Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Veil Proxima, Squads and Ressources.

o0Despair0o

So basically, my RJ is completely stock because I see no valid reason to build anything other than MK3 parts given the time it takes to level 1 intrinsic to 7 with a booster and by jumping between random crews.

So I got tactics to 7, and the other ones to somewhere between 5 and 2 each.

Unlocked Veil and... wow. Nobody's here. At all. None, nada, niet.

Only the first node you get in Veil, whatever the name, at the bottom of the map, almost always has people playing it. But everything else is completely empty.

I'm trying to unlock them all so that I can make sure I have all nodes unlocked for when this damn sentient ship decides to show itself somewhere.

But there just isn't anyone.

So now I'm trying to max out my ship with MK3 parts to go there myself. And JEEEEEESUS CHRIST these ressource costs. Who thought that 15-20K ressources for mediocre MK3 lavan guns was a good idea? I got a wreck for a decent MK3 carcinox (or however you spell that) and I can't even afford it after all this time of grinding on saturn for intrinsics because Veil addes yet even more ressources.

Like the triple-RNG for RJ drops wasn't bad enough, noooooo, here's 20 additional different hard-AF-to-get ressources just to waste your time. And you need thousands of them, FOR EVERY SINGLE PART!

Guns? 20K+.

Reactor? 20K, maybe even 30, who knows. Haven't had the honor of finding one yet.

Shields? You guessed it.

Engines? Damn right, baby.

Seriously, I can see the point in artificially increasing the amount of play time required to max things out just to keep people busy for a while, but this is insulting.

Not like there's much to keep you interested regardless, anyway, since literally every single RJ mission is the exact same only with a different skybox and more bullet sponges.

Oh, and the bugs! Where do I start? 

The ship interior becoming invisible and being unable to interact with anything after getting auto-ejected from a turret?

Markers disappearing into the void?

Mods getting uninstalled until revival rendering your weapons useless?

360° turrets (gunnery rank 2) being blocked by eternal darkness making it impossible to see anything?

Ruptures being unable to be fixed if joining after they showed up?

The camera being placed above you and your controls being disabled if exiting the slingshot instead of firing?

ALL OF THAT HAPPENING IN ONE AND THE SAME MISSION?

(oh, and your kavat becoming cat-zilla when boarding)

Seriously, who tested this sh*t at DE? The unpaid intern?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

JEEEEEESUS CHRIST these ressource costs

pretty much. now that the novelty of the mode has worn off, you won't find as many people in the Veil unless they're farming Gian Point for the drops (because it's fastest) and whatever specific node the Anomaly is on if they haven't gotten the Shedu yet (or if they're crazy enough to try for that Tenebrous Ephemera). you won't find many squads elsewhere until the next update most likely.

couldn't agree more about the resource costs. they're completely ludicrous for the amount you get. they fixed Asterite supposedly, I hope Titanium gets the same treatment.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

I have managed to obtain the mk 3 parts i needed and used the drones to fix them up.  I got my shedu last night.  At this point i will only be running sayurn and earth missions.  Because zekti hyperstrike and frontal artillary avionics don't drop in the veil.

And i need them for my turrets to be good in the veil.  The rng and locations of drops are awful.  And really resource costs are too high when gains are too low.

Pc got a hotfix to help resources console has gotten nothing.

Cut costs in half. Triple resource drop rates. And only give us railjack resources for the missions.  No more regular resources like ferrite, rubido, cryoptic, etc.

Despite bugs and faultsi do generally have fun just cracking skulls though.

I'm always trying to host missions in Veil with my decked out Railjack but it takes its time finding me teammates while I sit for several minutes in the mission.

Everyone jumps onto one node in Veil that has no missions other than "kill x enemies" while complaining all missions are the same (irony is not lost here).

Everyone blames a flawed system but they all want to exploit the flaw and contribute to it, hypocrites.

