Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

I am not Captain of my own Railjak(I build)?

(PSN)XX-MrAverage-XX

I have recently completed the construction of my own Railjak.....but after Void Key installation I was told to head to navigation but after that there's was nothing.I can use railjack from Navigation and select missions and play them BUT there was absolutely no "introduction" to whole mechanics and now I found out Captain options are missing from Intrinsic menu everything is present but Captain option is absent.

I can fire 2 canons but can't operate main front artillary,slingshot and many other options relating to Captain.

Most of those options require a certain level of intrinsics to work- like you need rank 5 Gunner for the forward artillery, and rank 3 Gunner for the slingshot. Those can be used by anyone who has the right intrinsics, regardless of their position. A number of basic piloting skills (like "boost" and "dodge") are similarly locked. 

The commander line doesn't yet exist, and we don't know what to expect when.

1 hour ago, (PS4)XX-MrAverage-XX said:

there was absolutely no "introduction" to whole mechanics.

100% right. There's a lot you'll need to know to function, even before you get to learning strategies, and the game doesn't tell you much. Here's a rundown of my big 3:

In the back of the bottom level of the ship, you'll find 4 forges the access points are the small orange circles. These can be used to make more supplies (notably revolite, the fixit goo for your Omni) in the middle of battle.  They each have their own 2 minute cool down. Half their functions are locked behind intrinsics.

The intrinsics gained in the mission rewards summary at the end isn't accurate. I've seen several hypotheses as to why, but it's also buggy enough that none of these explain everything.  Also your new scrapped parts won't show up immediately. Regardless, if you go back to your orbiter after you finish and then go to your dojo, you'll get what you're gonna get. 

Direct damage (turrets /archguns) won't kill crewships, although it can knock out their engines and reduce them to 1 hp. The forward artillery will destroy them if it reduces them to 0 hp, but it's awkward to use and has limited ammo. It's more reliable to board them and destroy the reactor, which will make it explode in about 25 seconds.

1 hour ago, (PS4)theMycon said:

Most of those options require a certain level of intrinsics to work- like you need rank 5 Gunner for the forward artillery, and rank 3 Gunner for the slingshot. Those can be used by anyone who has the right intrinsics, regardless of their position. A number of basic piloting skills (like "boost" and "dodge") are similarly locked. 

The commander line doesn't yet exist, and we don't know what to expect when.

100% right. There's a lot you'll need to know to function, even before you get to learning strategies, and the game doesn't tell you much. Here's a rundown of my big 3:

In the back of the bottom level of the ship, you'll find 4 forges the access points are the small orange circles. These can be used to make more supplies (notably revolite, the fixit goo for your Omni) in the middle of battle.  They each have their own 2 minute cool down. Half their functions are locked behind intrinsics.

The intrinsics gained in the mission rewards summary at the end isn't accurate. I've seen several hypotheses as to why, but it's also buggy enough that none of these explain everything.  Also your new scrapped parts won't show up immediately. Regardless, if you go back to your orbiter after you finish and then go to your dojo, you'll get what you're gonna get. 

Direct damage (turrets /archguns) won't kill crewships, although it can knock out their engines and reduce them to 1 hp. The forward artillery will destroy them if it reduces them to 0 hp, but it's awkward to use and has limited ammo. It's more reliable to board them and destroy the reactor, which will make it explode in about 25 seconds.

Thanks a lot I figured it out but after recent update "Network not responding" with red mark under it appears and my ping has also increased too,while ping for all other games is normal.