Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Experience Limbo

mega_lova_nia

I'm now at the point where i'm stuck between two worlds where i can't even classify myself as a newbie or a well experience player. My arsenal and skills are good enough to join what vets join (ESOs, arbitrations, sorties, RJ missions, etc), but not good enough to actually amount to something that vets would approve or even surviving. Tried building weapons to no avail, spent too many catalysts on wrong weapons that probably won't get me anywhere, asking people what mods to use, what to bring, formatted weapons to my liking based on people's builds but ended up being trumped by another type of build which requires different set of forma configurations, etc. But it's just not good enough. People also shared about being successful with their riven trades with good stats and whatnots, i guess my luck ran out when getting a reactor i don't deserve. This problem is also strikingly visible for me in RJ missions. Being foolishly enough to build my own, i realized that im still not good enough to face RJ enemies, especially in veil. Since most of RJ players have already zoomed out to veil, finding crew members is tough. Joining a crew is another thing, when joining crew with the same MR as i am, i felt like im being useful, but being amidst vets, im just plain useless and all i get from them are just looks of disapproval for trying my best.

Am i missing something? If i'm not ready for near endgame gameplay, how come im able to do it anyway when certain aspects of the game is designed for endgame players? What am i supposed to do at these stages? i'm confused.

17 minutes ago, mega_lova_nia said:

, i realized that im still not good enough to face RJ enemies, especially in veil

From your post and what I read, you simply aren’t ready for railjack.  That’s fine, you don’t need to do it right this moment, it’ll be here for a while and you’ll have ample time with it later.

For now focus on prioritizing a few things :

1.  Mods.  Get your mods leveled up.  Farm Endo, buy and trade for Ayatan sculptures, etc.  A maxed serration, vitality, and hornet strike can pretty much take you throughout the entirety of the starchart.

2.  Pick a frame.  Find a primary frame you enjoy and learn it entirely from end to end (my personal suggestions are Nova and/or Mesa).  Learn each ability, learn when to use them, etc.

3.  Pick a meta gun and gun type you prefer.  I generally run a Tigris Prime for general purpose along with a sonicor as my secondary for the CC effect and an Orthos Prime.  Of those I think only the Tigris is considered a meta, but I use the others often enough and have good enough mods on them that the sonicor remains serviceable until around level 100 and the Orthos can just now enemies down.

The big key is focus on the things you learned at the start.  Things like leveling mods and Forma on weapons are the only real differences between vets and those not considered vets (along with a better understanding of game mechanics but you’ll get that as you level weapons and frames).

What i did when reaching that point was to start looking for information outside of the game itself. There are lots of interesting tools out there to help you try different build combinations, and also several content creators that share guides/videos/etc. showing lots of interesting builds and ways to push warframes and weapons to their limits. For example,  warframe builder is one of the main tools i use, both for experimenting with builds and looking for builds submitted by other players; and regarding content creators, i can recommend you to check Relentless Zen videos on YouTube. There are several other youtubers who post builds, but i particularly like him because of how he emphasizes on synergies between frames and weapons.

Edited by General-Pacman

Join a clan. They SHOULD help you. You'll also get acces to more weapons and frames that way.

Find a couple of primary/secondary/melee weapons that you enjoy playin with and feel comfortable with.

Try and experiment with mods, you'll quickly learn what mods aren't worth using. Dying too quickly? Maybe mod for health and armor. Abilities too weak? Mod for strength. And so on.

Pick a frame, a good allrounder and something you like. Learn it inside out: what do the abilities do EXACTLY, when/how to use them, do they have any synergies.... I used Excalibur till I was about MR12 I think.

Look up the Wiki. Check the entries for warframes (you'll also see what the abilities do and what mods affect them in great detail), check mod drops, weapon drops, warframe drops etc. Also on general information about the game (boss fights, mechanics, etc.)

Complete the starchart. Play a collector: get all the frames that drop on the starchart, later get the other ones (gotta catch them all! :).

Don't let the elitism get you down and dont burn out. Do stuff at your own pace, mastery comes with time, You'll get there, and when you do remember the newbies and help them.

2 hours ago, mega_lova_nia said:

what about modding, it seems like people can nail their mods while i cannot, even if i follow their configurations carefully or from youtube videos

Don't follow youtubers.

Also give an example built so we can get an idea if your issue is with modding at all.

Moreover, currently, with the umbral forma, there's an abundance of umbral builds.

If you want to excell modding takes you so far, knowing what to bring is 60% of the deal.

E.g. Umbra is excelent in the veil, but I wouldn't bring him to eso or lich hunting. Or I can bring a barely modded Equinox to a low lvl fissure and my team will still have no one to fight.

Edited by Ver1dian

5 hours ago, DarkSkysz said:

Lie. They will help IF they want to. Demanding stuff from others will just get you blacklisted. OP, avoid these bad advices.

I said SHOULD not MUST. But then again; maybe I should have been clearer that I think that joining a clan *could* help a strugling player.

Edited by TamePingu
Clarity

Don't follow youtubers builds, some of them are depressing, but you can use most of them like a guide and then perfect it to your own playstyle. I would like to help you personally in game, but since probably we aren't on the same servers (I'm chilean, spansih server) the ping would be awful or I wouldn't be able to link things for you (like mdos or arcanes). But I can give you advices from my own experience:

- The wiki is your bible. There is a ton of info on there, the comment section is priceless, because provide more context to some things you couldn't catch on the wiki page itself.