The resource costs however are staggering, I understand them wanting us to have progression but no one wants to waste resources on lower tier stuff when everything is so damn expensive. It would be PRETTY AWESOME DE, LISTEN HERE DE, DE LISTEN! If you reduced the cost of Tier 2 by the cost of Tier 1 if you have that Tier 2's predecessor built. This would allow for TIER PROGRESSION without actual loss of resources and time.

• Like 2

All I can say is: Particle Ram.

Use a rank 0.  It costs the least avionics and still breaks all space crates.  That means it's super affordable for basically being the best/only thing for speeding up resource farming.

5 minutes ago, zehne said:

All I can say is: Particle Ram.

Use a rank 0.  It costs the least avionics and still breaks all space crates.  That means it's super affordable for basically being the best/only thing for speeding up resource farming.

The issue with resources is the cost amount is too high. It's not a matter of speed. But costs to gains.

Mk3 parts cost 20k titanium and other resources for example. At best i have gotten 750 ish titanium after 30 minutes of scouring everything.

It's important we gain the resources we need. If a mk3 part requires 20k titanium and other resources a veil mission should automatically reward us at least half that.  Having to run missions hundreds of time to build a part that with rng mite become instantly useless is just bad.

If we where playing a space battle game where we had to repair, refuel, and resupply after each mission via ingame credits.  Then we need to gain double the creds needed to repair.  Otherwise you never have the resources to upgrade.

In warcraft back in wrath expacsion.  You gained about 10k gold from leveling in the new expansion via quests and vendoring items. Once you hit a certain level you could buy flying for 5k gold.  So the game design was setup to balance out for example.

If you can get to Gian Point, a lot of players run that.

Also, use https://semlar.com/anomaly or another Sentient Anomaly tracker. There are almost always players running anomalies when they show up, and most of the players who were speed-farming for Shedu parts seem to be done, as all of my recent pub matches on Sentient Anomaly nodes have been fine.

Weird how still get that kind of bug. Are you going solo when experiencing the bug? If yes, perhaps you're sort of cursed since last time I see a bug is equinox clothes getting stretched and nothing else

For resources? Posit Cluster on earth, sometimes I get things like trachons and komms albeit very rare

1 hour ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

If you can get to Gian Point, a lot of players run that.

Also, use https://semlar.com/anomaly or another Sentient Anomaly tracker. There are almost always players running anomalies when they show up, and most of the players who were speed-farming for Shedu parts seem to be done, as all of my recent pub matches on Sentient Anomaly nodes have been fine.

I just did the anomaly on "*something's* Grave" in the bottom left of the map.

2 attempts is all I got out of it. 1 gave the the Erra quest which I just completed, and the other gave me nothing.

All because everyone keeps just abandoning the mission the second we get to the crystal at the end.

Like, I didn't even see what drop we got before I get 2 host migrations in a row. Heck, do I even need to destroy the crystal for drops, or just kill all 20 enemies? I can't tell because I just don't even get to frickin see anything thanks to the A-word hosts.

How am I supposed to get even any part at all if I can't complete the mission because everyone keeps leaving? Like, if you're gonna speedrun with no second thought for the poor sods in your squad, at least frickin tell us or go solo for christ's sake. I hate those people already.

1 hour ago, 844448 said:

Weird how still get that kind of bug. Are you going solo when experiencing the bug? If yes, perhaps you're sort of cursed since last time I see a bug is equinox clothes getting stretched and nothing else

For resources? Posit Cluster on earth, sometimes I get things like trachons and komms albeit very rare

I only joined public crews so far since I'm trying to get MK3 parts before I spend anything on my ship.

I already got Zetki Bulkhead and Hull Weave, but only Lavan Hyperstrike. So once I got Zetki Hyperstrike and all the fancy MK3 parts, I'm gonna need to farm for weeks to get the ressources, and THEN I'm gonna use my own ship.

10 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

I just did the anomaly on "*something's* Grave" in the bottom left of the map.

2 attempts is all I got out of it. 1 gave the the Erra quest which I just completed, and the other gave me nothing.

