Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unpopular Opinion: If you no longer like playing Warframe why not playing??

MartianGHunter

Most do walk away , at least for some time , these players will usually not comment on the forums.

The people you see on the forums are usually ones that

have invested significant time and money in a project,

genuinely care about the game like one cares for an old house they grew in cause of the memories - sentimentality is not limited for living beings ,

or they are addicted and feel their current fix is diluted with the changes.

There are also many that are just whining , classifying the entire community into just one broad stroke would not be fair.

it can be a combination as well.

It has nothing to do with hating the game, my young padawan.

They still like that game. A lot.

Some, prefer to spice up their gaming with a pinch of salt. From the forums of course.

Some stop by to whine a bit when they are bored of cheesing for a few hours in game.

And then there is that rare breed that plays the forums in any game rather than the game itself.

I play every day, but, I get my enjoyment out of playing old content.

Just for the hell of it, I'm grinding my 4th Kuva Lich, the mode hasn't improved any it's still a chore rather than a pleasure, but it's still better than Failjack.

Out of the 25 people in my clan only 1 still plays regularly and we team up each day and mostly run endless missions just to see how far we can get. The only good thing Old Blood brought was higher level mobs in it's missions, and forcing your Lich to level 5 to give a smidge of challenge to the game is very welcome.

Railjack bought nothing, absolutely nothing. At the moment it's Archwing 2.0, a totally separate game mode that has nothing to do and brings nothing to the rest of Warframe.

For me, the last 2 big content releases have failed to excite, but, I love this game, and I'm wiling to wave my arms and shout until it gets fixed. If only Digital Extremes would get off it's cloud and see for themselves just how unhappy a large portion of their player base is. You think the falling number of players would be a hint wouldn't you?

No more Kuva Liches, no more Railjack.

I'm off to play some real Warframe.

4 hours ago, MartianGHunter said:

Basically the title been reading the forums for a while now and i am shocked at the number of players who aren't even Founders continuously playing a game they have stopped enjoying.

I can understand that most have invested some money towards the game but that's the risk that comes with supporting a free to play it might not develop the way you want or improve in the long term.

But what shocks me I think is that most players are interacting with game modes they don't enjoy when they can stop playing the content give feedback on why they are not enjoying and then not interact with system until it is changed which FYI is the best for DE to know that a particular game modes needs attention due to limited interaction.

Great example Raids I always felt they were abysmal and played a few trials gave my feedback and never touched them again and now they out of the game and eagerly waiting for their return so I can see if they have improved.

So my opinion why doesn't everyone do the same play the game modes you enjoy leave the ones you don't and have FUN with the game. Because if a video game isn't fun for you DO NOT PLAY IT.

And the beauty about Warframe you can come back anytime and carry on from wherever you left off. Heck I stopped playing during my final 3 months of varsity came back and honestly had missed nothing of value. 

This is just my unpopular opinion.

Martian out.

Telling players to just leave the game and play another game is ACTIVELY hurting the game, I get that u wanna defend the S#&$ out of de but telling players (THAT MAKE THEM MONEY) to leave is not helping them in the slightest.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

elling players to just leave the game and play another game is ACTIVELY hurting the game, I get that u wanna defend the S#&$ out of de but telling players (THAT MAKE THEM MONEY) to leave is not helping them in the slightest.

perhaps - but if ALL the people who complain that the drop chances in RJ for things are too low, or the rng nature of the reactors etc was unacceptable, it would force DE's hand.

As it is it seems to me that a small number of players who complain actually stop, a larger number say they stop but still do it any way, and a still larger number complain but continue to support it by actually continuing to farm it.

For example, I stopped doing anomaly for ephemera. The drop chance is low enough to be a lottery system.

I stopped farming reactors/wreckage - same as above.

Having stopped wreckage farming, I also stopped resource farming.

I still farm avionics, but question my sanity any time I do and wish I had something else to do - although its the first update in a long time where I've spent more time on the forums reading posts etc than actually playing the game.  And increasingly getting close to just stopping the avionics farm as well (on console with our unpatched, buggy mess)

All in, I actually have NO reason to do RJ - lets look at what I could get

• Relics. Inefficient by comparison to ANY other starchart means
  • Dirac. Unused - already have way more than I need
  • Wreckage. MK1&2 stuff is pointless - why does it even exist? Who would actually waste time building it? Which means Earth and Saturn wreckage is pointless.  Void wreckage is also by in large useless - I haven't gotten a reactor or shield worth building for 3 weeks - and that was playing for a few hours on average EVERY day since release.
  • Resources - since as mentioned wreckage is useless, that means resources are not needed either.
  • Ephemera.  HAHAHAHA - a one in several thousand run chance to get? Thats not a reason to even waste the time on.
  • Umbra Forma. See above.

