Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please don't invalidate the work I did for Zetki and Lavan reactors.

Skaleek

Just now, Skaleek said:

I mean you get to keep your roll but its translated higher, I think thats a much more fair system and less a "lottery".

see this is where the fine line comes. It's fine for you cuz you won the loterry and get to keep your winning ticket but for people like the tenno above, who wanted another "chance" at said lottery, but instead he's getting his low roll translated into another low roll (still quite an upgrade and he should be glad, but that's not the point).

IMO the best way to approach this is to re-roll all the items but if the roll is below your current roll % it translates your current one up instead.

Example: you got 50 zetki which rolls into say 75 by new standards but that's lower than 100% so you get your 50 translated to 80 instead.
                another 10 zetki which rolls into say 78 by new standards and the user gets that instead of translating to 70.

3 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

see this is where the fine line comes. It's fine for you cuz you won the loterry and get to keep your winning ticket but for people like the tenno above, who wanted another "chance" at said lottery, but instead he's getting his low roll translated into another low roll (still quite an upgrade and he should be glad, but that's not the point).

Nah see, I didnt win the lottery. I farmed about 30 lavan reactors and 100+ zetki reactors to get where i am. I worked for what I have.

Edited by Skaleek

2 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Nah see, I didnt win the lottery. I farmed about 30 lavan reactors and 100+ zetki reactors to get where i am. I worked for what I have.

ok, but can you tell me what you think of the rest of my last post? you know about the meeting in the middle compromise of half re-rolling half translating things. I think that benefits the whole playerbase not select individuals like you who got max rolls.

3 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

I do not even know how many zetki reactor I went through to finally get one that was 50/290. I am happy that DE is going remap instead of just re-roll it.

• Like 1

Just now, EDM774 said:

ok, but can you tell me what you think of the rest of my last post? you know about the meeting in the middle compromise of half re-rolling half translating things. I think that benefits the whole playerbase not select individuals like you who got max rolls.

Sorry, you're right, I only responded to the first half of your post. I'm always for favoring the player when revamping a system. I think your method is fair too, but i have no say in how it's handled. I never begrudge my fellow players getting good stuff/loot too. I don't want other people to get bad rolls, I just dont want to have to re-treadmill, so to speak.

• Like 3

Just now, LazyKnight said:

I do not even know how many zetki reactor I went through to finally get one that was 50/290. I am happy that DE is going remap instead of just re-roll it.

Indeed. I'm glad at least one person appreciates the effort it takes to get that roll. Nice flux roll by the way, my best was 50/270.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

I just think they decided go for it just because incompetence, i'm not sure if they can calculate relative stat for each length and apply it to all reactors.

Wouldn’t be that hard to be honest. I could sit down with a pen, a sheet of paper, and my phone calculator, and in a few minutes set up the conversation ratio, and I suck at maths. Preserving the relative quality of any given reactor would be easy.

However...lads, you know that I was never going to scrap any Vidar reactor that I picked up? By luck, my first reactor was a +89, but even if it had been a +35, I would have held onto it, and not scrapped it, until the next major update. This is because I could smell the change coming, and would have bet a small amount of money on DE doing something like this. Not necessarily exactly this, just something like it, allowing for an upgrade or a reroll, and I would honestly be surprised if other long term players didn’t suspect it would be coming as well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

However...lads, you know that I was never going to scrap any Vidar reactor that I picked up? By luck, my first reactor was a +89, but even if it had been a +35, I would have held onto it, and not scrapped it, until the next major update. This is because I could smell the change coming, and would have bet a small amount of money on DE doing something like this. Not necessarily exactly this, just something like it, allowing for an upgrade or a reroll, and I would honestly be surprised if other long term players didn’t suspect it would be coming as well.

Normally, I would do the exact same! Unfortunately wreckage capacity exists and I have engines shield arrays reactors and turrets to deal with concurrently. I had to stop doing veil to go farm titanium and asterite to build my good rolls just to keep like 5 slots open.

Definitely a good mentality but you never know exactly how they will change it.

Edited by Skaleek

1 hour ago, Skaleek said:

My problem lies in the fact that I have 2 70 capacity lavan reactors and 2 50 capacity zetki reactors that I built, and i painstakingly farmed the asterite/titanium/whatever else for, not to mention grinded against all odds to get these reactor rolls. Now your proposal to reroll all reactors with lower than their new capacity range, ie zetki goes from 10-50 to like, 60-70? Meaning my zetki reactors are going to be rerolled automatically, and with a small understanding of probability and statistics, i think it's safe to assume they will not end up being maxed out rolls.

You're getting a buff in everything,  this does not invalidate your grind, i got 6 vidar and 2 lavan, compared to your grind mine was insane and this rework validates and rewards everyone, posting this 24h after Rebbecca's post complaining about your lavan and zekti reactors being rerolled is a  "conclave universal medallion whining situation "

By the way you don't grind a good roll you just get it by chance.

Edited by (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO

OP. If your reactor was currently WITHIN the new ranges, then it will be untouched; Such as my Vidar mkIII Reactor. It was a +97 cap before this update, and it stays exactly how it is as its range is already within the 90-100 cap. Now if it was BELOW these ranges at all, such as even +89 cap, then it would become BUFFED up to the new MINIMUM of that specific reactor's new range

TL;DR you get straight buffs, unless you already had a "god roll" then it's left undisturbed in any way.

