Jump to content
Ryme

Just remove the stealth exp bonus?

Recommended Posts

From changing control schemes to the enemy AI, it seems like DE is constantly making changes to prevent people from farming the stealth bonus. At present, the only way to build up and maintain the stealth bonus throughout a stealth run is to use Ivara or maybe Equinox(?). Every other frame or weapon that incorporates stealth mechanics like invisibility or silenced noise, will still be unable to build up and maintain the stealth bonus throughout a mission, due to how the alert system functions. Dying grunt too loud? Nearby enemies alerted, Immovable deceased hit box spotted? Enemies alerted. At this rate, why even keep that mechanic in the game if mechanics are constantly changed to prevent players from utilizing it?

Edited by Ryme
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Ryme said:

why even keep that mechanic in the game if mechanics are constantly changed to prevent players from utilizing it?

because DE dont make sense.

just like their lore related items that we get from NW

just like the absolute inconsistency in the lore

just like the way they update and adapt their game then forgetting about other stuff.

Edited by 8faiNt
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has there been any official response regarding the broken stealth multiplier? Been like this for many months now but have yet to see any response if it's intended or just a side effect of how they made enemies a lot more alert (they notice silenced hit-scan bullets before getting shot by them if not stunned or sleeping).

At least we still have Ivara, works in missions where enemies home in on your position even if you haven't triggered alarms and while using invisibility (Railjack and Nightmare missions at least)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Unimira said:

Has there been any official response regarding the broken stealth multiplier? Been like this for many months now but have yet to see any response if it's intended or just a side effect of how they made enemies a lot more alert (they notice silenced hit-scan bullets before getting shot by them if not stunned or sleeping).

At least we still have Ivara, works in missions where enemies home in on your position even if you haven't triggered alarms and while using invisibility (Railjack and Nightmare missions at least)

Until Railjack came out, I don't think most people cared enough that DE broke it. The stealth system was a good way to farm for affinity, but then DE put in a bunch of other mechanics and game modes to farm for exp and affinity with.

This is also why I question why the stealth exp is still in the game, because it seems like DE has gone out of their way to both break and replace it for a good while now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-01-14 at 5:52 PM, (PS4)Vylnce said:

Because Ivara should be your Queen?

While I'm a die-hard Ivara proponent, this really shouldn't be the case that Ivara is the only frame that can consistently get and keep Stealth Multipliers. 

  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

While I'm a die-hard Ivara proponent, this really shouldn't be the case that Ivara is the only frame that can consistently get and keep Stealth Multipliers. 

True.  It would be nice if they adjusted Loki so you could recast invisibility before it ran out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (PS4)Vylnce said:

True.  It would be nice if they adjusted Loki so you could recast invisibility before it ran out.

That's a whole different issue, and would basically be what every frame with a non-channeled effect would LOVE to be able to do.

They're referring to the stealth execution bonus, which continuous invisibility isn't really required for. The reason Ivara is the only frame that can maintain the stealth exp multiplier is because of her sleep arrow.

Edited by Ryme
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unlike co-op players that promote leeching in ESO and Hydron to level weapons while doing nothing, stealth affinity is the only decent way to level solo. If they remove stealth affinity then remove shared affinity at the same time. Just let the affinity from frame kills go towards our own weapons and companions since those things are miserable to put forma on. Who knows, maybe this could stop affinity leeching to an extent. People afk, they get nothing but wasted time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, --Brandt-- said:

Unlike co-op players that promote leeching in ESO and Hydron to level weapons while doing nothing, stealth affinity is the only decent way to level solo. If they remove stealth affinity then remove shared affinity at the same time. Just let the affinity from frame kills go towards our own weapons and companions since those things are miserable to put forma on. Who knows, maybe this could stop affinity leeching to an extent. People afk, they get nothing but wasted time.

I have no problems with that either. The only reason frames like Saryn are tolerated, is because of affinity sharing. Once that gets removed, there will come a surge of demand to balance all the frames. You will also see a ton of threads about "kill steal/hogging" and "door/hall campers." I'm speaking from experience, as that's basically what happened as soon as closed beta started with Volt and Excalibur. Affinity sharing is just a bandaid on the balance issues between the frames.

Edited by Ryme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...