2 minutes ago, tucker_d_dawg said:

perhaps - but if ALL the people who complain that the drop chances in RJ for things are too low, or the rng nature of the reactors etc was unacceptable, it would force DE's hand.

As it is it seems to me that a small number of players who complain actually stop, a larger number say they stop but still do it any way, and a still larger number complain but continue to support it by actually continuing to farm it.

For example, I stopped doing anomaly for ephemera. The drop chance is low enough to be a lottery system.

I stopped farming reactors/wreckage - same as above.

Having stopped wreckage farming, I also stopped resource farming.

I still farm avionics, but question my sanity any time I do and wish I had something else to do - although its the first update in a long time where I've spent more time on the forums reading posts etc than actually playing the game.  And increasingly getting close to just stopping the avionics farm as well (on console with our unpatched, buggy mess)

All in, I actually have NO reason to do RJ - lets look at what I could get

• Relics. Inefficient by comparison to ANY other starchart means
  • Dirac. Unused - already have way more than I need
  • Wreckage. MK1&2 stuff is pointless - why does it even exist? Who would actually waste time building it? Which means Earth and Saturn wreckage is pointless.  Void wreckage is also by in large useless - I haven't gotten a reactor or shield worth building for 3 weeks - and that was playing for a few hours on average EVERY day since release.
  • Resources - since as mentioned wreckage is useless, that means resources are not needed either.
  • Ephemera.  HAHAHAHA - a one in several thousand run chance to get? Thats not a reason to even waste the time on.
  • Umbra Forma. See above.

I refuse to do anything regarding railjack after I got the shedu, if railjack is still garbage by the time new war arrives it will really show des professionalism.

3 hours ago, MartianGHunter said:

I am shocked at the number of players who aren't even Founders continuously playing a game they have stopped enjoying.

What does being a Founder have to do with anything? Anybody who was a Founder in the beginning already got their "investment's" worth multiple times.

I can understand that most have invested some money towards the game but that's the risk that comes with supporting a free to play it might not develop the way you want or improve in the long term.

I don't buy the "it's free-2-play" get-out-of-jail-free card. That's a business model, if the video game is worse because of it, then it's a problem. Warframe is a video game, it has to compete with other video games on the market AND it gets compared to other video games, end of story. There are full price video games that are worse enjoyment wise and there are free to play video games that are better than Warframe.

I don't think giving passes for bad game design decisions "because free-2-play" is a wise idea. You can just remove the free-2-play part and the sentence is just as good. ANY game that is continously changing, receiving updates might become worse/better in the future doesn't matter if its free/paid see WoW and some of it's rough expansions.

So my opinion why doesn't everyone do the same play the game modes you enjoy leave the ones you don't and have FUN with the game. Because if a video game isn't fun for you DO NOT PLAY IT.

Why do you think people don't do this? I stopped playing Arbitrations as soon as I got the mods I needed from there, never touched them again, same with the Index, only go there if there is a Nightwave challenge, will 100% stop doing Eidolons when I farmed the arcanes from there... There are elements to railjack that reach into other game modes, like intrinsic Archwing blink cooldown bonus, Archwing speed bonus, which help if you do Eidolon hunts for example, Shedu parts, ephemera... not to mention the ONLY source for Umbral Forma blueprint currently... (and rare Avionics farming for selling them)

And lastly there is another element to this, which is the DRASTIC changes to both the Kuva Liches and the Railjack game mode compared to the "live demo" everyone watched at Tennocon. Neither the Kuva Liches nor Railjack are like the things we were shown as an "ingame live demo".

And it's not just "well, development's hard, you have to make some changes", I mean the gameplay in that demo and what we got today is very different... It is like No Man's Sky launch over again, a lot of people got their hopes up and got very disappointed. Not surprising really...

If you were around when No Man's Sky released in 2016, the reactions right now should be very familiar, even yours, there were plenty of people enjoying that game on release telling everyone else "What's this outrage about? Yeah its a different game than what was shown and talked about, but I enjoy the parts that it has so it's fine for me! Don't like it, don't play it!"

What I mean is that this reaction was 100% expected after the Kuva Lich update released and people didn't like it, Railjack needed to deliver on the promises and hype that it gathered during Tennocon. It didn't.

• Like 2

When it gets to be too much, I walk away.  It's amazing how often those issues are fixed whenI come back.

Kuva Lich is a great example of content I love to hate.  Content with higher level enemies in a variety of locations is something I want.

