Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please don't invalidate the work I did for Zetki and Lavan reactors.

Skaleek

3 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Concern? Look, it won't matter either way. Worst case scenario, me for example, I will still keep my Vidar mkIII +97 avi cap if Saske was wrong. No downgrades here. If he's right, then what now? Does it go to +100? 

[DE]Saske's approach with remapping makes more sense as it benefits all players.  People holding low roll Vidar reactors get a big boost into the 90's.  People who already have reactors in the 90's get a smaller boost closer to 100.  So everyone benefits from this remapping approach.  If not, then people with low roll reactors could end up with higher avionic reactors than those who already have high roll reactors.  However, we won't know for sure until the hotfix.  So all we can do is wait.

• Like 3

Just now, GrimSinner said:

[DE]Saske's approach with remapping makes more sense as it benefits all players.  People holding low roll Vidar reactors get a big boost into the 90's.  People who already have reactors in the 90's get a smaller boost closer to 100.  So everyone benefits from this remapping approach.  If not, then people with low roll reactors could end up with higher avionic reactors than those who already have high roll reactors.  However, we won't know for sure until the hotfix.  So all we can do is wait.

Like I said, nothing bad can come of this change. So stop hyperventilating into your paper bags already

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

No it is not, now read my post again.

Ok, I'm not sure that directly responding to a DE staff member with the equivalent of "No, you need to re-read what I posted. Get your facts straight," is an amazing big brain move.

9 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

There shouldn't have been worry to begin with. It was plainly stated that any reactors with lower-than-the-new ranges will all be bumped up to the new minimum, while those which were already within the new ranges are(supposedly left completely alone, untouched and unlooked at. So either way, Saske's post or Reb's, it's still a buff through and through.

36 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

I read the whole thing, unlike everybody who thinks their reactors are gonna "Scale" up. No, they're not.

If you have any reactor that's below its new MINIMUM range, it will be pumped up to that number now. If you already have any reactor that is already within its new range, it WILL. NOT. BE. AFFECTED. AT. ALL. 

Meaning no scaling buffs or nerfs, it's the same exact reactor as before

Meaning that if you have a +49 cap Zetki mkIII reactor, it's not gonna scale up to the new range by being buffed to +79(near limit of new MAXIMUM range). No, it's just gonna go to +70, that's it. 

Also, are you aware that this statement you are making right here, these exact words, are that existing reactors will be neither rerolled nor remapped, but will automatically be set to the minimum? And you are insisting that this is what Rebecca said?

On 2020-01-14 at 6:40 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

This is a broad post that touches on something that appears throughout the 40 pages here. Simplified sentiment:  'Avionics Capacity limitations are too punishing'. This week's Hotfix will speak specifically to that with global buffs for all Reactor types found in the wild. Any existing gear you have will simply be re-rolled for Avionics capacity, which will automatically be a buff in all cases (note: the Vidar III which has just compressed its top-end entirely to not have the 30-100 range, it's now 90-100, but it will not give you lower rolls if you had one in the 90-100 range before this change). 

The coming number changes:

- Lavan Reactor Mk I: Avionic Capacity now 20 to 30 (from 10 to 20)
- Lavan Reactor Mk II: Avionic Capacity now 50 to 60 (from 10 to 40)
- Lavan Reactor Mk III: Avionic Capacity now 80 to 90 (from 20 to 70)
- Vidar Reactor Mk I: Avionic Capacity now 30 to 40 (from 10 to 25)
- Vidar Reactor Mk II: Avionic Capacity now 60 to 70 (from 20 to 50)
- Vidar Reactor Mk III: Avionic Capacity now 90 to 100 (from 30 to 100)
- Zetki Reactor Mk I: Avionic Capacity now 10 to 20 (from 5 to 10)
- Zetki Reactor Mk II: Avionic Capacity now 40 to 50 (from 5 to 30)
- Zetki Reactor Mk III: Avionic Capacity now 70 to 80 (from 10 to 50)

Look at the numbers. Every reactor aside from Vidar Mk 3's has their new minimum above their old maximum. Rebecca did not say "We are adjusting gear up to the new minimum and leaving it there." She specifically said that existing reactors will be re-rolled.

Edited by BornWithTeeth
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

There shouldn't have been worry to begin with. It was plainly stated that any reactors with lower-than-the-new ranges will all be bumped up to the new minimum, while those which were already within the new ranges are(supposedly) left completely alone, untouched and unlooked at.So either way, Saske's post or Reb's, it's still a buff through and through.

"A buff is a buff, so how DARE you worry about your max-roll turning into a trash-roll at the whims of a redundant RNG check!"
- everyone in this damn thread, apparently

Emphasis on the "redundant" part. The RNG check for rolling OP's reactor stats already happened when he picked up the item, and numerous players like him spent hours upon hours trying to get a decent roll. These players have every right to be worried about their hard-earned stats being scrambled for no reason, even if the boost to base stats make up for the player's potential stat loss, and even with Rebecca's proposed "safety net" system (which would still turn many Vidar "god rolls" into "meh rolls" post-update). Simply rescaling the rolls along with the new base stats (as Saske stated DE will do) seems like it would be the most obvious and fair way of handling base stat changes, so I cannot for the life of me understand why so many folks in this thread are against it.

