Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please don't invalidate the work I did for Zetki and Lavan reactors.

Skaleek

23 minutes ago, HatedByLifeItself said:

I don't get why you complaining then ? so what ? you farmed for the best rolls and now they are gonna get rerolled because they won't be best anymore so you feel you lost time ? No one forced you to farm for them, and they said to anticipate a LOT of changes to numbers and balance, for me it's your fault you spent hours farming useless rng in the first place

Lowest common denominator. My request hurts no one. There is no reason to be punished for farming. Are you for real? It's my fault for playing the content? Do you understand how ridiculous that is? I guess its a real good thing you have no say in the matter, anyways. Such an absolutely garbage argument: "It's your fault for playing content that was released". There is no reason to punish players for playing content early, all you are telling the player base is that no one should play your content early if you do.

Edited by Skaleek

12 hours ago, Skaleek said:

I grinded the crap out of it over my holiday.

You are doing it wrong.

I won't be entering the building under contruction, climbing up the stair to the 100th floor in one go, exhaust myself and then complains about the unfinished elevator.
Instead, I'll be like "doing some casual runs, expecting some space-battle feelings, get some extra rewards then leave to fight another day."

Just now, blimsoon said:

You are doing it wrong

You quoted a small part of my post. I can't play as much (or at all really) now. I played when I could. The building is not under construction, it's been opened to the general public.

16 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

You quoted a small part of my post. I can't play as much (or at all really) now. I played when I could. The building is not under construction, it's been opened to the general public.

I simply want to ease your pain,
Getting -10 avioic cap reduction should be really hurt for you.

My view? this content is still under contruction.

11 minutes ago, ElKayJae said:

Hasn't DE staff already replied in ur thread that it's gonna be remapped instead of randomly re rolled? Ur perfect rolls will still be perfect rolls. Case closed.

Yeah. I just respond to the people who like to argue that playing early content is somehow a crime against humanity.

My lavan is now 81 instead of being 89?? GARBAGE TIER!
What an absurd elitist rant : ) DE wants to re map old crappy system, give ALL players massive upgrades and all you can worry is loss of your "bis" gear status. What an entitled elitist and selfish sentiment! : ) Rather be happy that your lavans /zetkis are now a VALID CHOICE because before, even best rolls, were crap.

And don't give me that "for my build they are more then enough!" Not they were not. Git gud. Even my 89 cap. Vidar isn't big enough to fill the entire grid and you must make compromises. Having previous reactors prior update is like having a frame with no reactor. It sucked and now it's good. 

Edited by ThorienKELL

40 minutes ago, ThorienKELL said:

And don't give me that "for my build they are more then enough!" Not they were not. Git gud. Even my 89 cap. Vidar isn't big enough to fill the entire grid and you must make compromises.

That's very ironic statement in your post 🙂

if you are unable to fit veil viable builds within 70 avionics, then "git gud" is something that applies to You 😉

PS. you are not supposed to field full grid of zetki components, that's like the whole point of having those houses with different costs and bonuses. And it should stay this way. Otherwise there would be no point in separation between avionics and regular mods because it would be exact same S#&$.

5 hours ago, Elenortirie said:

That's very ironic statement in your post 🙂

if you are unable to fit veil viable builds within 70 avionics, then "git gud" is something that applies to You 😉

PS. you are not supposed to field full grid of zetki components, 

Reactor averages were to small. Reactor with +20 bonus may as well not be in game. Every player worth his salt seen that clearly. DE agreed and now they are making amends, bit late but better late then never. My point was that previous reactors were badly designed, and now that improved. No amount of flux is gonna make 50 avionics reactor viable choice. Nobody in right mind would choose zetki over vidar. I could make usable build at sigma reactor (what do you think I've used to farm for Vidar?) but that doesn't change the fact that system was poorly designed from the start. 

PS I don't have all zetki avionics. Our frames have forma, ship has nothing. To fill up the ship with best build you could possibly imagine would take nearly 150 capacity. Why give all those exquisite options then limit us to use sheer necessities? This system is still early alpha. Lot of things are going to change for sure. 

Edited by ThorienKELL

Just now, ThorienKELL said:

Reactor averages were to small. Reactor with +20 bonus may as well not be in game. Every player worth his salt seen that clearly. DE agreed and now they are making amends, bit late but better late then never. My point was that previous reactors were badly designed, and now that improved. No amount of flux is gonna make 50 avionics reactor viable choice. Nobody in right mind would choose zetki over vidar. I could make usable build at sigma reactor (what do you think I've used to farm for Vidar?) but that doesn't change the fact that system was poorly designed from the start. 

