Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ignore Feature Needs A Work Around/Way To Still Contact The person.

_Eclips3_

It gets really annoying when someone interprates what you said the wrong way, then they say something rude/harsh towards you then they hit ignore and you can't even reply or explain what you really meant. Like, it's really annoying, especially when it comes to trading, you make an offer, they just say "Are you joking you (Insert something abusive)" then block you, not giving you a chance to say you didn't realise it was worth more and you are willing to pay higher.

2 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Kinda defeats the purpose of ignoring someone though, doesn't it?

Yeah, still, stopping all forms of communication is a bad idea. Especially when you had potential good trade deal/item you want to buy that is rare.

Edited by XxElite2015xX

4 minutes ago, XxElite2015xX said:

Yeah, still, stopping all forms of communication is a bad idea. Especially when you had potential good trade deal/item you want to buy that is rare.

No, it is not.  No one is obliged to listen to you if they choose not to.  You have no right to get in a final word or have the last say, nor do people have to listen to some explanation from you for what you said.

9 minutes ago, XxElite2015xX said:

you make an offer, they just say "Are you joking you (Insert something abusive)" then block you, not giving you a chance to say you didn't realise it was worth more and you are willing to pay higher.

In that case, if the person is being abusive towards you then you should report that instance and move on.  Why would you want to deal with someone being abusive?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

No, it is not.  No one is obliged to listen to you if they choose not to.  You have no right to get in a final word or have the last say, nor do people have to listen to some explanation from you for what you said.

In that case, if the person is being abusive towards you then you should report that instance and move on.  Why would you want to deal with someone being abusive?

Because you still want that trade? 

2 minutes ago, XxElite2015xX said:

What ever, can't be asked to argue with everyone, so I don't have to listen and will use the ignore button here.

But what if we want to contact you and tell you that you misinterpreted us and explain what we really meant?

Edited by (XB1)Shodian
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, XxElite2015xX said:

No idea what you mean. Lots of people have a short temper.

There's nothing worth "getting mad about" here. You made an offer and instead of being reasonable and simply rejecting it, they choose to ignore you for this and any future trades.

You also said they first responded with something abusive, that's not the sort of individual you want to deal with; they did you a favor by ignoring you. You are very forgiving of poor behavior...

Someone else will have what you are looking for...the probability of you and this tightly wound individual coming to an agreement has converged on never.

Work around? Tell your clanmate to talk to that player

Why should i listen to explanations? To get told i got that all wrong and it is fine? Cause you want to trade? You would tell me anything just to get it.

I dont even trade at tradechan, i just use wfmarket and even there ppl often are rude and try to scam or fool me. I often let em explain and always get the same S#&$, or they are rude again after the trade ... so ,sry if u arnt that kind of person, but there are so many nice ppl around that still would trade 😉 with you, even if that one ignore you.

I've had sellers that I've had to block, because they, "Had an offer I just couldn't pass up," and I was not interested in what they had. ...But they went for the hard sell.
"You must be an idiot if you don't want this.
"Sorry, but I'm not interested. Best of luck elsewhere."
"You don't understand!! This is worth it!!"
"Sincerely, I will not be buying this from you or anyone. Thanks I suppose, goodbye and good luck."
"BUT IT DOES THIS AND THIS AND THAT??!!! WHY WHAT IS WRONG WITH Y-" *Ingored*

In this instance, they absolutely would love the feature to keep hounding me about selling me things.
I would absolutely have no reason to want them to, and need them ignored.

"But I wasn't being that guy about it." ...well, you may not, but others will.
This feature is necessary, and if the person is adamant enough to block you over not wanting to make a deal, then there's no deal to be made. Full stop.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, XxElite2015xX said:

What ever, can't be asked to argue with everyone, so I don't have to listen and will use the ignore button here.

Gee, I wonder why people block you.

The ignore and block may have a workaround. An old, possible problem of asking other people to message ignored person. https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1068913-help-i-ignored-someone-and-they-are-sending-other-people-to-me-for-that/

All platforms that Warframe is on, all have options to block or ignore someone.

PS4 https://www.playstation.com/en-nz/get-help/help-library/my-account/parental-controls/how-to-use-your-playstation-4-to-block-or-unblock-a-playstation-/
Xbox one https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/friends-social-activity/friends-groups/block-or-mute-other-player
Switch https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/47651/kw/block user
PC Steam https://support.steampowered.com/kb_cat.php?id=62&t=qanda But Warframe does not fully integrate with steam. Different in-game name, different friends list.

Consoles can be more annoying trying to send message. Some platforms went one step farther with an option to limit messages to friends only in privacy settings, which is often annoying. Can't send message due to their privacy settings.
PS4 https://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/privacy.html
Warframe appears to not have "/i everyone-not-on-my-friends-list" which doesn't work.