And for the love of Cain and all things holey, y'all need to stop being so aggressive about it! Go outside. Eat some food. Take a nap, idk.
OP's not hurting anyone. OP's not suggesting something that would hurt anyone. Chill.

Edited by SortaRandom
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Ok, I'm not sure that directly responding to a DE staff member with the equivalent of "No, you need to re-read what I posted. Get your facts straight," is an amazing big brain move.

Also, are you aware that this statement you are making right here, these exact words, are that existing reactors will be neither rerolled nor remapped, but will automatically be set to the minimum? And you are insisting that this is what Rebecca said?

Look at the numbers. Every reactor aside from Vidar Mk 3's has their new minimum above their old maximum. Rebecca did not say "We are adjusting gear up to the new minimum and leaving it there." She specifically said that existing reactors will be re-rolled.

1 minute ago, SortaRandom said:

"A buff is a buff, so how DARE you worry about your max-roll turning into a trash-roll at the whims of a redundant RNG check!"
- everyone in this damn thread, apparently

Emphasis on the "redundant" part. The RNG check for rolling the weapon's stats has already happened, and numerous players spent hours upon hours trying to get a decent roll. These players have every right to be worried about their hard-earned stats being scrambled for no reason, even if the boost to base stats make up for the player's potential stat loss, and even if Rebecca's proposed "safety net" made it into the game.

And for the love of Cain and all things holey, y'all need to stop being so aggressive about it! Go outside. Eat some food. Take a nap, idk.
OP's not hurting anyone. OP's not suggesting something that would hurt anyone. Chill.

This is exactly what I've been trying to tell you this whole time, but ya'lls knee-jerk reactions make you think I'm talking the opposite. Chill

On 2020-01-14 at 11:40 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

(note: the Vidar III which has just compressed its top-end entirely to not have the 30-100 range, it's now 90-100, but it will not give you lower rolls if you had one in the 90-100 range before this change). 

1 minute ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

This is exactly what I've been trying to tell you this whole time, but ya'lls knee-jerk reactions make you think I'm talking the opposite. Chill

You did literally say that existing reactors will not be re-rolled into their new ranges, but will automatically be set at their minimum value. Like, I appreciate that this is becoming an argument, but that is something which you did say. I quoted you saying it. Look.

55 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

If you have any reactor that's below its new MINIMUM range, it will be pumped up to that number now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meaning that if you have a +49 cap Zetki mkIII reactor, it's not gonna scale up to the new range by being buffed to +79(near limit of new MAXIMUM range). No, it's just gonna go to +70, that's it. 

30 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

I love the people trying to be all smart with the riven remark, when OP is literally asking for stats to be scaled (rather than rerolled) exactly like rivens are.

Oh that's true, but people still complain about it every single time. 

Seems like you really can't please all of the people all of the time, huh? 

14 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Oh that's true, but people still complain about it every single time. 

Seems like you really can't please all of the people all of the time, huh? 

Sure but don't you think remapping is far more respectful to the majority of the player base than just an rng reroll? I hesitate to use the word fair, because i will get piled on by "life isn't fair" responses.

I don't believe this hurts anyone but the players that saved 30 (max because wreckage, unless they built each one....) vidar reactors with all bad rolls and is hoping that they will get a pure reroll to 100 capacity. I'm sure there are one or two out there, just like I may be the minority in the other boat.

I don't start threads all that often, but i felt this was one of those times where I should say something just so that DE is aware. I honestly thought they didn't even think about it.

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Skaleek said:

Sure but don't you think remapping is far more respectful to the majority of the playerbase than just an rng reroll?

Not really. I figure that it's better for people who got maxed/near maxed stats. But for the vast majority of the community who are just looking at straight up increases regardless of the rolls, it's going to be seen as a good thing that they stand a chance of getting an even better roll. 

Bit of a wash really. 

I do sympathise with you, but I figure you did the reasonable thing and asked for consideration of your proposed system. There's not much more to do, I figure. 

13 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Not really. I figure that it's better for people who got maxed/near maxed stats.

Someone who had a 30 vidar reactor -> goes to 90, net gain of 60 avionic capacity. Someone who had a 99 vidar reactor -> goes to 100, net gain of 1 avionic capacity. Still a better roll than the former, but is it really better for the guy that had a near max reactor? Open for interpretation I suppose. I also purposefully picked the highest variance reactor with a top end that didn't change so it illustrates my point. For zetki and lavan the math doesn't look as pretty.

it's going to be seen as a good thing that they stand a chance of getting an even better roll. 

This is true. People wanting a free roll is fine but I think respecting other peoples rolls is probably more 'fair'. I am incredibly biased though, clearly.

but I figure you did the reasonable thing and asked for consideration of your proposed system. There's not much more to do, I figure. 

