Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reduce animations.


PunishedWelfare
 Share

Recommended Posts

There are lots of unnecessary animations in this game, but they're most apparent in railjack. Interacting with anything on the railjack triggers absurdly long animations every single time.

For what, aesthetics?

They become very tiresome (especially in the forge) and nobody wants to waste time on such a trivial thing. Please understand that function takes priority over form, not the other way around.

All animations for interacting with parts of the railjack should be sped up. They're killing the fast pace of the game.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Apsurdlly long? How long is that? Two seconds? Only example of an animation being wrong is in the Forge.
Everything else is just fine, tastefully long/short and not out of place.

If you don't have time to wait for two seconds, I suggest you don't play Warframe or anything else until you do what you're supposed to be doing instead of waiting TWO SECONDS for an animation to finish.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You're not the only one. The whole in-ship interface for railjack is extremely obnoxious, like it's trying to actively get in your way at every point.

 

21 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

Apsurdlly long? How long is that? Two seconds? Only example of an animation being wrong is in the Forge.
Everything else is just fine, tastefully long/short and not out of place.

If you don't have time to wait for two seconds, I suggest you don't play Warframe or anything else until you do what you're supposed to be doing instead of waiting TWO SECONDS for an animation to finish.

2 seconds is a very long time in this game. For instance, the shields on your ship go down in half a second of even slightly concentrated fire. Warfarm is very fast-paced, and responses to player actions should reflect that.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

You're not the only one. The whole in-ship interface for railjack is extremely obnoxious, like it's trying to actively get in your way at every point.

 

2 seconds is a very long time in this game. For instance, the shields on your ship go down in half a second of even slightly concentrated fire. Warfarm is very fast-paced, and responses to player actions should reflect that.

 

Well then I do suggest you take measures you're not in a situation where your shields will go down that fast. But shields are ignorable. Armor and Health are your line of defense. I haven't run into an issue where those animations have cost me anything. Work to fix your issue instead of thinking there is an issue with the game. Adapt. It's like someone is saying they keep dying but don't roll or move very much in fights.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

Well then I do suggest you take measures you're not in a situation where your shields will go down that fast. But shields are ignorable. Armor and Health are your line of defense. I haven't run into an issue where those animations have cost me anything. Work to fix your issue instead of thinking there is an issue with the game. Adapt. It's like someone is saying they keep dying but don't roll or move very much in fights.

This is more a case where, when you press the roll button, your character stops and flexes for a bit before actually moving like they're supposed to. It's the game actively getting in my way and not doing the things which I'm telling it to do.

Shields are just one example. Especially in the earlier game, it's extremely hard to get away from a cloud of fighters (for instance, you're out of batteries/missiles and need powers or ordnance to kill the fighter swarm). You get a few seconds respite before they catch right up to you. Taking more damage purely because I had to sit through some pointless animation is not good gameplay design. I've reached the construction area/turret/launcher/whatever. I've done my part. The game needs to stop interfering with the gameplay.

The problem here is one of annoyance more than anything else. Forcing me to stab this block thing and then haul it down adds nothing to the gameplay. Forcing a long transition time for getting in and getting out of a turret adds nothing of value, and can easily get you killed if you've been boarded and the boarders are all shooting at you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...