Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arsenal Focus Display

(PSN)Bubozk3

Question

Please, for the love of... I am going nuts trying to figure this out. This guy might have, too. I hope he is sane and safe somewhere.

No matter which way I slice the "Unlocks", I cannot figure out what the "#/18 Unlocked" is counting on the arsenal display screen.

I've checked Fandom, I've read through the conversation I linked and nothing seems to work. I refuse to believe it's a UI bug that nobody else has noticed or addressed. It's too obvious.

It seems that it should be counting the 10 nodes per Focus School and the additional 8 that are available by un-binding two additional abilities in the four other schools that are not currently set to active.

That doesn't check-out when applying that logic to all schools, rotating each as active and recounting.

I've tried assigning a value of 1 per unlocked node and 2 per available un-bound; nope.

I've tried assigning a value of 2 for the center node, 1 for every other unlocked node and 1 (and also 2) per un-bound abilities; nope.

Please, please can somebody with better math skills or a different way of thinking take a crack at this? Or, link me to the answer if there is already one?

I'm in a state of disbelief with all the players, YT videos, streamers and wikis that there's no conclusion or info on this already...

Edited by (PS4)Bubozk3

5 answers to this question

21 hours ago, (NSW)Quarky said:

in your consideration of "b" above, you are assuming the node must be "unbound" when I believe what you should be looking for is simply "unlocked" for the way bound nodes in schools other than your active.

This was the final piece that nudged me into understanding.

Azlen, now that I understand precisely how this is being counted I reread your initial reply. You said the same thing. The conclusion escaped me though because I was confused based on the active focus school displaying additional unbound abilities vs having to manually navigate into each other focus school to manually count each unlocked waybound. I was only counting what was displayed on the active schools' ability tree.

Thank you both for your input, I can finally move on with my life! 😁👍

I've adjusted the formula to the following. If someone reading this has a wiki account, would you please consider adding this to the arsenal page with a spoiler tag? 

Arsenal Focus School Display

"[FOCUS SCHOOL]

X/18 Unlocked"

X = A + B

A is the sum of currently UNLOCKED ability nodes in the active [FOCUS SCHOOL]. {n = 0 - 10}

B is the sum of UNLOCKED waybound abilities from other focus schools. (Note: To be counted, the waybound ability simply needs to be unlocked. No further ability progression or unbinding is needed to be counted for the display number.) {n = 0 - 8}

1 hour ago, (PS4)Bubozk3 said:

Please, for the love of... I am going nuts trying to figure this out. This guy might have, too. I hope he is sane and safe somewhere.

No matter which way I slice the "Unlocks", I cannot figure out what the "#/18 Unlocked" is counting on the arsenal display screen.

I've checked Fandom, I've read through the conversation I linked and nothing seems to work. I refuse to believe it's a UI bug that nobody else has noticed or addressed. It's too obvious.

It seems that it should be counting the 10 nodes per Focus School and the additional 8 that are available by un-binding two additional abilities in the four other schools that are not currently set to active.

That doesn't check-out when applying that logic to all schools, rotating each as active and recounting.

I've tried assigning a value of 1 per unlocked node and 2 per available un-bound; nope.

I've tried assigning a value of 2 for the center node, 1 for every other unlocked node and 1 (and also 2) per un-bound abilities; nope.

Please, please can somebody with better math skills or a different way of thinking take a crack at this? Or, link me to the answer if there is already one?

I'm in a state of disbelief with all the players, YT videos, streamers and wikis that there's no conclusion or info on this already...

Heya! I'm glad to report that I am indeed safe and sane 🙂  And more importantly, I also figured out this issue some time ago! I probably should've updated that post to spare anyone else's sanity haha! I'm sorry you had to go through it as I did, but allow me to explain the counting. It's actually frustratingly simple.

For each of the schools, the tally shows x/18.
You are indeed correct that this is the 10 nodes of the currently active tree, in addition to the 8 Waybound nodes from the other 4 inactive schools (at 2 possible each per school).

The reason it's so confusing on its' counting method is that, if you are like me, the numbers aren't adding up whether you're counting leveled nodes, active nodes vs inactive nodes, or altering point values.
In reality they all have 1 point value (1/18) but the thing is, their tally gets added once they get UNLOCKED, not once they have any additional points in them.
So you may have a node unlocked, but that individual node appears to have none of its' little balls filled. Thus looking like it wouldn't count. But it does actually count towards the tally. What you should be looking for is any node that has a LOCK symbol next to it.

So in summary:
all nodes that you have without a lock symbol on the main tree (max 10)
plus any additional waybounds you have available to you currently in that main school supplied from other schools (max 8.)
should equal your x/18 number
which if you then add the number of LOCK symbols you still see on your main tree (Max 10) will equal 18.

I hope that helps and makes the numbers on your tree check out correctly like it did for mine 🙂 and if you need anything else don't be afraid to right back and I'll see if I can clarify better if it's still not adding up!
Best wishes, fellow tenno!
~Azlen

• Like 1

Azlen, I'm beyond comprehension that you're okay and that you also decided to help!

Thank you.

Care to take this a step further? I'm hoping another Tenno reads this and decides to add the information to a wiki as I don't have an account.

If I'm understanding what you're saying, it's as follows:

"[FOCUS SCHOOL]

X/18 Unlocked"

x = a + b; where

a is the number of currently unlocked ability nodes in the active [FOCUS SCHOOL],

b is the number of available abilities in the active [FOCUS SCHOOL] supplied only from other schools' successfully unbound abilities.

As a math check, adding up the remaining number of LOCKED abilities' should net you a total of 18/18.

20 hours ago, Azlen said:

Unfortunately, for me, that doesn't check out when applying the logic to each school.

Example picture below: My ACTIVE Vazarin focus school displays in my arsenal as, "Vazarin 15/18 Unlocked." Looking at my ability tree, I have no padlocks on any of the Vazarin abilities. In this case, a = 10.

The available number of unbound abilities I have from other focus schools is 1, Void Siphon. In this case, b = 1.

That should display 11/18, but is displaying as 15/18.

Where are the other four points coming from?

(Nevermind, I can't upload a pic without first uploading somewhere else and linking. I can't be bothered, I guess we'll all have to trust I can perform double-digit addition.)

Edited by (PS4)Bubozk3

Let's see.... I'm thinking that in your consideration of "b" above, you are assuming the node must be "unbound" when I believe what you should be looking for is simply "unlocked" for the way bound nodes in schools other than your active. I believe x/18 number will count all "unlocked" but "still bound" way bound nodes.