All because everyone keeps just abandoning the mission the second we get to the crystal at the end.

Like, I didn't even see what drop we got before I get 2 host migrations in a row. Heck, do I even need to destroy the crystal for drops, or just kill all 20 enemies? I can't tell because I just don't even get to frickin see anything thanks to the A-word hosts.

How am I supposed to get even any part at all if I can't complete the mission because everyone keeps leaving? Like, if you're gonna speedrun with no second thought for the poor sods in your squad, at least frickin tell us or go solo for christ's sake. I hate those people already.

I only joined public crews so far since I'm trying to get MK3 parts before I spend anything on my ship.

I already got Zetki Bulkhead and Hull Weave, but only Lavan Hyperstrike. So once I got Zetki Hyperstrike and all the fancy MK3 parts, I'm gonna need to farm for weeks to get the ressources, and THEN I'm gonna use my own ship

The veil only drops certain zetki avionics. Zetki hyperstrike is a drop from saturn only.

Thats what im now farming for specific avionics. Took about 30 publuc runs on other folks ships and 8 rush repair drones to get my own ship to be good enough to do veil missions to farm shedu. Of course only in terms of survival and missles. My guns are weak. I need the zetki hyperstrike from saturn.

I got my last shedu part yesterday.  Of course now that i have it. I wont be doing veil missions at all. Spam saturn time.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

Alright, so I did some reading.

Apparently parts drop from specific enemies in the sentient ship with a ~4% chance.

Given the small amount of enemies, I can see this being a pain in the butt.

Hell, maybe I'm just gonna end up breaking my own rule and buy the parts, since I can't be bothered to put up with these hosts.

47 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

I already got Zetki Bulkhead and Hull Weave, but only Lavan Hyperstrike. So once I got Zetki Hyperstrike and all the fancy MK3 parts, I'm gonna need to farm for weeks to get the ressources, and THEN I'm gonna use my own ship.

Try putting those element resistance like heatsink, phasic weave etc. They're quite a lifesaver for 50% reduction before counting armor

28 minutes ago, (PS4)Herrwann69 said:

Why so much negativity ? Cannot you enjoy the bugs, the mindless grind, the dumb rng and the absence of fun and enjoyment in Railjack in silence ? What did you wanted ? A good game mode ? How ungrateful you are !

Indeed, how dare I have expectations?

I should be ashamed.

2 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

As a quick note: with Mk III parts, you can easily get by with Lavan Hyperstrike (I know this from experience; I don't have Zetki Hyperstrike). Zetki is obviously a big boost, but Lavan works. You'll chew up the Veil enemies regardless.

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

1 hour ago, o0Despair0o said:

Alright, so I did some reading.

Apparently parts drop from specific enemies in the sentient ship with a ~4% chance.

Given the small amount of enemies, I can see this being a pain in the butt.

Hell, maybe I'm just gonna end up breaking my own rule and buy the parts, since I can't be bothered to put up with these hosts.

So using my own ship so i would be host i got all my shedu parts in about a dozen sentient ship clears. 

And it took me about a dozen runs doing vell missions with other tennos ships and 8 repair drones. Before my own ship had at least the defenses and missle damage to actually do veil missions with it.

Still need better hyperstrike and frontal artillary avionics atm so my turrets are actually worth a dam in the veil though.

And no ephemera drop either.

I have got my ship in a good state,

got most of the weapons and an acceptable reactor (82 capacity) with very good engines (Vidar 58 speed) and shields (Zetki with 1.8 second delay, 6.6% recharge ) with good battle avionics and other Zetki avionics. 

I host most of my missions in pub, and can manage solo, but a squad (even one more person) makes things significantly more convenient. 

I still hate the grind, the drop chance, the multilevel RNG, I very rarely run more than 3 missions in a single session cause I get tired of it and most drops are worse than what I already have,

I don't even care much about the drops anymore, I would really like some more variation in the missions.