Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Control questions

OrSpeeder

Question

Two questions regarding the controls:

1. There is a easier way to switch to my primary or secondary weapon without using a button to switch between them? It is really annoying, specially when I don't remember what one was equipped, or I wanted only to un-equip a tool.

2. Why the mouse scrollwheel selects a power? There is any reason for doing that? As far as I know the default binding for powers is 1, 2, 3, 4, so no reason to use that...

4 answers to this question

50 minutes ago, OrSpeeder said:

Two questions regarding the controls:

1. There is a easier way to switch to my primary or secondary weapon without using a button to switch between them? It is really annoying, specially when I don't remember what one was equipped, or I wanted only to un-equip a tool.

2. Why the mouse scrollwheel selects a power? There is any reason for doing that? As far as I know the default binding for powers is 1, 2, 3, 4, so no reason to use that...

As for 2: as I mostly re-trigger abilities by pressing 'alt' rather than 1-4, I used the scroll wheel quite a lot, but you don't have to and I think you can unbind it if you want.

For 1: You can change the button to anything you want, but well, can you imagine anyway to change weapons without at least one key press? Maybe you can bind it to the wheel?

As for knowing which weapon you have out: you can see what your frames holding, it's written on the bottom right and most weapons-shots look different, while many have different cross hairs.You can only take 1-2 into a mission (ignoring an arch-guns) so honestly, I'd recommend just trying to remember and if you're going to do a lot of melee, switch to the gun you use most 1st.

If you un-equip a gear item, you'll switch back to what you had before, if you 'change weapon' on gear, then you'll go to your secondary, if you have one.

If you need to switch faster, although that's only really useful for utterly max profit-taker play, there are mods for that.

Edited by TheArcSet

10 hours ago, OrSpeeder said:

What I meant is that I want to know if I can bind a button to mean "primary" and another to mean "secondary" without the need to "cycle" between them with only one button.

As a regular FPS player i feel the need to have that too.

Despite what @TheArcSet mentioned you could check the active weapon at bottom right corner. I would love to have the ability to not visual check. Instead, I want to press a key several times to ensure I am holding the correct weapon.

I have asked this before and people suggested a macro method where pressing a key would trigger:
Primary weapon: equip gear (e.g. codex scanner) -> unequip same gear
Secondary weapon: equip gear -> switch weapon button

Based on how we equip primary if we pressed the same gear hotkey while the gear is active, or secondary weapon if we pressed switch weapon key.

16 hours ago, OrSpeeder said:

Should be related with bindings from console's controller, since there is no numbers button in PS4 nor Xbox.
You may rebind it to something else.