Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shon_animated

Hostage issues with Grineer Elevator

im sitting on a rescue mission in mercury i think its the first you come across anyway i keep trying to get the hostage onto this grineer elevator it goes diagonal but everytime he gets on he just walks off while its moving and he only ever stands on the edge of it. i can't finish this misssion now bc of it

well unless there are changes that i'm not aware of, you can just go straight to extraction and leave the hostage behind it'll clear the mission, also they'll teleport to your location after some time

Rescue targets can teleport. When you get far enough away, they just appear by you, like Kubrow do.

That, or if you reach the exit, you succeed whether or not they're standing by you. So long as they're alive at the time.

It's all good OP, you didn't know. The game is huge and confusing, and you can't just assume it always works.. but glad in this case everything was actually fine all along. Best of luck to you.

Last time I did a mission like that the hostage didn't teleport to me.

I still finished by just walking to extraction, though, since the NPC doesn't actually need to go there him-/herself.

As others have dsaid: It doesn't matter if the target is with you, as long as you reach extraction before they die you will succeed in the mission even if they are on the ground bleeding out as you do reach extraction.

The fastest and easiest method to finish the mission is just to dash straight to extraction and ignore everything along your way.

Its a bit misleading with Lotus telling you that you can't leave the hostage behind, but they made the target reaching extraction not required exactly because of pathing issues like this, or something else happening to the rescue target that would prevent them from moving (such as something clipping them into or behind objects that they can't get around).

Normally its not a problem as the rescue target will pick a player (generally the one closest to extraction but not always) and teleport to them to keep up, again to avoid pathing issues and other glitches.

OP is right, hostage pathing is bugging out on elevators. Hostage won't teleport to you if there is an elevator between them and you.

As others mentioned, you may just leave hostage and walk to the extraction, but mobs can kill the hostage while you're walking/waiting, so gotta go fast if you know what i mean, we've failed a sortie once because we weren't fast enough and hostage died somewhere.

You might also go to bug reporting section and file a bug, but i don't know how successful this will be. This bug is old, at least several months old. It is possible that someone already reported it back when it appeared, but reminder wouldn't hurt, i guess.

11 minutes ago, 32768 said:

OP is right, hostage pathing is bugging out on elevators. Hostage won't teleport to you if there is an elevator between them and you.

HARK? Well blow me down, perhaps I stand corrected. I'll have to test later, but thanks for calling that out. Must be brand new, because I did rescues last week..  or just didn't encounter an elevator in that mission. Never heard of this one before.

Also seeing as this is new, OP.. DE wouldn't have known their crap needed fixing until you or someone else brought it to their attention. They act fast when it comes to mission breaking bugs. (A few peculiar exceptions, but generally they're on the ball with those.)

Give him an atomos or a catchmoon, people underestimate this option.
He will at the very least survive long enough for you to get to extraction. 
Sortie defence target gets to work when you give him a good gun, I enjoy that sometimes he kills more than other tenno. 😄