Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please don't invalidate the work I did for Zetki and Lavan reactors.

Skaleek

3 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

How is this a reply to what you quoted from me?

Because I am not going to waste my time arguing with you and do not care enough to to keep posting in this topic. PM [DE]Saske or [DE]Rebecca and get them to clarify if you want to argue with who is right or wrong.

Edited by LazyKnight
  • Like 2

Just now, LazyKnight said:

Because I am not going to waste my time arguing with you and do not care enough t to keep posting in this topic. PM [DE]Saske or [DE]Rebecca and get them to clarify if you want to argue with who is right or wrong.

Clarify what? I already did so, if nobody can understand then that's their own fault for not knowing how to basic reading comprehension

5 minutes ago, Chappie1975 said:

Then why shouldn't you value mine or everyone else who plays this game.  If not...why should we value yours?

How am I devaluing your time, exactly? If you rolled a decent reactor you will be mapped (hopefully) to a higher variant. if you didn't you will still be brought up to the lower end of the new paradigm. I'm not sure where you got that i'm taking anything away from you by making this request.

Edited by Skaleek

2 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Clarify what? I already did so, if nobody can understand then that's their own fault for not knowing how to basic reading comprehension

If you can't understand DE Saske post stop bothering me. Last time bye bye.

Edited by LazyKnight

10 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

If you have any reactor that's below its new MINIMUM range, it will be pumped up to that number now. If you already have any reactor that is already within its new range, it WILL. NOT. BE. AFFECTED. AT. ALL. 

Meaning no scaling buffs or nerfs, it's the same exact reactor as before

Meaning that if you have a +49 cap Zetki mkIII reactor, it's not gonna scale up to the new range by being buffed to +79(near limit of new MAXIMUM range). No, it's just gonna go to +70, that's it. 

Can you link where you saw this specific information?  I would like to read it too.

5 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

I read the whole thing, unlike everybody who thinks their reactors are gonna "Scale" up. No, they're not.

If you have any reactor that's below its new MINIMUM range, it will be pumped up to that number now. If you already have any reactor that is already within its new range, it WILL. NOT. BE. AFFECTED. AT. ALL. 

Meaning no scaling buffs or nerfs, it's the same exact reactor as before

Meaning that if you have a +49 cap Zetki mkIII reactor, it's not gonna scale up to the new range by being buffed to +79(near limit of new MAXIMUM range). No, it's just gonna go to +70, that's it. 

This is literally the opposite of what @[DE]Saske just said. Which, if I may emphasize, is DE's most recent official clarification on the matter.

OT:

The amount of toxicity in this thread is baffling. OP's request is essentially "I worked for hours to get myself a max roll, and I would like it to stay as a max roll once the base stats are buffed". Which is a perfectly reasonable request-- and it's the system that existing Riven stats have been following for years, by the way-- yet everyone's screaming and frothing at the mouth as if OP personally requested that DE murder their families or something.

Nobody is getting punished by reactor stats being remapped rather than rerolled. Y'all. Need to. RELAX.

• Like 6

Just now, GrimSinner said:

Can you link where you saw this specific information?  I would like to read it too.

Here

On 2020-01-14 at 11:40 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

This is a broad post that touches on something that appears throughout the 40 pages here. Simplified sentiment:  'Avionics Capacity limitations are too punishing'. This week's Hotfix will speak specifically to that with global buffs for all Reactor types found in the wild. Any existing gear you have will simply be re-rolled for Avionics capacity, which will automatically be a buff in all cases (note: the Vidar III which has just compressed its top-end entirely to not have the 30-100 range, it's now 90-100, but it will not give you lower rolls if you had one in the 90-100 range before this change). 

The coming number changes:

- Lavan Reactor Mk I: Avionic Capacity now 20 to 30 (from 10 to 20)
- Lavan Reactor Mk II: Avionic Capacity now 50 to 60 (from 10 to 40)
- Lavan Reactor Mk III: Avionic Capacity now 80 to 90 (from 20 to 70)
- Vidar Reactor Mk I: Avionic Capacity now 30 to 40 (from 10 to 25)
- Vidar Reactor Mk II: Avionic Capacity now 60 to 70 (from 20 to 50)
- Vidar Reactor Mk III: Avionic Capacity now 90 to 100 (from 30 to 100)
- Zetki Reactor Mk I: Avionic Capacity now 10 to 20 (from 5 to 10)
- Zetki Reactor Mk II: Avionic Capacity now 40 to 50 (from 5 to 30)
- Zetki Reactor Mk III: Avionic Capacity now 70 to 80 (from 10 to 50)

Just dropping this note here so folks are prepared for this specific change as we work on more major fixes and changes! 

3 hours ago, [DE]Saske said:

Your current reactor values will get remap onto the new reactor values. Your 50 capacity Zetki reactor will turn into a 80 capacity Zetki reactor etc.

No it is not, now read my post again.

2 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

This is literally the opposite of what @[DE]Saske just said. Which, if I may emphasize, is DE's most recent official clarification on the matter.

OT:

The amount of toxicity in this thread is baffling. OP's request is essentially "I worked for hours to get myself a max roll, and I would like it to stay as a max roll once the base stats are buffed". Which is a perfectly reasonable request-- and it's the system that existing Riven stats have been following for years, by the way-- yet everyone's screaming and frothing at the mouth as if OP personally requested that DE murder their families or something.

Nobody is getting punished by reactor stats being remapped rather than rerolled. Y'all. Need to. RELAX.

If you're expecting your sht staying the same or at least relevant, you came to the wrong game.

