Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open feedback: Focus System

Enialyx

1 hour ago, Avienas said:

Never the less, most of the abilities are quite literally use`less niche gags which some require the existence of Arcane Energize to kill off the reason to NOT use Zenurik over all the others, With in addition the other reason to NOT use Zenurik, is to take Vazarin for Weapon/Warframe grinding maps like Hydron or to have that heal dash to heal defense targets in high level defense missions or long running sessions or even to have a easy way to heal your warframe.

Look, just because you think spamming energy with Zenurik is the only ability worth using doesn't mean you know what you're talking about when it comes to operator abilities.

Sorry, I don't think giving energy spam to all operator schools is the answer.

Operator abilities are useful beyond infinite health/energy pizzas.

14 hours ago, SpringRocker said:

Sorry, I don't think giving energy spam to all operator schools is the answer.

Energy spam for all schools?  No, I must agree that that is a bit much.

Energy generation at all for the other schools?  Oh god yes.
(and while we're at it, correct Unairu to actually be about resisting damage, like it's description says it does, and, y'know, like it used to do)

As it currently stands, to do any of the "high level" (lvl 110+ EDIT: 150+ enemies) you need to either:
Be using Zenurik for it's multiple ways to gain Warframe energy.
Be/have a Trinity spamming Energy Vampire on mooks.
Bring Dethcube Sentinel and that one Simaris mod that makes him fart out an energy-orb after he helps kill 10 enemies (Energy Generator)
EDIT: Or, do all three, Run Zenurik School, while playing Trinity with a Dethcube with Energy Generator.

There are no other sustainable/usefull ways to get enough energy to keep using Warframe abilities in level 150+ fights.  (and certainly not in level 200+ fights)

EDIT: I forgot about Harrow, but given how much better at energy generation trinity is, he'd need to be the guy running dethcube+zenurik

Edited by AriesGreyscale

II wish I could use the parazon to gain focus.

Let me explain better: I would like all the extra affinity that is gained by warframes and top-level weapons to go directly to the parazon.

As a result, lenses can only be inserted on the parazon and:

• on the parazon you can put a lens for each school;
  • you can remove a lens if you want to improve it, or do it directly on the parazon;
  • through a menu you can decide on which lens you collect affinity.

This way we are no longer forced to use a specific set of warframes and weapons to make ESO (no more 4 Saryn primein a squad).

Also I'd like a new set of waybound passive skills that influence the warframe instead of the operator. They may work similar to arcane or acolyte mods.

Wanting to use them to obtain energy they could be:

Madurai: from a damage-focused school, you might get a little energy every time you overdamage an enemy;

Naramorn: from a school focused on melee, little energy could be obtained based on maintaining the combo multiplier;

Vazarin: from a school focused on protection, we could get energy based on the damage absorbed by parrying;

Unairu: from the soldier's school, the energy would be obtained from crowd control (both with powers and with slam attack);

Zenurik: since we already have the energy dash, the ability in this case could be a reduction in the energy cost of the powers of the warframe after killing or crowd controlling enemies or whatelse...

OR, instead, we could add a system similar to the radial effect of syndicate weapons:

Each school gives a buff (or you use a single cool effect independent of the school) and you get points by performing certain actions as above (for zenurik, it would be the use of warframe's powers) based on the unlocked waybound.

alternatively, instead of a buff, we could use a powerful operator ability like the mega-ray of transcendence, obviously improved. You get points as above and when you are charged, you can use uber-power.

Edited by (PS4)Tekikko
Better writing

The only change I would make to focus farming is to change the % on the lens's.

With an affinity booster and Lua Lens's I actually put a dent in my daily focus cap just playing normal missions and stuff.  

• Garbage Lens = 3%
  • Greater Lens = 5%
  • Eidolon Lens = 7%
  • Lua Lens = 10%  

The above is more generous than what is currently available with affinity booster.  Which is 3.25 x2 for each spot with a lua lens aka 7%.  

If they wanted to be super nice to the player base...

• Garbage lens = 5%
  • Greater Lens = 10%
  • Eidolon Lens = 15% 
  • Lua Lens = 20%

That would be insanely awesome.  People would have no problem maxing out their capacity every day just playing whatever content they wanted. 

----------------------------------

I thought I had unlocked all my waybounds but I have two more to go...  I need to expand my Point Pool ALOT and I also want to unlock a bunch of normal nodes.   I dont do Tridolons so I have to grind all that pretty slowly.  ESO is a horrible broken mess so fighting there for focus is not even an option unless I have a booster and then I will make one attempt and put up with all the host migrations and fail frames.  

Either one of the above improved focus gain from lens would let me make a ton of progress if not max out. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If your talking about more than focus gain....  I would love for all the nodes in a school to be independant of one another. 

For example in Zenurik if I want void mode to pull in enemies I first have to go through another node that deals AoE damage when your in the void.  Now these two abilities are perfect together but the order in which you have to unlock them blows.   ANY time you want to have the pull you also MUST do damage.   What If I want to pull enemies to me and NOT do damage??  Its not possible.  

Im sure there are many other nodes like that.   If I could just activate the pull node without the damage node that would be great.  Each school should just be a list of abilities that you pay for and activate or de-activate.    

I'd love for more farmable focus redemption items, Eidolons are nice and all but waiting for the night cycle just means you never get to fight them when you actually want to, Next open world zone (probably mars) should have the opposite with a boss only available during the day.

Edited by Sir-Swerving