What this means is that Ihat I hate the idiotic requiem system, I hate the grindy murmur system, I'm disgusted by the useless cash grab that is level 40 weapons that nobody needs, coupled with random appearance companions nobody is asking for, layer upon layer of idiotic RNG, and so on, and so forth.  It's truly awful, start to finish.

And yet to propel higher level enemies in content, I have to push through all that stuff I don't like in order to play it.  It means that, in order to get what I want, I'm constantly exposed to the things I don't want.  I could do it without the murmurs and whatnot, but then I'd be stuck with loads of content that is a touch too high(and a boss wandering into virtually every map), a map full of loot robbery, and a host of other problems from not properly playing the content as I pass through it.

Railjack is also that way.  I kinda like the spaceship, it's got a good feel to it.  It also has layers of rediculous RNG, it piles unnecessary amounts of length onto the missions as they get to the "end game" levels, and the enemies have a weird sponginess to them that's not enjoyable.  If I want to play it, or be ready for what comes next, I have to deal with that crap.

And so, forum feedback it is.  I want this stuff to be right.  I want it to function in a more playable manner and make sense as an entertainment medium, rather than an exercise in wasted time.  I'd rather not have my sensibilities insulted, and I'd rather the cash grabs be less flagrant.

In a world of cash grabby, shoddy video game options, Warframe is worth fixing because it's better than most of them.  It's worth giving input to and, historically, most items DO get addressed in ways that make them enjoyable, or at least palatable.

I think many must feel the same way, that's why you see simultaneous player numbers and forum complaining.

3 hours ago, Voltage said:

For some people, the sunk cost fallacy is a real thing

preach

I spent $250 for design council access.

"Players who have access to the Design Council Subforum can vote on designs, features, and names in the game. The Development Team is significantly more involved in the design council subforum than they are with the rest of the forum at large."

#*!% all happens in design council and now there's not even a price tag to get in, which I'm glad that more or less anyone who wants in can get in, just sucks I spent my money on it.

I've already been here for nearly 7 years and put up with plenty of DE's bullS#&$ through out, watching warframe get steadily better one step forward in some areas and two steps backwards in lots of others.

no point in stopping now, maybe DE can even salvage railjack despite past experience telling me otherwise.

tldr:

this has been a S#&$ty roller coaster, but I paid to get on and damn if I'm not gonna ride it.

Edited by FoxyKabam
a word

5 hours ago, MartianGHunter said:

But what shocks me I think is that most players are interacting with game modes they don't enjoy when they can stop playing the content give feedback on why they are not enjoying and then not interact with system until it is changed which FYI is the best for DE to know that a particular game modes needs attention due to limited interaction.

This may have been mentioned before, but some content stacks on other content. For example: I don't like playing Railjack and I dislike the entire system of building up a Railjack. But a Railjack, based on DE's stated plans, is a necessary component of the New War, which is a little more up my alley. I find fighting Sentients fun. A story quest is also hidden within Railjack systems. The Shedu, as well, is stuffed in there. There are elements that I like, but to get to some of those, I must grind through the things I don't like to get it. Something that has become increasingly problematic with lower and lower drop rates, longer and longer grinds, and higher and higher RNG elements. I would wager that's also why the long grinds and low drop chances are getting such extreme flak: they make the drudgery to get to the fun parts worse. And, likewise, possibly the reason why DE keeps stacking those sorts of things up. They increase playership of given content in a clear cause-and-effect relationship. It's completely apathetic to player contentment, but the data's there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MartianGHunter said:

This is just my unpopular opinion.

It's a stupid opinion and here's why people keep playing and/or complaining about something they feel isn't fun anymore:

1. Because they love Warframe despite the actual bad updates.
2. Because they've sunk money/time into the game.
3. Because their online community is in the game and to stop playing the game means to stop hanging out with friends.
4. Because even though some of the game is bad, doesn't mean all of it is; You can do stuff apart from the new things.

It's always good to take a break from something you've spent a lot of time on, but sometimes you have to speak up as well, especially when things are obviously not going that well.
Nothing is so sacred it can't be criticized, especially not a product.

44 minutes ago, Smilomaniac said:

It's a stupid opinion and here's why people keep playing and/or complaining about something they feel isn't fun anymore:

1. Because they love Warframe despite the actual bad updates.
2. Because they've sunk money/time into the game.
3. Because their online community is in the game and to stop playing the game means to stop hanging out with friends.
4. Because even though some of the game is bad, doesn't mean all of it is; You can do stuff apart from the new things.

It's always good to take a break from something you've spent a lot of time on, but sometimes you have to speak up as well, especially when things are obviously not going that well.
Nothing is so sacred it can't be criticized, especially not a product.

Firstly you didn't even read my post properly and yet you call it stupid. The internet ladies and gentlemen.

