Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Game Needs CrossPlay!!!

PriCe0ld

Maybe between XB1 and PS4 but I don't think it can be done with PC because of the update gap. Unless they make a separate cross-play client that runs the same version as consoles.

Edited by Guest

They haven't even made cross progression yet. Which is their first step. And that itself will happen god knows when. All they have said so far (a few months ago) is internally, they have had the team investigate how to do it with their current infrastructure and gave it to the department heads. not that its actively being developed as we speak.

vor 23 Minuten schrieb (XB1)The Neko Otaku:

the constant gap with updates.

When DE wants they can reales updates for Console pretty fast, the Empyrean update took only one day from PC to PS4 & Xbox before Christmas. That would mean they had to hold back the PC update for one Day but they way DE release updates that would be to long. Sometimes DE release a hotfix after a few hours on PC. Because Warframe is P2P they can release updates without much downtime. When Division gets updates you can't play for multiple hours.

1 hour ago, PriCe0ld said:

Me and my friends want to play this very good and fun game together but they have XBOX and I have PC means that we can't play together which it is  a shame.

Add cross play, please!!!

The player needs to learn do to research!

There are dozen of topics regarding CrossPlay/CrossPlatforming on the forums and the reasons why it might not happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Consoles with other consoles might be possible but console and PC crossplay be impossible with the constant gap with updates.

Well, they could make a 'Warframe, cross-play edition' for the PC that uses the Console build. But that only solves the technical problem not the 'Sony and Microsoft don't want to share' problem.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Thang Hung said:

It's 2020, let's get this show on the road! This is about 10 years overdue for the industry. 

It won't happen.  We PC players don't like delayed update schedules required to conform the consoles' certification process.

5 minutes ago, kgptzac said:

It won't happen.  We PC players don't like delayed update schedules required to conform the consoles' certification process.

While I understand your point of view, I'm sure there are plenty of PC Tenno that would rather wait on the updates and play with their friends regardless of their platform of choice. 

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Thang Hung said:

While I understand your point of view, I'm sure there are plenty of PC Tenno that would rather wait on the updates and play with their friends regardless of their platform of choice. 

And I'm sure there will be more PC players outraged by the slower update than those who sees this change as a fair exchange of pros and cons.  At very least, console players will have to endure buggier updates because PC players can't beta test for the console patches.

Just now, kgptzac said:

And I'm sure there will be more PC players outraged by the slower update than those who sees this change as a fair exchange of pros and cons.  At very least, console players will have to endure buggier updates because PC players can't beta test for the console patches.

I never said it would be a perfect system. Everything has it's pros and cons. 

If it were implemented 10 years ago, as it should have been... well that pre-dates Warframe and we wouldn't be having this discussion. 

I have buddies that play on PC, it would be nice if we could all play together. Or as they are newer to the game at least let me trade with them and give them some mods and stuff that could speed up their progression. 

In a world as connected as today's, you don't find it odd to be disconnected? I can litteraly use my phone to turn on my coffee pot. I would like to think your PC and my console could hopefully one day put their heads together and take control of this coffee pot dictated world. 

Just now, (XB1)Thang Hung said:

If it were implemented 10 years ago, as it should have been... well that pre-dates Warframe and we wouldn't be having this discussion. 

I think it's a quite an exaggeration to claim cross-play between PC and consoles for games the industry standard 10 years ago, when most of those games weren't immediately available on the PC.  Warframe was released first and foremost, a PC game, and it correctly remained a "PC-first" approach ever since the correct business decision to expanding to consoles.  However, games getting released in 2020 definitely should treat the prospect of cross-play more seriously than games that were released 5 and 10 years ago.

Consoles have and will continue to play by different rules than PC.  That's why they have and will have their exclusives for the foreseeable future despite the "resurgence" of cloud gaming, Microsoft's buddying up of xbox and PC, and Sony's general defiance in this matter.  It has nothing to do with you can turn on your coffee pot with your phone, which while totally off topic, should be something for you to think about the over-connectedness and network security implication of a post-IOT world.

2 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

The devs would love to!

But they sadly can't. They don't have the clout Rocket League enjoys

So clueless. DE originally developed Warframe on PC and PS4 with the idea to make it crossplay, since only Sony supported crossplay with PC at the start of this generation of consoles. During development of Warframe on PS4, DE realized that the certification process would not allow them to release and update content at the pace that PC required so crossplay with PS4 was abandoned, and the PS4 version was supported separately.

Fast forward to today and DE still doesn't release stable enough PC builds that can exist without significant hotfixes and patches. Other developers can manage crossplay fine because their updates are fully tested before release, but DE prefers to release content more quickly and testing/certification is not possible using their development method. It has nothing to do with clout as even Dauntless managed crossplay and they are significantly less popular than Warframe; it has to do with shipping stable updates at regular intervals.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, PriCe0ld said:

Me and my friends want to play this very good and fun game together but they have XBOX and I have PC means that we can't play together which it is  a shame.

Add cross play, please!!!

This game needs a lot of things.

49 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

DE realized that the certification process would not allow them to release and update content at the pace that PC required

Other developers can manage crossplay fine because their updates are fully tested before release, but DE prefers to release content more quickly and testing/certification is not possible using their development method. It has nothing to do with clout as even Dauntless managed crossplay and they are significantly less popular than Warframe; it has to do with shipping stable updates at regular intervals.

How long does Dauntless have to wait between an update being sent for cert and the update going live? Because DE is usually forced to wait weeks, and I am damn certain most of the really big clout games don't wait nearly that long. 

37 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

How long does Dauntless have to wait between an update being sent for cert and the update going live? Because DE is usually forced to wait weeks, and I am damn certain most of the really big clout games don't wait nearly that long. 

Where are you getting your information from because you are wrong. Certification requires requesting a slot from Sony and then getting a pass/fail. It typically takes under a week with the exception of major holidays like over Christmas break. We know this because DE tells us when updates are sent to cert and when they are released.