Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Power Attack, not just toggle

Xarteros

Quick note:

• Make it that pressing the Power Attack button automatically equips your melee and starts making the charge attack.
  • It's cumbersome that you have to manually equip melee first, or make a melee attack before your Power Attack button will do anything at all.
  • This needs to apply in-air as well. It should be no different in function from the quick-melee button, but for charge attacks

Side note:

• Add the toggle option for holding attacks, as so many players have asked for. Doesn't hurt anyone to have a choice in the matter, and it'd make a lot of players feel more comfortable and interrupt their combo chains less frequently
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Its used as alt fire for guns thats why you need to switch to melee.

Uh, no?

My heavy attack is bound to 'C', and my alt fire for guns is always bound to Mouse 4.

That's not the case as far as I'm aware, and if that's the problem then the change is as simple as splitting the two keybindings apart. I'll check when I have time, but they couldn't have just added heavy attack to alt fire, unless they rebound it forcibly to 'C' (I don't use alt fires enough to notice if they'd forcibly rebound it away from M4)

Edited by Xarteros
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Xarteros said:

Uh, no?

My heavy attack is bound to 'C', and my alt fire for guns is always bound to Mouse 4.

That's not the case as far as I'm aware, and if that's the problem then the change is as simple as splitting the two keybindings apart. I'll check when I have time, but they couldn't have just added heavy attack to alt fire, unless they rebound it forcibly to 'C' (I don't use alt fires enough to notice if they'd forcibly rebound it away from M4)

It could be the fact that he is on console and you are on PC. On console the heavy attack and alt fire are one in the same. they are alternate attacks/modes based off of what you have equipt.

Edited by (XB1)DarkForceLegend
grammer

28 minutes ago, (XB1)DarkForceLegend said:

It could be the fact that he is on console and you are on PC. On console the heavy attack and alt fire are one in the same. they are alternate attacks/modes based off of what you have equipt.

if that's the case, then there's no reason that PC can't get a fix for it.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Its used as alt fire for guns thats why you need to switch to melee.

Though true, there's a decently simple fix: prioritize input results. If an equipped weapon has an alt fire on a given heavy attack keybind, use it; otherwise, default to melee heavy attack. If it's rebound to a blank key, it won't have a higher priority input and will, thus, perform a heavy attack straight out the gate. Same if one equips their melee weapon. Likewise, any console player can equip any weapon without an alt fire and have it just as available.

Just now, Tyreaus said:

Though true, there's a decently simple fix: prioritize input results. If an equipped weapon has an alt fire on a given heavy attack keybind, use it; otherwise, default to melee heavy attack. If it's rebound to a blank key, it won't have a higher priority input and will, thus, perform a heavy attack straight out the gate. Same if one equips their melee weapon. Likewise, any console player can equip any weapon without an alt fire and have it just as available.

that would work nicely as a compromise for console players who don't have the luxury of extra keys. Nice call

3 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

While I don't use heavy attacks that much, I do like this solution.

2 hours ago, Xarteros said:

if that's the case, then there's no reason that PC can't get a fix for it.

PC had a fix when Melee Phase 2 was released, which was the removal of "Hold <bind> for Heavy Attack" and give it a bind of its own.

However, 14zy p30p13 that refused to adapt went on a rampaging outcry that actually forced DE to revert that fix. So, yeah, those that actually use Melee weapons got ruined by them because stance combos continue to be interrupted due to "Hold <bind> for Heavy Attacks" mechanic, which was one of the plagues of Melee Phase 1.

There is no "Technique" to be had on Melee if it gets consistently interrupted like there's no tomorrow.