[DE]Rebecca

COMING SOON: Devstream #136 + 1 Million Celebration!

11 hours ago, Skaleek said:

Hi Rebecca,

Please discuss some of the ranges set in railjack. Namely: The vidar shield passive (50m to proc ionic) and some of the winged avionics (30-100m). 30m i think is actually impossible to get in range of. Surely we can all agree these numbers need to be increased, and in some cases (winged avionics, imo) removed. If someone wants to play an "Archwing carrier", let them.

Also, please discuss the passives on some of the shield arrays. I think there was little to no testing done there, more info:

Those Archwing Carriers are the main reason squads seem to struggle from my short experience with the game mode so far. Can't exactly keep your ship alive if 3/4 of the squad yeets out into space leaving just the last person to pilot and make repairs. At most there should only be 2 out there and that's to deal with the secondary objective if there's one at all AND crewships if both are active at once. I had one whole mission where the pilot was stupid by deciding to sit right next to the missile platform while I tried to get inside, though it was also bugging the hell out when I was trying to get inside while everyone else surprisingly was tending to the ship

Is there any news on reworking the new player experience? I can't wait to see that kickass trailer from tennocon in-game!

As has been mentioned in devstreams during the end of the year, you are working on cross progression. What are your plans to implement this? how do you plan to try to bridge the barrier between consoles and pc that is caused by the need for console update certification? Or is the plan to just have the functionality cross console only?

P.S. My name is not related to the movies and i have never seen them

Well, I have some questions.

First, you mentioned that arm cannons would be modular, but Shedu is not modular. You're planning to make modular primaries as arm cannons or you scrapped the idea?

Second, Hildryn is now the only warframe that can buff allies shields significally and make them useful, making her have a monopoly in that. You will make a warframe that can buff shields too, like making armor affect shields life it does for the health or something similar?

Third, WHERE'S MY PRISMA TWIN GRAKATAS?!?!?

12 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Ask your questions here – you have until 10 a.m Friday!

What is the progress on newbie experience rehaul? Been hearing about it maybe happening for years now and lack of tutorials turned off many friends that tried it. New intro trailer just seems like marketing atm instead of actual help for newbs like Junctions giving direction.

Any plans to fix Starchart storyline progression? Like Alad's change as a character being impossible to follow chronologically by normal Starchart unlocking, 2nd Dream starting before we reach Eris.

Is Lotus as mission announcer going to be changed considering current story? By Ordis for example. Personally Teshin becoming the MR test speaker would be better introduction to him as a mentor character than Conclave everyone avoids.

Edited by Opherie

Any new developments for changes that helps colorblind people? Example: The red squares that highlight enemies in the railjack missions, wish I could pick another color.

Pls update the current pet system so that it can be more convenient for us to bring our kavats/kubrows to the battlefield. Get rid of the stasis totally and let's switch pet at will & based on our loadout slots, e.g. I can equip a kubrow for my umbra then right away switch to nekros with a smeeta kavat if I want next mission. 

1-) in the game you already have dual dagger prime. when will solo dagger be released in prime?

2-) also kunai is a very old weapon along with the game start weapon. when will kunai prime be released?

3-) finally, when the hydroid prime trailer?

11 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

1. It's a freakin' video game, it doesn't exactly obey the laws of physics (hello double jump)
2. They can easily make the excuse that Veil is way outside the solar system. It's not like they have ever acknowledged that any solar systems exist outside of Sol anyway. For all we know, in the future Warframe is set in, Sol was ejected out of the galaxy thanks to a black hole wheezing past and completely disrupting the sun's orbit.

Except the small fact that all of those points are complete nonsense with nothing to support them. The model they use for the solar system has no evidence of being tampered with by foreign gravity - such as another galaxy or a passing black hole. The broken laws of physics are well explained with the Void, however that would do absolutely nothing to explain entire supernova-born celestial objects being inside of the solar system. The Veil's location was already stated as being just outside of the Outer Terminus, which is still inside of the Oort cloud and thusly still in the Sol system.

And even at that, a black hole or a neutron star being anywhere even near the Oort cloud itself would send the entire system in dissaray as moons and planets themselves would start flying into other planets and out of their orbits. However it would NOT be enough to eject the entire system out of its orbit around the galactic core. By all calculations even the merger with Andromeda would be unable to do so.
The beauty of Warframe is that while it has Deus Ex Machina moments, it keeps them fairly realistic. Not utter nonsense as you would suggest yourself. 

I'm not sure if anyone at De will see this but you guys seem to be tripling down on the grind and rng lately. I'm a filthy casual who can only play on the weekends and i'm develepoing serious FOMO because i fear since the New War isn't going to be a quest it is gojng to be handled like a tactical alert, nightwave, or going on throughout the whole community and be a one time thing.  So, if anyone doesn't have a maxed out archwing, railjack, paracesis or kuva weapons they are going to miss out on it.

There is still a outdated melee maneuver;

• Holding Right-click on a wall and then melee.

Wondering if one day it'll be fixed.

Can Immortal skins have prime toggles too?

Hi, Please can we take some time off making new frames and put that focus onto fixing some of the annoyances and bugs that have been around for 4+ years.  if you must fill the gap with no frame, just prime a couple while you give your game a health package, we really don't need more frames right now. we need actual playable content, there is no use doing the same broken stuff in a new frame, that doesn't change anything

1 minute ago, Zar.os said:

Hi, Please can we take some time off making new frames and put that focus onto fixing some of the annoyances and bugs that have been around for 4+ years.  if you must fill the gap with no frame, just prime a couple while you give your game a health package, we really don't need more frames right now. we need actual playable content, there is no use doing the same broken stuff in a new frame, that doesn't change anything

Exactly this.

I would not mind multiple primes being released at once, they could easily keep multiple packages up.

Have you considered going back to your roots of what made this game so popular to begin with?

People play fissures more than any game mode because they are rewarding..why not expand upon them offering armor peices, cosmetic gun attachments, new mod types, syandanas ect..in a new style fissure game mode or mini raids?

This game was built on the corridor parkour style ninja gameplay..why not revamp the old tilesets built for the original parkour system like you did for Jupiter instead of adding more empty islands.

Just my 2 cents 

P.S. Can you please fix Excaliburs radial javelin?  It's rather useless and redundant especially for the energy cost..nobody uses it outside of the star chart if even that.

Also can we please have the option to buy a few more loadout slots?  Even at MR28 it isn't enough.

Finally..can we have the option to separate pet armor from head and body.

there was a survey???

lmao i never saw anything ingame about this and i bet others missed it too. you only got 28 000 people to answer it so i dont even wanna imagine the amount of data you lost.

*slow clap*

The new warframe release? This January maybe? 

Edited by KreyLox

Is there going to be a fix for the new ephemera? The caches are way too low over 1.6k runs and no red caches. Just 12 yellow caches.

Do you do anything with a drop of Licz weapons? I beat the number 5 times and got 2 weapons and 3 replays. Maybe somehow you correct it so that the replays fly after getting all the weapons?

3 minutes ago, This_Guy_Steve said:

Is there going to be a fix for the new ephemera? The caches are way too low over 1.6k runs and no red caches. Just 12 yellow caches.

1600 runs would equal to about 400 hours. That seems rather unlikely.