(PS4)Firedragooner

Nyx Rework idea

Hi Tenno

Nyx.

Don’t know how many will join it, but it is one of the best Frames if you have time, play solo or simply want to relax, as others are killing themselves or your Team members cutting through them.

This said, she falls far behind against other combos of Frames or even powers. Hope that the ongoing revisit from DE will bear some great changes to her.

Here some ideas:

Psychic Bolts shall become first power.

Bolts/lvl: 2/1, 5/2 9/3

Fast casting let the bolts choose targets in sight.

During aiming (including glide) focus all bolts on single target, or like the Charge mechanic as Fireball etc

The radiation damage shall become psychic (true damage) and confuse the enemies for a couple of second (maybe continuity related) to make it easier for here to slip by.

Mind Control Second power and allow therefore two targets. The thralls shall already have higher damage without augmentation mod.

They shall have an priority and protect mechanism. For example, they shall prioritize Nullifiers, Scrambus etc, since they can harm their mistress by cancelling here powers.

And that after a certain reach, they follow, without engaging enemies along the way. As said to protect there mistress.

Chaos make it a double purposed power.

Fast use, as we know the actual Chaos. Multiple cast refreshes the duration and affects new enemies. 2 Zones maximum.

Second:

(Toggle) Nyx enters here mediation position and creates an aura which increases over time.

In addition to inflict chaos of new incoming Enemies, they also will receive damage vulnerability against psychic and/or physical damage. Range may increase over time or in conjunction with range = 2 Chaos Zone +X m. Chaos Zone affected by Range mods and +X m by tier of power.

Maybe integrate here the Absorb. 1 additional Energy drained per x amount of Damage depending on tier (X Dam divided by x/ 1tier etc), which is redirected 100% as psychic damage to enemies within range or the attacker including status effects.

Shall also be allowed to use Psychic Strike and Psychic bolts during this Stance.

Absorb replace by Psychic Strike (just a draft name)

Nyx overloads the synapses of enemies by projecting nightmarish illusions of their deepest fears/despairs.

Can use in any movement and does( simply) Damage. Maybe add that survivers are under the fear effect, since they flee from the nightmarish visions.

Basic range or the range from the (toggled Chaos) whichever is bigger.

The Absorb (at least for me) doesn’t fit in into here description and seems a bit alien compared to the other three powers and the psychic use.  So still adding some lethality to here from a more brain exploding point of view.

Synergy

Psychic Bolts, whenever they hit Mind Control targets they can a temporarily Bonus to damage and/or attack/reload speed (Adrenalin Surge) for X seconds in a stackable amount of 1 bolt to all 9 bolts. If directed to Chaos affected targets, increase the Psychic Bolts damage.

Augment: Chance for target to get disarmed.

Mind Control targets shall be controllable like Syndicate allies. If not told to stay at a certain point, maybe increase movement speed or allow teleport like a rescue target if Nyx moves out of a certain range. (Affinity Range??)

Augmentation mod as it is.

Chaos

Fast use, as we know it right now

Toggled Chaos, whenever broken enemies will be confused for 5 Sec. (Deactivated or run out of energy)

Augment just for fast use (decreasing zone)

Psychic Strike works best on creatures afflicted by Chaos, like Magnetize and Polarize or similar powers combos. In addition to increased damage due to the vulnerability of Chaos created add Damage Bonus multiplier.

Augment: Nyx regains X-energy from targets killed by Psychic Strike.

Except (toggle) Chaos all the other abilities shall be castable during all possible movements.

Here damage (Psychic Bolts and Strike) shall become True Damage.

All here powers shall not be considers as normal attacks and Shade as Sunika Kubrows shall normal cloak here.

Best regards

Edited by (PS4)Firedragooner
correcting mistakes
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Nyx...one of the best frames of all time?

Way to discredit yourself in the first sentence.

She May not be the best of all time.  But since there are a million threads on this subject it could be said that she is one of the more beloved frames.  

Best no.  Loved yes.

Personally I can do a lot with her.  But she has the potential to be one of the best.

I think the OP was pointing out that he/she thinks Nyx is the best frame of all time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hexsing said:

I think the OP was pointing out that he/she thinks Nyx is the best frame of all time.

And to think something like that will make people question your judgement.

19 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

And to think something like that will make people question your judgement.

Its subjective right.  I mean I think Garuda is the best frame of all time.  Not because she is.  But because she is my favorite currently.  

I understood what they were getting at.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hexsing said:

Its subjective right.  I mean I think Garuda is the best frame of all time.  Not because she is.  But because she is my favorite currently.  

I understood what they were getting at.

A reasonable person wouldn’t call a frame they like “the best ever”. They would understand it’s pros and cons and understand exactly how good or bad it is. Not blindly say it’s the best.

Orange is the best color!

Pizza is the best food!

Cats are better than dogs but my cat is the best cat in the world.

A reasonable person would not get so wrapped up in semantics.  A reasonable person could understand that Nyx is the best Frame for him/her.  This player.

The main thing is that he/she wants their frame fixed which implies that they know its not the Meta and that it isnt technically the best frame.

Another mans trash is another mans treasure.  

That's why the thread is a Nyx improvement thread/request.

I guess they could have started out salty stating "Fix this fun to play, hot piece of garbage".   

• Upvote 1

Funny GearsMatrix301.

Before judging a small sentence you should have taken a second look, because there isn't written that she is one of the best frames of all times.

Here for you once again: but it is one of the best Frames if you have time, play solo or simply want to relax, as others are killing themselves or your Team members cutting through them.

Yet the topic is about, that she could be more with some changes and still stay the beloved control frame.

Played since the release on PS4 and have all of them in my arsenal. So yeah, i will be the last one pretending that only one Frame is the best of all times. 🤣🤣

Edited by (PS4)Firedragooner
correcting another user.