Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Harmonised Reactors

Kategari

Considering that Reactors are about to get a great straight buff to their RNG ranges (which should have happened much earlier), it is in my opinion that something like Harmonised Reactors should be implemented. Basically: Any Avionic of the same house gets their drain halved, whilst any Avionic not from the same house remains the same.

With this idea, Reactors can also serve their own purposes and have their own flavors. For example: your Vidar could be your Jack of All Trades, Master of None type (since there aren't many if any Vidar Avionics that are the best of their kind but the Reactor does have the most Avionics Cap so it can hold the most stuff), your Lavan could be your extra Speed type (since the Speed Avionics are best from the Lavan house) and Zetki can be your pure Passive type (as you can easily fit all the Zetki Avionics and have the best Turrets, best Ordinance, best Death Laser, best Hull and Armor, provided you decide not to use any Battle/Tacticals).

Here is my video from the start of the year, detailing this idea.

Yes that's what I thought too. But that would need some rebalance as Zetki house has plenty of bonuses. The only category Zetki sucks at is Speed I guess (Edit: And -Incendiary, -Frost, -Ionic) ? Why would I want a speedster Railjack with 4 avionics total when I can have the Lavan and Vidar speed on a Zetki reactor with all other slots filled with Zetkis ?

That's probably the best idea, but that should be rebalanced. Maybe having :

- Sigma : Jack of All Trades (reduce all costs by 75% instead of 50 ?)

- Vidar : Defense (hull, armor, shields, -damage)

- Lavan : Speed and overall utility (archwing bonuses, ordnance reload time?)

- Zetki : Weapons bonuses (could make sense as Zetki reactor gives a superior Flux bonus)

But that definitely won't happen anyway

Edited by Chewarette

20 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

But that would need some rebalance as Zetki house has plenty of bonuses

At risk of starting a riot... I would recommend Zetki Reactors should have less Avionics Cap. Soon they will be bumped to 70-80 but I think it should just be 40-50.

23 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Why would I want a speedster Railjack with 4 avionics total when I can have the Lavan and Vidar speed on a Zetki reactor with all other slots filled with Zetkis ?

Because you will most likely not be able to fit any Battle or Tactical Avionics. So yes - pure passive power but, at least to me, boring AF.

4 minutes ago, Kategari said:

Because you will most likely not be able to fit any Battle or Tactical Avionics. So yes - pure passive power but, at least to me, boring AF.

What I mean is that, if a Zetki reactor were to halve all Zetki Avionics cost (most of them are BiS), then a Zetki reactor will allow you to fit everything and tactical/battle avionics.

Didn't make any calculations but that shouldn't be far away from that...

Zetki are the best Avionics for EVERYTHING except Speed/Speed Boost and Specific Incoming Damage Reduction (Incendiary, Ionic, Frost). This should be rebalanced, if Capacity Halving ever becomes a thing.

1 hour ago, Chewarette said:

What I mean is that, if a Zetki reactor were to halve all Zetki Avionics cost (most of them are BiS), then a Zetki reactor will allow you to fit everything and tactical/battle avionics

If you have a look at 11:36 of the video, there is my mockup of a Zetki Reactor under Harmonised Reactors. Now I have specifically kept 2 of the Battles and 2 of the Tacticals simply 'coz I personally would never build a Railjack without them. But if you remove those, that frees up 36 Avionics Cap for a total of 37 more Cap left.

-13 from Conic Nozzle
-13 from Ion Burn
= -26 from Speed Avionics (best of their type) which means you have 11 left.

That's enough for 1 Tactical or 1 Battle or Lavan Ripload (-8 and not the best) which will synergise well with Zetki Warhead.