Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A new player's perspective

(PSN)DeltaCastSven

Hi tenno,

I'm pretty new to this game (only picked it up a month ago on ps4 after trying it out on pc just after the release of gara in 2017) but in my short time of playing this through (currently just completed the 2nd dream) I've already heard and seen a bevy of complaints ranging from the time gates to the rng grind to the numerous bugs associated with railjack making it mostly unplayable to several employees breaking DE's own rules. All of us assign 100% of the blame for all of these things directly to DE and their own staff, unforetunately I think they may be somewhat powerless in this situation almost as much as we are. People ask who at DE is behind the frustrating timegates and resource grind, I don't think anyone at DE is, I would most likely believe it is their stock holder. 

From what I understand, most people agree that "The Second Dream" update was one of the best times (if not the best time) to be playing, as DE was starting to take the lore seriously, things were relatively balanced, and the grind was present but was at a semi-normal level. Coincidentally this update was the last time that DE President Mike Schmalz had any significant holding in DE's own stock. As of May of 2016 Leyou Technologies owned 97% of DE. DE is likely no longer in charge of itself, instead this giant investment company owns the game and is likely to blame for most of our complaints. They are likely the ones who forced railjack out before it was ready, who keep adding time gates and new resources to grind, all so that we as a player base are incentivized to spend money on the game. Leyou technologies is following the business plan of a mobile game mixed with the micro-transactions that "free to play" games are now known for. 

This investment-giant is driving the game we love into the ground. Leyou technologies is making a monopoly of many beloved free to play games and is destroying them in much the same ways (seriously check out the wiki and their website). 

Unfortunately we have no way of knowing the full story on this or if what I've said is really what's happening, but we can at least fight for more open communication to help us better understand what they are doing and why they are doing it. 

Until then,

Fight well and may RNJesus bless you with good drops.

Sven out

Edited by (PS4)DeltaCastSven
Grammar and spelling, removal of an innapropriate comment