Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survial missions not providing enough reactant

Electra-VIIX

Is anyone having this problem?  I've had 3 survival missions do this to me in just a week.  Either the mobs are spread too far across the maps or the mobs aren't dropping enough reactant before time runs out.  It's 5 minutes of my time playing that the game is wasting if it doesn't fulfill its part of the mission.  I don't want my time to be wasted. 

Perhaps they need to tweak their drop rate on reactant so this can't happen?  I get it can be more challenging when you're in a party and spread all over the map.  But, solo'g and killing plenty of fissure mobs should not end without dropping enough reactant.  Please be mindful of players' time, game developers.  We spend a lot of time playing games, but please tweak  your end so that reactant drops without wasting our time.  Our time is valuable too.

An unspoken (and pretty much ignored) rule would be to stick together while gathering Reactant, because spawns tend to get weird when the entire team is spread across the map. Also, as KnossosTNC said, waiting enemies to be fully Corrupted grants a much more certain Reactant drop. 
That said, Reactant drop rates aren't exactly a problem. The only mode where gathering Reactant becomes a bit of an issue has been, in my experience, Excavation, because sometimes players activate Excavators too fast and somebody falls behind. 

Generally don't play missions you can one shot enemies. Or learn to scale back your damage. Need need to give them a tick to change. Also make sure you all stay together (lol like that will happen) so all the fissures are near by and not missed. 

I played a game recently where the four of us were all off doing our own thing. It was time for extraction and a two of us didn’t have enough reactant. I combed through every spot on the map and found a large quantity tucked away in the corner of the map.

If everyone is spread out there’s a good chance there’s a cluster about somewhere.

The solo tip is great too as the majority of my star chart clear was done solo and I hadn’t previously had any issues finding the reactant.

Sooo when your in a react mission portals open, turn the guys yellow. Thing is they tend to stick to 1 player then switch off them to another player. So, if your cluelessly walking around ignoring it or just trying to get it to drop from anything you’ll be sol.

Next time look at the player profiles on the right of your screen. It shows health mana and number of react found. Follow the player who has the most as it’s all going to spawn by them.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm solo'g these missions.  I use whatever survival mission is available in fissures.  And though I wait for them to corrupt before I attack, there is still an issue with the game not providing enough mobs to drop enough reactant in the 5 minute time period.  I don't like my time being wasted in this game and by not providing enough reactant for players solo'g a survival missions is wasting our valuable time.  Maybe people don't see playing games as time well spent, but it certainly isn't well spent in a game that is wasting our time and not rewarding our time invested in their game.

And when the game wastes my time when I'm farming for reactant and duckets, I just go play something else where my time in game is rewarded properly.

Edited by Electra-VIIX