Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Acessability for Tenno with vision problems

(PSN)NemitheNem

TL; DR make our theme colors apply universally, including mod menus.  Let us customize some UI colors (Icons, HP/Shields). Give us a UI toggle for turning on Banshee's sonar outline effect constantly.

DE has a good track record with this as far as I am aware. I heard about a legally blind Tenno managing to MR 28 with Inaros and the help of his clan. But I think, and hope, we can do better. 

I have a friend and he needs help with lots of stuff in Warframe because he's red-green colorblind. (As in both colors are gray scale to him)

Trying to help him really opened my eyes to how much information WF conveys with colors. For instance, he can't see at a glance if modding made which numbers improve or decrease--he actually has to read them. We partially solved this problem using legacy colors in the UI customization, so he can link his mod configurations click, and compare. This would be much easier if the colors were already in the modding menu. 

And his health is a gray bar, on a gray background, he can see shields well--until he gets over shields at least. And where is extraction? It's a gray mark on gray background--we help out by dropping way points for him. If he could make the marker blue, his HP white, things would be so much easier. 

Grineer tiles are very grey to him, and it is hard to tell if the toxin pits are pits or ground because it is all the same color. And just forget the new veil anomoly--is that  a wall or is it an opening.  We have him using Oberon because hallowed ground gives him both wall and elevation indication. But in many ways the brief outline effect from Sonar was better because it worked to indicate walls, elevation, and small slide holes. Since the game obvious has the ease of doing this, being able to have it on in all situations would be a major boon for him and other vision impaired individuals. 

Edited by (PS4)NemitheNem