The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

COMING SOON: Devstream #136 + 1 Million Celebration!

[DE]Rebecca

Firstly I just want to say thank you to the entire team for everything you do to continue to make Warframe an even better game. A lot of community energy is spent criticizing and looking for fixes, which isn't bad in itself, but we should also take time to appreciate the good.

My question is about the (speculative) next prime release, Titania, specifically whether it will include any rework of her skills?

With Railjack being a feature planned to spread throughout the whole game, can we have a look at some other issues in the existing state of the game? It's been made public that you have looked at a popular lich rework feedback and that you've commented on unrewarding drops such as 50 endo, can we also look at possibly fixing armor scaling? Magnetic status/damage being near useless compared to other better options (Magnetic reduces shields while toxic completely bypasses it)? Many augments are bandaids, useless, mandatory, or somewhere in the middle. I know it's a scary thought to focus too much on old content and potentially drop in player numbers, but the players are getting tired of systems in place that feel unrewarding, unbalanced, or unfinished. 

Hopefully you guys can fix the bugs affecting Railjack.  One I have noticed is that if you move the Artillery Cannon while holding down the fire button, it triggers a bug wher the Railjack starts moving downward without controlling it, the Tenno runs in place, and jumping is affected.  I'm also hoping to see more of the Railjack content like we saw in the Railjack demo shown at last year's Tennocon.

Good job on the hotfixes so far for RJ👍

However the giant kavat bug got me thinking if we can give kubrows the ability to grow that big and recieve bonus dmg and health and other abilities, because kubrows aren't in a good spot right now and something like that can really help them,(also I want to use the kubrow armor from nidus delux more often 😛)

Please have a look at the companion rework 🙂

I have a few questions now that Empyrean is out. This is one of the few times I'm touchy, but I think it's within reasonable bounds:

• Obligatory whiteboard review. What was met and what wasn't? If so, why not?
  • Railjack: Why choose to give drops with RNG stat values instead of the model shown at TennoCon (resource boosts equipment, etc.)?
  • What is the long term plan with Empyrean? At TennoVIP Japan you guys put up a vid saying new content (expanding it) would be here monthly. Does it still hold true?
  • We were promised the Railjack and Liches wouldn't be a content island, yet here we are. Do you plan on expanding and intertwining the systems, or even work towards bringing us somethimg similar to what was shown in demos?
    • Adding to above, what's the plan and goal with Squad link?
  • What's happened to the New Player experience? How is it evolving?
  • When does the War start? 👀
  • Any news to share regarding Echoes of Umbra?
  • Lastly, how do you tackle the WARFRAME behemoth in 2020? There's a lot of differing opinions on what the game needs (less new content and more fixing, keep the new content and fixes will just end up coming, what about old players, etc.), while clearly the game needs all of them. Have you given thought to this, and if so, could you share them?

Here's hoping a few are answered, even if not to me directly. Can't wait to see the stream, the data and you all again.

Thanks as always, and congrats on the million followers! 🙂

Awesome!

Cant wait to all those smiling faces on stream, pretending that everything is flawlessly perfect.

Celebrating ONE MILLION TWITCH Followers.. how exciting, never mind the fact the game is in rapid decline.

Thank you for all those great new game design mechanics that are so lazy they rely on 0.001% drop chances to make people play it.

Thank you for putting out balanced and tested content and listening to community feedback.

Great things are coming am sure.   

1. Are we ever going to get custom primary and secondary weapon positioning like Melee currently has?

2. Can we get the option to add sugatras to primary and secondary weapons?

3. Any update on the Proto weapon skins that we saw a long time ago?

4. Several skins and armor sets have mismatched color channels. Do you guys plan on doing a review for this to at least make the metallic slots consistent or give us the option to color individual armor pieces and helmets separately?

5. Please let us use Excal Prime's helmet/skin on Excal Umbra.

6. Updates on Melee 3.0/rage mode?

7. When are the changes to pets coming to remove stasis? It is still a big hindrance to using them.

8. Can you please stop disabling certain face gear when using certain head gear on operators? From what I have seen people were way less concerned with the clipping than their ability to customize their operators.

9. Any chance we will get the option to swap out exalted weapon models for their standard/prime/umbra appearances.

10. Is the loadout UI going to be overhauled to show everything that should be loadout specific(Archwings, their weapons, archwing guns for ground combat, operator arcanes and amps?

11. Are we ever going to get a focus dump? Once you max the schools there is nothing to do with accumulated focus.

12. Can we get more Loadout and Riven slots or possibly just uncap them and let us buy as many as we want?

13. Now that thrown weapons have a comfortable timed recall, are we ever going to get the Arcata added to PVE?

14. Can we get mod capacity removed while in the simulacrum so we can properly test builds before applying Forma?

15. With liches being added to the game are there any discussions about a better way to handle status immunity? