Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 30


(XBOX)ERICK001BC
 Share

Recommended Posts

I been thinking, what is going to happen once we hit mastery rank 30? Will that door open and be the start off to the new operator grownup phase? Would this be a good way to kind of reset the game and continue it instead of dropping it with a sequel game? I am thinking those founders will be the first to know, but how close are we with the new railjack and kuva lich weapons? 

It really is something that intrigues me and I really hope it is going to be something that changes the game, not to drastically however. Would you be okay with losing all your weapons and starting over (similar to how Destiny 2 did it.) What are your thought? I haven't heard or read anything but speculations on what might happen once we hit mr 30. I am only 27, close to 28 but only time will tell.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After mr 19 its just fluff honestly.

Till it gives me something of actual use or really spiffy cosmetics mr doesn't mean much.

I am hoping duviri paradox will really overhaul operaters.  Maybe a real character creator with proper sliders and the ability to set their age. Perhap void psi melee weapons. Etc.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

After mr 19 its just fluff honestly.

Till it gives me something of actual use or really spiffy cosmetics mr doesn't mean much.

I am hoping duviri paradox will really overhaul operaters.  Maybe a real character creator with proper sliders and the ability to set their age. Perhap void psi melee weapons. Etc.

It's funny you say that, with the new veil rail jack weapon (no spoilers) it seems to be almost identical to the one that was used in their previous Dark Sector game. They have been teasing arm cannons for a while now, and with amps that was as far as we went.

A better customization would be nice, but i definitely think its a one way door. Once we past that threshold there is no going back. 

I don't think MR actually matters, if it did I would be able to trust mr 20+ to actually do a spy mission without failing. Though skill based with mr is a whole other topic, I only started to grind after MR 10 i think (after i got dragon nikana at the time) Just because I was bored. 

Though we never know if they increase the affinity pool from mr 29-30 just so they can prolong it.

14 minutes ago, Vaeldious said:

Youll have to forma your operator and relevel back up to get to MR32.

Guessing Operators will also have mod slots, and formals, like all other warframes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, (XB1)ERICK001BC said:

instead of dropping it with a sequel game

This is inevitable. Mastery rank is the only progression system we have. Once MR30 becomes reachable, DE will stop adding new content. The number in your profile is the entire point of the game after all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Probably nothing. Theres no real reason for them to make higher ranks and no reason they can't just save your affinity points past 30 like the ones that intentionally ignoring rank up tests. A new weapon for each rank past 30 would be nice and an incentive to players to rank up. Though something like "supreme super duper master with extra cheese" rank sounds fun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Xaero said:

This is inevitable. Mastery rank is the only progression system we have. Once MR30 becomes reachable, DE will stop adding new content. The number in your profile is the entire point of the game after all.

The way DE is going, dropping content seems to be the opposite of what they are doing. I feel they are fuddling the game with content, obviously fluffing its life spam. But the way its's been going lately seems like they are going more ambitious with the evolution of the game, sometimes forgetting the better things that made the game enjoyable. I mean when was the last time they had a "real" event that wasn't repeated a few months after?

 

9 minutes ago, DissentWomble said:

 Though something like "supreme super duper master with extra cheese" rank sounds fun.

So will they remove the numbers and just add pictures of Cheesburgers that stack?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They could just do a similar thing to how login rewards dont give new stuff anymore after the 1000 day reward: have each "overrank" give you a resource cache of some kind. The thing that I wish would happen at MR 30 is that we dont have to relevel our weapons anymore after forma'ing but I dont have high hopes that this would ever happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd guess just a cosmetic if anything. Maybe something like the tactical alert emblem that changes with each event but here changing with each rank past 30.

DE doesn't do exclusivity beyond founders and the relatively small population of players that will ever bother going for mr30 anything locked behind it might as well be exclusive. Plus mr30 is an arbitrary value that we only suspect as a cap from the achievements that have existed for years now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

I just hope DE doesn't do a 'Rebirth' mechanics where we start all over from MR0 for some extra perk that's meaningless. Or worse, have statistical advantage.

See but that's what I was saying they might consider when we get the new opertor grown up. It obviously means that some time has passed, either after the war or still during.(As it technically hasn't started).

40 minutes ago, trst said:

I'd guess just a cosmetic if anything. Maybe something like the tactical alert emblem that changes with each event but here changing with each rank past 30.