Indeed. The thread exploded and created high visibility. Probably the best outcome I could've hoped for, realistically.

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Skaleek said:

I already have maxed zetki and lavan reactors. I don't want to regrind perfect rolls, i want them translated to the higher capacity values, 70 and 80 respectively.

This is both fair and just.  Updated formula of “Value + X change” is a simple and honorable thing to do, so DE should do it.

S, you should post this in feedback. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

This is both fair and just.  Updated formula of “Value + X change” is a simple and honorable thing to do, so DE should do it.

S, you should post this in feedback. 

You're right, and I meant to. I made the mistake of general discussion and didn't change it before I posted, and then the thread took off before i could delete it and repost. I actually was looking at it earlier and was like "I swear i posted this in feedback". My bad there.

Edited by Skaleek

1 minute ago, Skaleek said:

Someone who had a 30 vidar reactor -> goes to 90, net gain of 60 avionic capacity. Someone who had a 99 vidar reactor -> goes to 100, net gain of 1 avionic capacity. Still a better roll than the former, but is it really better for the guy that had a near max reactor? Open for interpretation I suppose.

I'm talking about your max old-zekti, rerolling proportionately to a max roll new-zekti.

Better for you than for people who only have "meh-roll" zektis sitting around... For them any new-zekti is a big improvement, but there's a chance that they'll also get a better roll. 

Considering how the RNG works, there should be a crapload more people with  meh-rolls than max-rolls. 

24 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

This is true. People wanting a free roll is fine but I think respecting other peoples rolls is probably more 'fair'. I am incredibly biased though, clearly.

No argument here. But do the majority of the people want fair? If they did then the old system was fine, you did the grind and they could have too.... 

35 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Indeed. The thread exploded and created high visibility. Probably the best outcome I could've hoped for, realistically.

Agreed. Hopefully it catches their eye. 

Based on what was written in this thread, new formula for reactor value would be something like this (if I have not made any mistake in it):

gif.latex?A_%7BMin%7D%20+%20%5Cleft

Where:

AMin - New minimum

AMax - New maximum

BMin - Old minimum

BMax - Old maximum

C - Current Value

X - New Value

Edited by Ramrr

3 hours ago, Skaleek said:

Although i did have  1.53 dispo tiberon riven that was a pretty epic roll that made me a little sad when Tib prime came around, cause i knew what was coming.

I stopped using the Tiberon Prime after it's last dispo nerf. If I can't get 100% crit on semi or burst, I typically don't use the gun. Makes it too unreliable.

2 hours ago, Dragmod said:

Meh, time is overrated. We all end up in a box someday, so enjoy the incoming buffs and just have fun.

I think most players are going to say, "Hey, it's better than what it was," upgrade a couple avionics items, and move along.

But there's always the few. 

Il y a 8 heures, Skaleek a dit :

f how good or bad they were, are being rerolled,

No , they only get rolled if you had lower avionic capacity than the new lower limit, ex: if you had 89 capacity vidar, it gets rerolled because lowest is 90, if you had 90 or 100 they don't get rerolled. Also flux capacity is not gonna get rerolled

2 hours ago, Ramrr said:

Based on what was written in this thread, new formula for reactor value would be something like this (if I have not made any mistake in it):

gif.latex?A_%7BMin%7D%20+%20%5Cleft

Where:

AMin - New minimum

AMax - New maximum

BMin - Old minimum

BMax - Old maximum

C - Current Value

X - New Value

that means it will be scaled into the new ranges, which I'm completely fine with, but rerolling or setting to the new minimum if under is kinda messed up for people who grinded max values on components

Nice, glad to hear we will have a remap.

So my 94 vidar should be close to 100 after the fix.

It looks more fair for the people that farmed hard, and even more for the people who had a 90 avionics roll, in that case everybody could have a chance to have a better roll (flux) with the worst reactor roll in the game.

Thanks to clarify @[DE]Saske

Edited by Alpha56

2 hours ago, HatedByLifeItself said:

No , they only get rolled if you had lower avionic capacity than the new lower limit, ex: if you had 89 capacity vidar, it gets rerolled because lowest is 90, if you had 90 or 100 they don't get rerolled. Also flux capacity is not gonna get rerolled

Yeah thanks. Read my post, zetki and lavan reactors all have lower capacity then their new stat ranges. Zetki max is currently 50, zetki minimum is going up to like 60 or 70. Read the thread. I understand the premise of Rebecca's initial proposal.

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 1

Il y a 1 heure, Skaleek a dit :

Yeah thanks. Read my post, zetki and lavan reactors all have lower capacity then their new stat ranges. Zetki max is currently 50, zetki minimum is going up to like 60 or 70. Read the thread. I understand the premise of Rebecca's initial proposal.

I don't get why you complaining then ? so what ? you farmed for the best rolls and now they are gonna get rerolled because they won't be best anymore so you feel you lost time ? No one forced you to farm for them, and they said to anticipate a LOT of changes to numbers and balance, for me it's your fault you spent hours farming useless rng in the first place