Simple as that.

Most people learned it by now. Your gear will become obsolete, over and over. Dont get attached to it, dont even farm it, why are you even playing this broken gamemode?

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Hawk_of_the_Reborn:
vor 3 Stunden schrieb [DE]Saske:

Your current reactor values will get remap onto the new reactor values. Your 50 capacity Zetki reactor will turn into a 80 capacity Zetki reactor etc.

did u tell DE Staff to read your post again, while that staff member made a clear posting?

Edited by Shonaney

1 minute ago, -Temp0- said:

If you're expecting your sht staying the same or at least relevant, you came to the wrong game.

Simple as that.

Most people learned it by now. Your gear will become obsolete, over and over. Dont get attached to it, dont even farm it, why are you even playing this broken gamemode?

I've been around a while. The argument that "it's been that way forever, so its not going to get changed" is a weak one. I will always strive for change for the better regardless of the odds that my feedback is heard. This is my only recourse as a player. Gear doesn't really go obsolete in Warframe by the way, there's definitely powercreep but I can still do endgame content with my good ol' Soma Prime. Thats a bit offtopic though.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

I mean this in the least condescending way possible, but dude, you gotta take a step back from your desk for a bit. Breathe. Relax.

Now, when your mind is more clear, read [DE]Saske's post again. He says-- very clearly and very explicitly-- that stats are being remapped rather than rerolled. That is, a Zetki reactor with 50 capacity (current max) will turn into a reactor with 80 capacity (new max).

EDIT:

16 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

So either Reb's comment about the future railjack components balancing was wrong, or Sakse was still unlclear on what he meant. Take your pick

Saske's comment is newer and was made to clarify a concern about Reb's comment, so I'm immediately leaning towards the updated version. Not sure why one wouldn't, really.

It's entirely possible that Reb made a mistake when explaining the numbers (which happens very often with DE-- recall Synoid Simulor, Chroma, Condition Overload, etc).
It's also entirely possible that Reb was correct, and DE's plan for reactor stats simply changed over the past day.
In either case, Saske just gave us the newly-updated version. It's silly to ignore it.

Edited by SortaRandom
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

So either Reb's comment about the future railjack components balancing was wrong, or Sakse was still unlclear on what he meant.

This is my concern as well. I am hoping that Saske was correct, but we'll have to wait for tomorrow's (most likely) patch notes.

I did not expect this thread to blow up, but needless to say, I'm grateful that it did. Regardless whether you agree, disagree, or are just here to insult me, you've unwittingly bumped the thread up to a high visibility level, so now at least DE is aware of the issue I have.

Edited by Skaleek

1 minute ago, SortaRandom said:

I mean this in the least condescending way possible, but dude, you gotta take a step back from your desk for a bit. Breathe. Relax.

Now, when your mind is more clear, read [DE]Saske's post again. He says-- very clearly and very explicitly-- that stats are being remapped rather than rerolled. That is, a Zetki reactor with 50 capacity (current max) will turn into a reactor with 80 capacity (new max).

We'll see in the patch notes when the hotfix hits.

Until then, I will consider this just as valid.

On 2020-01-14 at 11:40 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

This is a broad post that touches on something that appears throughout the 40 pages here. Simplified sentiment:  'Avionics Capacity limitations are too punishing'. This week's Hotfix will speak specifically to that with global buffs for all Reactor types found in the wild. Any existing gear you have will simply be re-rolled for Avionics capacity, which will automatically be a buff in all cases (note: the Vidar III which has just compressed its top-end entirely to not have the 30-100 range, it's now 90-100, but it will not give you lower rolls if you had one in the 90-100 range before this change). 

2 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

This is my concern as well. I am hoping that Saske was correct, but we'll have to wait for tomorrow's (most likely) patch notes.

Concern? Look, it won't matter either way. Worst case scenario, me for example, I will still keep my Vidar mkIII +97 avi cap if Saske was wrong. No downgrades here. If he's right, then what now? Does it go to +100? 

Just now, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Eh... You mean like with the rivens? 

Rivens are actually a good example of it being remapped, which is what I'm requesting. Think of me requesting that instead of entirely rerolling my riven, I'm asking that they change the disposition of my reactors, in this particular case, for the better.

I have a lot of rivens and it's never bothered me much when their dispo tanked. They're still decent on the weapon (mostly, i mean 0.5 is getting pretty on the fence to whether its worth slotting). Although i did have  1.53 dispo tiberon riven that was a pretty epic roll that made me a little sad when Tib prime came around, cause i knew what was coming.

3 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Concern? Look, it won't matter either way. Worst case scenario, me for example, I will still keep my Vidar mkIII +97 avi cap if Saske was wrong. No downgrades here. If he's right, then what now? Does it go to +100? 

Potentially to 100, but it certainly will not go down. I've got an 87 vidar capacity, I'm okay with this being remapped rather than just purely rerolled. In fact i think remapping should benefit a majority of the players that have been playing RJ.

Edited by Skaleek

8 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

clarify a concern about Reb's comment,

There shouldn't have been worry to begin with. It was plainly stated that any reactors with lower-than-the-new ranges will all be bumped up to the new minimum, while those which were already within the new ranges are(supposedly) left completely alone, untouched and unlooked at.So either way, Saske's post or Reb's, it's still a buff through and through.

Edited by Hawk_of_the_Reborn

1 minute ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Eh... You mean like with the rivens? 

I love the people trying to be all smart with the riven remark, when OP is literally asking for stats to be scaled (rather than rerolled) exactly like rivens are.

• Like 1