50 avionics reactor was a viable choice, but not at wreckage price for it. and zetki reactor ontop of that could only reach that 50 at it's best which is very hard to get, so it was oftentimes lower on avionic capacity than the much cheaper sigma mk3 reactor.

don't get me wrong I'm not saying that old numbers were good or anything (I believe quite to the contrary) I was just poking at your argument of "git gud" being used in kind of ironic way 😉

speaking of poking fun at ironic statements - you can't say something is not going to be viable choice and then within same post claim that you were able to make usable build with something that meets criteria you just claimed non-viable xD

(as much as I can leave with randomized stats in overall randomized avionics capacity is a bad design in my book - having more room to wiggle specialization of a ship should be granted by continuous deterministic effort, not luck. and ontop of that - and that includes every stat not only avionics on reactor - ability to roll one stat lower than possible roll from the tier below is also a bad design - unless rolls were not pure random but tied together and the number on one of attributes would determine the numbers on the other end for example let's take engines - the only way I can find it acceptable for mk3 base speed bonus to be able to roll below mk2s speed bonus can is, if that have meant that it has really high boost multiplier - and anything higher in base speed would mean lowering boost multiplier)

9 hours ago, ThorienKELL said:

My lavan is now 81 instead of being 89?? GARBAGE TIER!
What an absurd elitist rant : ) DE wants to re map old crappy system, give ALL players massive upgrades and all you can worry is loss of your "bis" gear status. What an entitled elitist and selfish sentiment! : ) Rather be happy that your lavans /zetkis are now a VALID CHOICE because before, even best rolls, were crap.

And don't give me that "for my build they are more then enough!" Not they were not. Git gud. Even my 89 cap. Vidar isn't big enough to fill the entire grid and you must make compromises. Having previous reactors prior update is like having a frame with no reactor. It sucked and now it's good. 

9 hours ago, ThorienKELL said:

What an absurd elitist rant : )

You don't say.

Git gud was addressed to any that would possibly delude themselves in thinking that any other reactor is a balanced choice /that people with different play-style would possibly take in some circumstances.
In making only one reactor viable choice you are making other reactors jut a mere filler. It is precisely a thing that DE wanted to avoid, which they proved in announced changes. 

I'm sorry if I was unclear on this, If I was unclear. 

Elenortirie:
I've used "viable" in a sense of equally valid choice. Something that part of players would consider to supplement their build. I can make a frame work even without reactor, using just basic mods, augur mods .... no corrupted /primed mods, no exilus ... but i wouldn't describe it as "viable choice" to a new player. We're discussing semantics really, clearly we agree on main issues. 

41 minutes ago, ThorienKELL said:

In making only one reactor viable choice you are making other reactors jut a mere filler. It is precisely a thing that DE wanted to avoid, which they proved in announced changes. 

You're not wrong in vidar being the supremely optimal choice. The reason i wanted my other reactors kept perfect is because I recognize this issue and I think DE will come back to deal with it down the line, and when they do, I want to be prepared with my lavan and zetkis.

• Like 1

All I'm taking away from this is that someone is complaining about how their maxed old epeen is getting outdated and that they should be compensated for it ...

I guess I have stolkholm syndrom with Blizzard then.  You are getting an upgrade, take it.  Whining about the grind is about as effective as bringing a bucket of water to Australia right now

1 minute ago, ptolimios said:

All I'm taking away from this is that someone is complaining about how their maxed old epeen is getting outdated and that they should be compensated for it ...

I guess I have stolkholm syndrom with Blizzard then.  You are getting an upgrade, take it.  Whining about the grind is about as effective as bringing a bucket of water to Australia right now

They remapped the reactors. Everyone got an upgrade corresponding to the power level of their previous reactor. I did the grind. I didn't want to do it a second time. Thankfully I do not have to. Ya soo.

Edited by Skaleek

On 2020-01-15 at 10:43 AM, Skaleek said:

I did your farm DE. I did the evil, grindy, RNG based farm and I finished it. I grinded the crap out of it over my holiday. Please do not invalidate the hard work I put in by rerolling my reactors into a potential garbage tier.

Skipping the rest of this and focusing on this only.

Yeah I understand your pain and anguish in finding out that your time might be 'wasted'. However, you're the one that deemed the grind you went through as 'worth it' when you participated, even if you didn't like it and 'pushed through' you still told DE "hey, this is okay".  DE should learn (as should those who support this new level of RNG) that random stats on stuff with RNG chance to drop isn't a good system for Warframe. Spending hours upon hours to get parts that will most likely be inferior to what you already have, gee, what fun. 

Just now, Tinklzs said:

Skipping the rest of this and focusing on this only.

You shouldnt, though.

Just now, Tinklzs said:

Yeah I understand your pain and anguish in finding out that your time might be 'wasted'. However, you're the one that deemed the grind you went through as 'worth it' when you participated, even if you didn't like it and 'pushed through' you still told DE "hey, this is okay".  DE should learn (as should those who support this new level of RNG) that random stats on stuff with RNG chance to drop isn't a good system for Warframe. Spending hours upon hours to get parts that will most likely be inferior to what you already have, gee, what fun. 

Unfortunately, I do not have as much time to play Warframe these days as I used to. I played over my holiday which has come and gone. If they had requested i regrind the reactors I would not have been able to do so for some time. My request was simply to not have my time invalidated for braving their early content, a request that was granted.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThorienKELL said:

Alright, now my Vidar reactor is +98 (was +89) and has +22 Flux
But my zetki is now +78 /+247 flux!!

This is how you make a viable choice!

Yeah, this is why i kept my 50/270 zetki for the inevitable balancing that would have to come from it. Perhaps you understand now why I did what I did.