- Youtube is a guide. Instead of putting catalyst on everyuthing like a maniac (or a bored vet implying both terms aren't the same) look for videos and see how the weapon works. Don't marry a content creator, look for someone who do reasonable builds or at least use more info instead memes to keep the video more serious and straight to the point. What is a reasonable build? A build without 9 formas on everything they made. I've saw some builds on some channels that are worst than a more cheaper one (like umbral gara vs a non umbral gara i.e.). 

- Dunno how the things are in your region, but most of the time people are pretty much misguided by youtubers on region chat and that can be confusing sometimes, I would advise to avoid it if possible.

- Forums and reddit are good resource of experiences. Like the comments on the wiki, you can view others experiences on the game, but contrary to the wiki comments, you have to dig harder to find a good thread.

- Don't burn yourself farming, that will fill you with hate, dread and despair. Later we will see you consumed by your anger stalking other tennos who have the things you've been farming for months. Seriously talking tho, don't burn yourself, everything will come to you eventually if you play the content.

- MR is a  thing who most of the people find useless, but beign able to put a forma and have almost the same capacity for mods as if was lvl 30, is something pretty nice. Dunno what your MR is, but reaching 16 should be a priority, because everything on the game is unlocked for you at that level (all the weapons are unliocked on mr 14 iirc, mr 16 is for rivens). Also, the higher the mr, most easily you can farm standing for syndicates.

- Until you have a functional vazarin operator (who can push you on every content with every warframe), zenurik is probably the most usefull thing for you. If you are running zenurik, magus elevate will keep you alive most of the times. With vazarin, you can ditch magus elevate from your build and focus on other things (like arcane guardian, arcane strike, etc)

- Warframe have an holistic approach to most of the content. That means, you don't have to focus just on the frame or the weapons, but on the TOTAL sinergy you can achieve. For example, I use a strange build for umbra + vazarin operator, most of the people would laugh at it because it doesn't have str or eff... But I don't need them at all, because I don't use the frame most of the time. 

- Don't try to do "new things" until you have the experience with the meta and a "meassure" to compare things. The first META OP DESTROYER weapon I got was Tigris Prime and dispatched it from my build when I got vectis prime, later acceltra and in the present the shedu. "But there is a bunch of other op meta weapons!" yeah, but like I said, I rarely use my frame (now i'm using it because i'm having a blast with the new moves for nikanas) and those weapons are nice for umbra when he is free from the oprator control (because the reload time mostly) (p.s: see? holistic view). hell, there was a time I was using just hikou prime and a melee and umbra was a beast, master of infinite shurikens.

Sorry if nothing of value was added to you with this long comment, but I wish you luck on this journey. Have fun dear tenno.

EDIT:

I forgot to add!

DON'T BUY RIVENS OR VAULTED PRIME PARTS UNLESS YOU ARE 100% SURE OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING. 

Edited by xHeretic

my advice is to focus on whatever you enjoy using: the more you use it, the better you'll get over time with it anyway, and you won't have those "I wish i brought X, I'd be having more fun right now" moments. if you happen to enjoy non-meta weapons and frames then good for you: you can still easily reach a point where you're as good as everyone else no matter what you bring, it's just a question of getting together mods and resources to make it work. I've seen and used more than my fair share of loadouts that make me think "WTF?" only to see it work like a charm and even have highest damage dealt at the end of the game. anything can work, it's just a question of how.

as for recommendations, I'd say once you've got your essential mods levelled up (Vitality, Serration, etc.), have a look at some of the Nightmare (Dual stat) and Corrupted Mods; learning how to use those can really help with your build. modding can seem a bit overwhelming, but don't be discouraged! you can also ask around and most people should be nice enough to at least give you a helpful reply.

don't worry about Railjack either, you'll just enjoy it a lot more once it's more stable and a bit less grindy anyway. I kind of wish I had waited until after all these fixes, but hey ho.

Don’t worry I’m mr 28 and RJ is sooo dumb I can’t be bothered. When my squads insist on doing this I cannot see the point of it..... just a bunch of resources and pointless missions for what? Resources? I got the ultra rare space creepy ship epherma and that was cool..... 

just ignore RJ and you’ll be ok... let’s hope they don’t forget about the game - since RJ could easily be some other game - and they get back on it.

the queens, the sentient stuff, the stalker etc. etc..... never have finished one story line yet.......

17 hours ago, mega_lova_nia said:

hmm, okay, ill try and enjoy the game a bit more without burning myself with farming and all

as for modding, here is an example of my rubico prime

https://imgur.com/QTeJtBN https://imgur.com/a/cpHkX8e

or my trusted skiajati

https://imgur.com/a/FS2fGNe

strong enough for lvl 50 below, not enough for lvl 60 above.

I can see the problem actually. Focus on status and crit chance if the weapon allows it, a few weapons and builds works just with 1 type (but is a monster on that focus,, status or crit chance). Take out spiled strike from the skiajati, in melee more speed = more dps, more status chance, more critchance because you hit more times (it's like the multishot of primary and secondary weapons, but not the same). Viral + heat is  a nice combo right now. Try to level up the 2 sacrifical mods. For the primary, multishot is key, always, that improve everything on your build.

For the Skiajati, I would do something like: http://warframe-builder.com/s/663c45c60e4dae00
For the Rubico Prime, I would do something like: http://warframe-builder.com/s/d0b9da7da740a001

Try those builds and please tell me if worked for you. I case you don't have amalgam mods or you are missing some primed ones, it's ok too, just use the normal version. If you don't understand why I used those builds, please tell me too and I'll be happy to explain. Cheers tenno!