Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you redo a railjack mission without finishing it?

Portlalaland

Question

I know you can just "Navigate" to dry dock. This seems to make you lose everything (intrinsic, affinity, end mission reward), but not your loot (can anyone confirm?). But how to "redo" the mission? Do people just navigate to dry dock then navigate to the mission node quickly, or there's a quicker way than that? Thanks.

6 answers to this question

you dont lose your affinity or intrinsics when you go back to the drydock. the progress is always saved when you see the mission rewards pop up in the middle of the screen

if you dont see them in the mission screen thats just a "visual" bug. 

9 hours ago, RougeMagma said:

I know you can just "Navigate" to dry dock. This seems to make you lose everything (intrinsic, affinity, end mission reward), but not your loot (can anyone confirm?). But how to "redo" the mission? Do people just navigate to dry dock then navigate to the mission node quickly, or there's a quicker way than that? Thanks.

Whenever the current mission is finished, you have the option to stay, go back to dry dock, or re-select the same nod to restart the current mission. Keep in mind that doing so before the current mission ends would render you to lose everything earned within that mission.

20 minutes ago, IIAc3sII said:

Secondly, you CAN use the navigation menu at any time, even when objectives have not been completed yet, IF you start the mission with at least 2 people in your squad (so you and someone else) and IF you began the mission from your dojo's drydock, NOT when you begin the mission from your railjack above your orbiter.

On console at least, this is very inconsistent. When I play with the same person I play with every night, we always start from the drydock, we always have 2 people in the squad. Occasionally I can access nav mid-mission, occasionally not. We never play public (well not with me in the squad - he does if i'm not around), and I'm always host.

As we often (about 1 in 4 times if we don't return to the drydock after every run) have to abort (ie. test navigation or abort if it doesnt work) due to progression stopping bugs on console, we get to test this more than we'd like and this is over 700 to 1000 runs. 

on console - we still keep intrinsics unless your game crashes or you dashboard.

my understanding is that post some hotfixes on pc intrinsics are kept if you navigate away from mission using console or if you fail the mission, but not if you abort . But I have bothered to check on my pc account.

Edited by (XB1)Tucker D Dawg

On 2020-01-15 at 9:34 PM, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

I was just posting for the poor console players who stumble across this thread.

Like me, so thanks for the info.  I lost a partical ram drop yesterday because the game decided it only needed to spawn 3 crew ships.  I was on solo mode (as I often am) so had no access to the nav console for any tricks to try and keep the rare mod.  This thread would have been more helpful *before* that mission unfortunately.  For starters I would have been on friends-only rather than solo.