DE doesn't do exclusivity beyond founders and the relatively small population of players that will ever bother going for mr30 anything locked behind it might as well be exclusive. Plus mr30 is an arbitrary value that we only suspect as a cap from the achievements that have existed for years now.

With the guilds of the lotus it's kind of clear that they are moving away from that exclusivity. Look how bad the elitist ideas with excal prime. I mean all levels really are an arbitary value. Once you hit 2 you can trade and pretty much the rest is trading fodder, weapon grind fodder as that new system is only about 2-3 years old. 

 

47 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

They could just do a similar thing to how login rewards dont give new stuff anymore after the 1000 day reward: have each "overrank" give you a resource cache of some kind. The thing that I wish would happen at MR 30 is that we dont have to relevel our weapons anymore after forma'ing but I dont have high hopes that this would ever happen.

That might make players move away from bothering to get the new items. The whole point of new items is so players can level their mastery rank. Well not the whole point, but one of the biggest.  Yeah I don't think that will ever happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

After mr 19 its just fluff honestly.

Till it gives me something of actual use or really spiffy cosmetics mr doesn't mean much.

You get many bonuses that are useful though.

The Void Traces cap raises substantially, Syndicate cap raises substantially, more starting capacity on modding before you use many Forma on something, more trades, and more loadout slots every 2 Mastery Ranks are all quite nice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Irhyo said:

MR cap increased to 60, boom, problem solved for a few more years.

If that happens I'mma choke someone

  • Rank 31: Super True Master
  • Rank 32: Super Extreme True Master
  • Rank 33: Super Hyper True Master
  • Rank 34: Super Hyper Extreme True Master
  • Rank 35: Super Super True Master
  • Rank 36: Super Super Extreme True Master
  • Rank 37: Super Super Hyper True Master
  • Rank 38: Super Super Hyper Extreme True Master
  • Rank 39: Super Hyper Hyper True Master
  • Rank 40: Super Super Hyper Hyper True Master
Edited by AuroraSonicBoom
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Vaeldious said:

Youll have to forma your operator and relevel back up to get to MR32.

or maybe you have to forma and relevel every single item in your inventory one more time to hit MR31, then repeat over and over again until everything has been Forma'd 10 times at least and you hit MR40. and the only thing they give you is an exclusive Sugatra! :crylaugh:

but we probably shouldn't be giving them ideas lol.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is "Mastery Rank" really adding anything of fun value to the game though? I think not.

 

2 hours ago, Dreadwire said:

Stuck at mr 19 for the last 3 years or so.

Doing railjack this morning and was told "what MR19 noob doing end game content " by bunch of mr 28 in the ship.

I be like

Awkward walrus 

 

6 years of gameplay and I've only witnessed negatives related to that number.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Voltage said:

You get many bonuses that are useful though.

The Void Traces cap raises substantially, Syndicate cap raises substantially, more starting capacity on modding before you use many Forma on something, more trades, and more loadout slots every 2 Mastery Ranks are all quite nice.

Honestly its not good enough. After 19 i just got my other ranks for laughs.

Spiffy exclusive cosmetic bits would be cool and nice though. Maybe an inherent buff to ingame endo, kuva, credits, resoures, better rng, etc.

It's like achievements in wow. If i don't get a pet, mount, or title. I will not go out of my way for it.

Real benefits or ill ignore it.

Insert demolition man speech.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Dreadwire said:

Stuck at mr 19 for the last 3 years or so.

Doing railjack this morning and was told "what MR19 noob doing end game content " by bunch of mr 28 in the ship.

I be like

Awkward walrus 

 

Thats when you go i can take the test to rank up but don't care about mr.

Because honestly after 19 the rest of the levels can be ignored.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

After mr 19 its just fluff honestly.

Till it gives me something of actual use or really spiffy cosmetics mr doesn't mean much.

I am hoping duviri paradox will really overhaul operaters.  Maybe a real character creator with proper sliders and the ability to set their age. Perhap void psi melee weapons. Etc.

As long as daily caps are a thing, higher MR ranks will always be useful. Having extra mod capacity on unranked items, more void traces, additional trades, etc. are just icing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am starting to think with how the Paracesis and now the Kuva Lich weapons, DE might just add the more Mastery ranks. Though it will all depend on what it would be worth to gain after that door/mr test is open. That really is one of the reasons why I want to see what's behind it, but if it is nothing worth it, maybe people will just keep playing with new stuff (obviously leveling them up anyways.), but just ignoring any of the rank test and letting all that affinity build up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...