Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Astreos S&S Skin: Sword held wrong way

Asemnar

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NightmareT12 said:

I don't own it, but I was under the impression it's correctly positioned, since the metallic material (the blade), which should hit the enemy, is facing down (so it'd be correctly placed).

To me this seems like another Khopesh skin scenario.

The difference with the Khopesh skin scenario is that when the Inaros Deluxe skin was advertised, the image shown had the sword as it is in-game. Unfortunately, that was intended even though Khopesh as we know them irl have the blade protrude outward.

However, in my linked comment there’s evidence the sword being in the advertisement for Equinox’s Deluxe skin has the sword held properly with the blade and guard out toward the knuckle. In-game, it is held in the reverse unfortunately.

Unlike the Khopesh discussions, I’m doubtful that it can be argued that it is the artist’s intention for the sword in the Astreos Sword & Shield skin to be held as it is in-game now, when the advert for the Equinox Deluxe Bundle has the sword held differently.

10 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

The difference with the Khopesh skin scenario is that when the Inaros Deluxe skin was advertised, the image shown had the sword as it is in-game. Unfortunately, that was intended even though Khopesh as we know them irl have the blade protrude outward.

However, in my linked comment there’s evidence the sword being in the advertisement for Equinox’s Deluxe skin has the sword held properly with the blade and guard out toward the knuckle. In-game, it is held in the reverse unfortunately.

Unlike the Khopesh discussions, I’m doubtful that it can be argued that it is the artist’s intention for the sword in the Astreos Sword & Shield skin to be held as it is in-game now, when the advert for the Equinox Deluxe Bundle has the sword held differently.

Nope. Look at the image again: It's held sideways.

I've learnt not to trust the promo pictures by themselves and try to look at other aspects of the design before reporting something, because it's not the first time a promo showcases things as they are not.

11 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

Nope. Look at the image again: It's held sideways.

I've learnt not to trust the promo pictures by themselves and try to look at other aspects of the design before reporting something, because it's not the first time a promo showcases things as they are not.

I get what you’re saying, but... are we seriously going to discuss how the weapon is supposed to be held when the promo picture shows how the weapon is held in the proper manner, when in-game it’s held in the reverse?

rEFE3xk.jpg

That’s not sideways. The angle looks deceptive, but the blade is still held in a downward fashion.

6EEdFEu.jpg

Say if I’m going to hold a blade with a single-sided edge. Regardless of it being “sideways,” there’s still going to be deviation of where the blade is facing: “Edge,” or “Back.” The picture, even if the sharp-side of the blade looks like it is held at an aside for the purposes of promotional posture, still shows that the blade is where the knuckles/digits of the fingers are at when gripped on the handle. It’s held with the edge-side presumably forward.

So, what did we get in-game?

AqZHdFn.jpg

The blade is held in reverse. The guard on the Astreos sword gives it away.

Regarding the Edo Prime armor set, Limbo Prime and Atlas Prime’s Syandanas, those are matters of scaling and/or textures. The Astreos Sword & Shield Deluxe skin, however, is a matter of incorrect positioning. It can argued with the former 3 that they can be shipped “as-is” just fine with little to no complaints, but seriously with the Astreos Sword & Shield Skin you want me or any player that uses this skin and expect them to be using the back part of the blade in-battle?

• 1 month later...

Archived