Edited by Hawk_of_the_Reborn

This all would never have been a problem if they had not adopted The Division style of loot of multiples of the same item but with differing stats, makes for more grind and a lot of unhappy people, it almost destroyed The Division until they bumped the drop rates up enormously to ridiculous amounts and that somewhat stopped the flow of players leaving. Sure we have grind in Warframe, but at least you knew exactly what you were grinding for, with this type of system it's ALL about RNG you may end up getting 5 things of the same kind with garbage stats and never find that what is called the "GOD ROLL" IMHO I think they should scrap this system while Railjack is still in it's infancy.

30 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Yup, I know. But i have to try, you know? And it payed off, saske clarified. Apparently they are remapping so that is good news for me, other people may be upset by this though. I still think a remap is far more fair than a reroll.

That is good, glad it worked out this time.

10 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

If it’s a scaled remap, then my +89 Vidar should become a +98 Vidar, so, good for me. Disappointing for people who had been told they were getting a true reroll, mind.

So does +89 remap to +99, or does it get randomized between 90 to 100?  And if your reactor is already between 90 to 99, will it have have a chance for a better roll?  I've seen comments saying anything between 90 to 100 is not touched, and other comments saying it will be rolled and you keep whichever number is highest.  I think it should be rolled since all of us should have a chance at something better, even those of us with reactors in the 90's.

5 minutes ago, GrimSinner said:

So does +89 remap to +99, or does it get randomized between 90 to 100?  And if your reactor is already between 90 to 99, will it have have a chance for a better roll?  I've seen comments saying anything between 90 to 100 is not touched, and other comments saying it will be rolled and you keep whichever number is highest.  I think it should be rolled since all of us should have a chance at something better, even those of us with reactors in the 90's.

With scaled remap, 90-99 reactors should be 99.

Translation:

Impatient content locusts weren't able to demonstrate restraint and self control while testing an obviously unfinished mess of an update.

Knowing full well railjack was in a barely alpha state with ridiculous time padding mechanics to create the illusion of "engagement" over the holidays.

So because locusts have to consume everything within minutes, regardless of whether or not they SHOULD, everyone else should have to suffer through it.

Brilliant conclusion. "Veterans keep the game alive". Wrong. Veteran locusts are what chases away everyone else. 

Protecting a locusts investment should really be at the bottom of their priority list. The over all Long term health of the game mode is far more important.

1 hour ago, Skaleek said:

It would be unwise to punish players for playing your content early.

NO. HELL NO. DE has done this for so long, and its hurting the game. De has always taken the interest of minorities above the majority. This has to stop. Suck it up and maybe you shouldnt have put all that work in before waiting for this S#&$show to stabilize. Haven't you played Warframe for long enough? Never play updates right after they drop.

For anyone else wondering, here’s the quick and dirty calculation for Vidar reactors:

Take your current Avionics bonus, which is a number between 30 and 100. Subtract 30 from it. The number that’s left after you subtract 30, multiply it by 1.428. That gets you the percentage value of your Vidar reactor, from minimum bonus to maximum. Whatever percentage you have, convert that to the approximate number of 1-10. 

Add that number to 90. That’s your converted Avionics bonus.

9 minutes ago, IIDMOII said:

So because locusts have to consume everything within minutes, regardless of whether or not they SHOULD, everyone else should have to suffer through it.

DE re-mapping does not hurt anyone in game at all. Zetki reactor drop like rain(get a new one every run or so), and i do not know if anyone ever cared about lavan in the first place. Asking DE to preserve the good rolls in no way hurt anyone. 

22 minutes ago, IIDMOII said:

Translation:

Impatient content locusts weren't able to demonstrate restraint and self control while testing an obviously unfinished mess of an update.

Knowing full well railjack was in a barely alpha state with ridiculous time padding mechanics to create the illusion of "engagement" over the holidays.

Brilliant conclusion. "Veterans keep the game alive". Wrong. Veteran locusts are what chases away everyone else. 

Protecting a locusts investment should really be at the bottom of their priority list. The over all Long term health of the game mode is far more important.

Really, you're calling me a locust? I played the content over christmas because thats when i had the time to play it. I agree the long term health of the game is very important, but this is not a mutually exclusive situation where you can't remap and revamp. Which is actually exactly what they are doing.

Devaluing someones work because they did it early makes no sense. I'm not sure where you're going with the rest of your rant but you're falsely assuming a lot about me. Me keeping my good rolls has nothing to do with your experience or your journey in the game. What i've requested is to keep my hard work valued for my time invested. You are not affected by this at all.

I have never once complained about a lack of content in Warframe. I am 100% a min/maxer. I play the game to have all the best toys available, and then create the craziest, most fun builds I can. This is how i choose to play Warframe.

Honestly you just sound angry that I chose to do the content at release, but why? DE needs people doing the content early, that's why we get the tweaks and the balance we do. If you aren't doing the content early, you should thank those of us that do, because we help to provide you with the cleaner, more balanced content you're playing later on.

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 1