him on PS4. But according to https://warframe.market/items/loki_prime_set it starts at 260p. Maybe try 200 and up, or just pm one of the sellers on WF Market.

Best luck anyhow!

I bought all the pieces for Zephyr prime for next to nothing.  I think 45 plat.  Now...i know some people hate Zephyr.  And thats ok.  But I am not one of those people and find her useful and entertaining.  

Her Prime variant also is visually appealing. 

I mean.  Her 2 is meh.  But her 1, 3 and 4 are great.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hexsing said:

I bought all the pieces for Zephyr prime for next to nothing.  I think 45 plat.  Now...i know some people hate Zephyr.  And thats ok.  But I am not one of those people and find her useful and entertaining.  

Her Prime variant also is visually appealing. 

I mean.  Her 2 is meh.  But her 1, 3 and 4 are great.

Eh, her 4 is one of the more annoying crowd control due to its AI not knowing what it’s supposed to be doing half the time, but yeah her 3 is one of the best sources of 100% DR in the game (Especially better than Mesmer Skin).

1 minute ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Eh, her 4 is one of the more annoying crowd control due to its AI not knowing what it’s supposed to be doing half the time, but yeah her 3 is one of the best sources of 100% DR in the game (Especially better than Mesmer Skin).

I tend to use funnel clouds augment and the Ferrox with her.  So the group pull and funnel clouds stay relatively close.  

But I agree that her 3 is amazing.  

I do use her one for the jump hover.  I stay airborn most of the time using a secondary weapon like the staticor to AoE bomb the heck out of things.

But I agree that Tornados on its own is unruly.  Then again I feel that way with Max Range strangle dome and Hydroids tentacles.

4 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Mirage Prime is still probably 60p. Her 1st really strong, but that’s really all she has going for her.

That is so not true.
Her nuker build is very solid for weapon lvling in ESO, 1 run to wave 15 or so(in a team) or a couple to 6-8 and you can get 3 weapons at once to 30. That may not be top tier but it's good enough.

But as far as the OP's question goes, I would focus on one frame for each boring thing you have to do on a regular basis, prime frame or not.

One frame for ESO focus/weapon xp farming - Saryn, Mirage with a nuker build both very solid choices

One frame for Index - A lot of people use Rhino, but any tanky frame works. Garuda is what I use.

One frame to farm something droppable(endo, resources etc) - Nekros, Ivara, Khora.

One stealth frame to skip through all the bs you don't want to deal with - Ivara, Loki

From all the frames I have the one I keep coming back to for most of the busy work is Ivara. Her kit is just so freaking good for so many small things.

She is very far from my favourite frame but I end up using her anyway just to be done with stuff faster.

I do most sorties with her(exalted bow doesn't care about X weapon only modifier, and Infiltrate is awesome for spy/rescue), stealth trivializes most things in this game

Level 5 Kuva Lich? Np.

Level up melee weapons from 0 to 30 in 2 spy missions? Np.

Unveiling most rivens fast? Np.

Plains/Fortuna busy work? Np.

• Upvote 1

On 2020-01-14 at 5:48 AM, (PS4)FireNinjaCole said:

The title says it all, I want to know what cheap (in platinum) but useful prime warframes I can get. I am soon going to be in possession of 540 platinum, so I wanted to know what prime warframes I can buy with it.

I do not know what MR are you and if you completed the star chart or not.

If you have not completed the star chart, for me it was Octavia and Rhino. Rhino you do not need to buy. Octavia you do. She is not prime though. Octavia is extremely useful because she is not highly energy dependent (early on at least), and has passive energy regeneration. You drop her skill 1 and avoid fire. 

Next level? You probably need a frame that has good survivability. For me it was Valkyr. But there are several options. Again, Rhino. Inaros. There are others, just stick with ones that are not very heavily energy dependent (do some research on the frames before you commit to them). I would not bother with primes. They are not needed. Save your platinum. 

What you surely need to have beside the frames is:

Get primaries in this order:  Ignis and Fulmin. Neither requires platinum. Do not bother with secondaries for now.

Get a good melee weapon. Depending on your rank, this varies. Primed melee weapons sell between 40-80P. Look for the following stats on the weapon: slash damage, 20% critical chance, 2.0 x critical damage and 20% stats chance. 

I would really spend some platinum on mods. They are dirt cheap and they are the primary source of your power. I would consider buying the following:

Narrow minded.

Fleeting expertise.

Weeping wounds.

Blood rush.

21 hours ago, (PS4)FireNinjaCole said:

Hey I can't find prim warframes in the market, so like do I have to trade with plat?

You have to trade with other players to obtain primed frames and weapons, among many other things. Make sure to check the prices on warframe market website to know how much things sell for.

Fyi, do not buy a primed frame cuz they are cheap. Many frames have either niche play or require tons of energy to function. This will not work before you are at least MR 10. Do not buy mirage or Zephyr. Also, do not be tempted to buy Saryn. There much cheaper (and sometimes better) options for what you are looking for. Or Ember. Useless frame unless you have strong fully decked mods + major energy regeneration. 

There is a website called warframe school. It is decent for beginners to give you a general idea of how the frame operates and mods they require. 

On 2020-01-14 at 5:05 PM, Hexsing said:

But I am not one of those people and find her useful and entertaining.  

I approve this message.

Also, for the OP, honestly you’re better off farming the parts and using the Plat for things you can’t trade, like weapon/frame/riven slots or cosmetics. Those things mount up over time while Primes come and go depending on play style or personal preference or reworks.

• Like 1