Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

COMING SOON: Devstream #136 + 1 Million Celebration!

[DE]Rebecca

First of all missed those devstreams T_T 
I actually consider this more of a suggestion than a question but : Why don't railjacks are mission viable or at least be more of a portable headquarters like u could stop by an actual node, finish mission with crew and get back to spaceship along with stats of railjack activity along with every profile and like showing the best they are at as if it was a cv and most crews they were affiliated with so like it shows more of a competition and while doing all that , it could make railjack more of a main point rather than only a branch for warframe I could write the whole idea down and post it here if you need ❤️ missed ya guys alot also are we gonna get missions with multiple railjacks or not :3 ? 

Are you going to add different methods of getting items for Little Duck reputation besides going back and forth to take a new mission?

Or at least make a console outside in the Valis like you did with Plains to get missions like that.

Going back and forth to take a new mission is annoying, especially for people like me whose just one way trip on the elevator can take 15 minutes.

2020 Year of Quality, please.

How about stop dishing out more and more content and instead go back and fix the already existing content? I'm sure many people agree on that. And I'm also sure they would understand if Duviri, New War etc. gets delayed for another year.

Let the meme become reality so to speak, and let 2020 be the 2015 "Year of Quality" this game seriously needs. I don't want to abandon this game, honestly... the only reason why I even stick around anymore is because I invested in it so much already and I don't want it to go to waste.

On 2020-01-15 at 1:14 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Ask your questions here – you have until 10 a.m Friday!

Hey, I do have a few questions, but I want to start by saying that I appreciate your whole team does. It's easy for me to be critical as a player/consumer, especially without really understanding all of the things you're trying to juggle. Thank you.

1) My first question is about whether or not the team is happy with the state of the game, with regards to certain pain points for players. This might sound pedantic, but it's important because if these are things that are working as you intend, then there is absolutely no point trying to solve/change them.

• Unlocking non-prime warframes being more frustrating/difficult than their prime variants. This just seems backwards to me and I don't understand how this could be intentional. Trinity, Saryn, Mesa, Ivara, and Equinox run into this problem.
  • Open World rewards-per-challenge not scaling appropriately (ie. Pobbers are more challenging to capture than Kubrodons, but provide far less of a reward. It would make sense for the small, fast, jumping target to be the higher difficulty capture target, and not the other way around. Similar with Sawgaws.) This effect makes it, for the new player, feel as though as you progress through the game that the game actually gets easier, instead of harder. Is this intentional?
  • TRUE random drop tables vs PSEUDO random drop tables - For 99.9% of players, true random drops are fine. However, when you produce a game that reaches millions of players, you are destined to have individual players that are, due to no fault of their own, experience "cursed" gameplay. They are just the player that has the bad rolls. I have even felt this way at times. Many drops are tradeable, but some rare drops are untradeable and must be farmed (non-prime Ivara Chassis, for instance, has a 9% drop rate, so for every million players that farm Ivara, something like 50 of them will require 100+ runs to obtain the chassis). (In defense of pseudo random number generation, the system can be tuned such that the effect is imperceptible, but would prevent a significant number of complaints. I'm **not** suggesting that you attempt to make the game easier for 99.9% of the playerbase. I'm specifically referring to RNG outliers.)
  • So many weapons being noncompetitive. I know the purpose of the game isn't to have every piece of equipment be identical, and that you want to gate gear behind appropriate MR levels, and I appreciate that quite a lot. However when it comes to damage scaling in Warframe, there isn't a lot of flexibility. When building weapons, it's Raw damage, and then crit. Maybe you build for slash. The idea of status procs to weaken enemies was a nice thought, but there aren't many enemies where there is time to think about that. And for the majority of content, it moves too quickly for debuffing to be worthwhile. Is this working as intended?
  • Are stealth rifle kills supposed to provide bonus affinity? I feel like they used to, and then they stopped. Is this working as intended?

2) Secondly stealth finisher damage is currently bugged, and reduces as you increase attack speed. I've tested this with both procs from arcane strike, and attack speed mods. They all reduce damage, and the reduction stacks (+40% attack speed from arcane strike drops the damage, +30% from fury drops the damage further, and each proc of berserker drops it even further). The amount of drop, for example, is from 110k on a stealth finisher, down to 96.8k if arcane strike procs. So it's significant.

I had more questions but I lost them as I wrote. Congrats on a milli! I'm looking forward to the celebration tomorrow.

Best,

Rowdy

1. Any chance to expect PvPvE Conclave mode from 2015 with some changes? Plans? Thoughts? Anything?
2. Any ETA on syndicates involvement with Railjack content? Any more expansions for syndicates to have more impact than just augments providers?
3. Now that Blink is universal for all Archwings, can we have customizable keybind for it?
4. ETA on melee rivens changes?

Archived