My point wasn't ;leave the game but don't engage in poor game mechanics if and when yu don't enjoy them because surprise surprise it gives DE the wrong statistical view of player engagement.

Because your point 4 is what I am telling people engage with content you enjoy. So how exactly is my opinion stupid when repeat what I have already stated 🤦‍♂️

Unpopular opinion: [insert obvious popular opinion labeled as unpopular].

Something said several times a week, and even has a recent thread saying the same thing, isn't unpopular, and people here already know anyways. Warframe's popularity goes up and down, so it's obvious people stop playing after a point waiting for the next update.

It's quite simple actually:
DE making horrible decisions.
After they released kuva lich ... and steve said he doesn't intend to change the system I started hating DE

They want to make us play hours and hours to farm God knows what

And forcing the player to die just because it had an incorrect mod sequence is ridiculous

After all
when you die in a game
means the player did something wrong

But in Steve's mind that means kuva lichs are harder ... wolf was harder and it wasn't ridiculous the way kuva lich are

Edited by Kentar
  • Like 1

I'm MR28 on PC, I've done every game mode, I've obtained everything I deemed worthy. Do I have every single mod/item in the game? no. do I have all the kuva weapons? No. But obtaining those are worthless to me. The kuva weapons I don't have aren't better or rather drastically better and trading for them still requires a boring, boring, vastly boring grind. 

Rather then play content for the same rewards (aka: Farm for plat) I'd rather play Destiny 2, I'd rather play Monster Hunter World, I'd rather play freaking American Truck Simulator. And thus I do. 

Plus it's easier to just invest in low cost prime sets, sit on them for months/years and sell high for like 75-150% profit. 

Edited by Fire2box

1 hour ago, MartianGHunter said:

Firstly you didn't even read my post properly and yet you call it stupid. The internet ladies and gentlemen.

My point wasn't ;leave the game but don't engage in poor game mechanics if and when yu don't enjoy them because surprise surprise it gives DE the wrong statistical view of player engagement.

Because your point 4 is what I am telling people engage with content you enjoy. So how exactly is my opinion stupid when repeat what I have already stated 🤦‍♂️

Oh please, your post is a rant about how you don't like how others keep playing the game despite their whining. The rest is dressing to make it look like more than an opinion.

I read your post alright, I read between the lines; You're complaining about complainers and added your own bile to the mess. No one is reading anything in this thread and thinking "wow, my perspective changed and now I can go about my business doing something else". As for the metrics you might as well say "vote with your wallet", it'll change just as little.

I hope there's a huge drop off, but there probably isn't as the silent majority chugs along spending their evenings with a casual hour or two.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Most do walk away , at least for some time , these players will usually not comment on the forums.

The people you see on the forums are usually ones that

have invested significant time and money in a project,

genuinely care about the game like one cares for an old house they grew in cause of the memories - sentimentality is not limited for living beings ,

or they are addicted and feel their current fix is diluted with the changes.

There are also many that are just whining , classifying the entire community into just one broad stroke would not be fair.

it can be a combination as well.

There, I commented. 

Well, in my case I like "classic warframe" run and gun, survivals, defense, exterminates, etc.  What i do not like is "new warframe", fishing, mining, pokemon, etc, so while i do play i just ignore all the boring un-warframe like new filler material and carry on like they dont even exist.

On 2020-01-14 at 1:28 PM, MartianGHunter said:

Basically the title been reading the forums for a while now and i am shocked at the number of players who aren't even Founders continuously playing a game they have stopped enjoying.

Founder here, I still love the game, warts and all. Doesn't mean there aren't things I would change but overall I'm having fun

On 2020-01-14 at 1:28 PM, MartianGHunter said:

Great example Raids I always felt they were abysmal and played a few trials gave my feedback and never touched them again and now they out of the game and eagerly waiting for their return so I can see if they have improved.

So my opinion why doesn't everyone do the same play the game modes you enjoy leave the ones you don't and have FUN with the game. Because if a video game isn't fun for you DO NOT PLAY IT.

Ah well here is a problem.

So "Raids" were forced-teaming content, which I couldn't play as someone who played solo due to my friends not playing warframe and the risk/reward ratio for "internet friends" is just way too stacked toward "suck" (I've done "guilds" and "clans" for years, not doing it again)

And that would have been fine. I was missing very little as the assets in the Trials were available in the normal soloable mission but the rewards were, at the time, unique and became central to a lot of builds. Locking me out of normal content I enjoyed.

So I was very happy when the trials were euthanized and will continue to resist any forced teaming content in Warframe. Whatever DE implement that they feel is "The return of Trials" I will hope, and push hard for, a soloable version or some other way to get any progress-critical rewards.

Edited by SilentMobius