Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt tweaks

(PSN)Prometheus_Steel

I main Volt and well, to be perfectly honest it isn't that hes lacking something. Perse but I feel close to zero reason to use any other powers than his second and fourth ability. I might go tridolon hunting one day and pop out the shield but in my fast pace adrenaline fueled game-style I don't sit down behind a wall and shoot for 10 seconds, it's boring.

So my suggestion is make every power at least fun to use for the speed-frame of warframe. (#*!% yuh Gauss JK lol)

His one is kinda boring and there's a Tesla coil gun that makes it obsolete, My suggestion is make it a lightning rail-gun. The animation would be that it charges from his shoulder rings and forms at his index finger and releases. A fire rate of 6 per second, Low cost. Decent damage, Should rag-doll enemies as lightning is a powerful force that would knock you over and out and in real life. Charge for a slightly longer animation but will bring out both arm and shoot the lightning from from both index fingers in a dual barrel like fashion and has a bit more devastating effect.

His 2, His 2 is alright, a short boost to speed. I wish it was a hold down power so I don't have to recast perse and don't annoy people who just opt-out of it by spamming it again. His base sprint speed should be 1.10 and his Speed multiplier should be like this, leveling up the multiplier should stats should go like this {Rank 1 at 1.5} - {Rank 2 at 1.75|} - {at rank 3 it should be 2.1} That should really get things going. 

His Shield is fine but I Think it could be a bit more creative. Single click and you spawn a shield as you do, Pick it up and it shouldn't force you to switch to your secondary. Here's the twist. Hold down the power and you can project a shield from where you aim at. It should by default raise at a 90 degree angle but in this manner you could shoot a shield in front of an ally about to be hit by a nox for example So its more versatile. You don't have to be in front of the defense objective to place a protective barrier, you can now be at a vantage point and it would be a lot easier to place them effectively

His 4 is perfect.

This was my small idea for improvements. Hope U like

Edited by (PS4)Prometheus_Steel
Slight grammar changes

I main Volt and use all four of his abilities regularly. Out of the frames I have used I think he is one of the most balanced and versatile, supporting multiple playstyles even with the same build.

His 1 with the augment is one of his best abilities, it's like Rhino's Roar but cheaper, longer lasting, stronger (percentage wise) and electricity based. Otherwise without the augment yeah it is kind of lackluster. I mostly only use the actual shock part of the ability for getting synthesis targets to hold still for a bit.

His 2 is good for moving fast and going into melee, but I also find myself hitting it when I'm reloading because it speeds that up as well. I just wish it didn't mess with other players as much as it does.

His 3 is what makes him viable for me. One shield in a corner or hallway or three shields in a triangle in an open space keep Volt standing against the shooty factions even when the actual tank frames are going down. The electric damage bonus and massive buff to my crit based guns are nothing to complain about either. Unfortunately I can't keep Volt alive against Eidolons (Umbra mods would ruin my build) but the people who can seem to make good use of the shields there as well. My only problem with his 3 is that carrying it gives too great a penalty.

His 4 even without the augment is strong. With the augment I get lots of overshields while frying the general area. Get zapped!

Edited by The_Fifth_Archon
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, The_Fifth_Archon said:

I main Volt and use all four of his abilities regularly. Out of the frames I have used I think he is one of the most balanced and versatile, supporting multiple playstyles even with the same build.

His 1 with the augment is one of his best abilities, it's like Rhino's Roar but cheaper, longer lasting, stronger (percentage wise) and electricity based. Otherwise without the augment yeah it is kind of lackluster. I mostly only use the actual shock part of the ability for getting synthesis targets to hold still for a bit.

His 2 is good for moving fast and going into melee, but I also find myself hitting it when I'm reloading because it speeds that up as well. I just wish it didn't mess with other players as much as it does.

His 3 is what makes him viable for me. One shield in a corner or hallway or three shields in a triangle in an open space keep Volt standing against the shooty factions even when the actual tank frames are going down. The electric damage bonus and massive buff to my crit based guns are nothing to complain about either. Unfortunately I can't keep Volt alive against Eidolons (Umbra mods would ruin my build) but the people who can seem to make good use of the shields there as well. My only problem with his 3 is that carrying it gives too great a penalty.

His 4 even without the augment is strong. With the augment I get lots of overshields while frying the general area. Get zapped!

Good points, but the thing is I dont care to buff damage with his one, I want to deal it. Thats my point, I want to have fun using the powers, although not much would change for you since the augment would still be there regardless of my ideas. I concur on your point about speed. The way you use his third power would only improve if my suggestions would be implemented, Its just that I personally dont like sitting in one place, Again I made this so it would suit my adrenaline fueled play-style. I like fast action and love power fantasies.

31 minutes ago, (PS4)Prometheus_Steel said:

Good points, but the thing is I dont care to buff damage with his one, I want to deal it. Thats my point, I want to have fun using the powers, although not much would change for you since the augment would still be there regardless of my ideas. I concur on your point about speed. The way you use his third power would only improve if my suggestions would be implemented, Its just that I personally dont like sitting in one place, Again I made this so it would suit my adrenaline fueled play-style. I like fast action and love power fantasies.

I should probably add that I agree with most of your points as well, and having his abilities fully support even more playstyles than they already do would be a good thing. I actually wanted originally to play him as you do but between sharing your view of wanting to get full use of all his abilities while doing it and the frame itself being squishy I ended up going a different direction.

I do have concerns for what you want to do to 3 with the projection, and not only because I'm the kind of person who would accidently yeet it off somewhere when it really needed to be placed right in front of me. Currently the shield faces the direction Volt is looking at. Without some additional directional control (that would be difficult to implement and use) placing it farther away would be situationally useless. If you look over to the ally next to you across the room and place a shield to save them from the Nox in front of them, a shield that comes in sideways relative to that engagement will not do them any good. 

Edit: I went back and read the op again and you do cover this, but I still think it would be unwieldy. You would still have shields coming in sideways depending on the situation. The 90° rotation covers my scenario but what if the Nox is beside them Instead of in front, or what if you want to cover both ends of a hallway while you stand in the middle?

Edited by The_Fifth_Archon
Oops