COMING SOON: Devstream #136 + 1 Million Celebration!

[DE]Rebecca

Devstream136_1080p.jpgWho:  Rebecca is joined by the usual crew on the couch!

What:  This Devstream will kick off with a full review of the survey we put out over the Holidays! Over 28,000 of you took time to reply, so let’s see what data we have and what was said! We will use the survey to contextualize our goals for 2020 and show you what comes next (where’s the rest of Railjack)!

Join us for 3 hours after the stream to celebrate with visits from more faces at DE, a very special Stalker segment, and a wordplay game that we will surely need your help with.

Prizes? Oh yes! We have plenty of Digital Prizes to give out.

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe and mixer.com/playwarframe

Twitch Drop / Mixer Reward: Tune in to find out what you can snag for watching our Devstream!

When: Join us this Friday, January 17th at 2 p.m. We will be running until 6 p.m!

Ask your questions here – you have until 10 a.m Friday!

By installing the Youtube app for free on your Nintendo Switch, you can conveniently watch the stream on the Warframe Youtube channel from your portable system!

Mandatory "Mirage Deluxe when?"

Are we going to get more environmental hazards in the Railjack missions? I know the storm was advertised and is probably in the work, but how about something cool and terrifying like Black Holes or Neutron Stars, something that would be high risk-high reward for the player to be around?

Are the Liches gonna be integrated in the main game? As it stands, there is no need to engage with the system, as it is so out of the way and so remote that it can safely be ignored. However, playing it in isolation shows that it will greatly benefit the main game, were it to be integrated in it.

What's the plan with the Rank 40 weapons? They're not well received at all as far as I can see, so will you do something about them? Will you let the current ones be but not make any more? Or will you just outright ignore them and make more rank 40 weapons with no changes or incentive to get them to rank 40?

In one of the recent Devstreams, you guys said you are considering normal spawn rates for solo players (instead of the quarter spawns we have now). Any progress on that front?

What are the planned changes for NightWave S3?

Will there be other Umbral Warframes besides Excal? Rhino Umbra specifically is what my clan leader wants to know about.

Finally, can we please get a sortie token system? I'm sick and tired of getting useless Kuva and even more useless Rivens.

Hey DE!

As of late, the community has been asking more and more to focus on fixing the game’s bugs, balancing resource grinds, RNG, damage, enemies, etc., and integrating islands like PoE, Fortuna, Liches, and now Railjack to the broader game. Players want a focus to develop what is already in the game.

Warframe as a game survives by new content. However, perhaps it’s time we all be patient for new content. Finishing the New War, Railjack, and Orb Vallis’s third update (Third Orb) this year would be a fulfillment of Tennocon 2018 hype. Regular additions such as Primes and unvaultings, Nightwaves seasons, perhaps new frames and weapons, would all be acceptable. But adding more systems to the game right now should not be a priority.

DE, please could we have a “Year of Health”, in which you work with the community to polish this game?

Thanks Rebb for reading this, hope this gets into the Devstream somehow.

3 minutes ago, kxZyle said:

Hi! o/

Hold heavy attacks are currently very easy to trigger accidentally on most melee weapons, disrupting flow and resulting in loss of combo count. Do you have plans to make them toggleable? If not, why not?

I would also like this question brought up, as I think its a very common pain point for melee players at the moment.

Will the problems with Railjack reactors and Avionics with RNG be addressed and or fixed? I spent the entire holidays farming and only got one vidar reactor that was only 15 points better than my Lavan and it was at 58 previously.. On that same note can we please use Dirac to upgrade components? I have so much of it sitting around and it's doing nothing.

Railjack PC controller fixes incoming? Looking forward to same great controls as main game before really putting time in.

Examples from other users:

Controller keybinds (Railjack, Railjack related, etc...)

Can you use an Xbox controller on pc to play warframe?

Please fix railjack controls for gamepads. Multiple controls are not mappable at all. +more issues

6 minutes ago, kxZyle said:

Hi! o/

Hold heavy attacks are currently very easy to trigger accidentally on most melee weapons, disrupting flow and resulting in loss of combo count. Do you have plans to make them toggleable? If not, why not?

Definitely agree this needs to be added. If your mouse and/or keyboard support rebinds, then you can kind of work around it by setting the key to be a single-press macro of itself. So the key I use for melee just doesn't work as being held down, since it's just a macro of a single quick press. Not optimal, but functional.

Hi!

i was wondering if their is ever a chance for the Phased Vauban and Rubedo rhino skins getting a prime toggle. Currently, they show the prime parts if used on their primes, yet with no option to turn them off. Also, is their ever a chance for similar skins being released in the future that have an animated texture to some parts? 

Hi Rebecca,

Please discuss some of the ranges set in railjack. Namely: The vidar shield passive (50m to proc ionic) and some of the winged avionics (30-100m). 30m i think is actually impossible to get in range of. Surely we can all agree these numbers need to be increased, and in some cases (winged avionics, imo) removed. If someone wants to play an "Archwing carrier", let them.

Also, please discuss the passives on some of the shield arrays. I think there was little to no testing done there, more info:

Archived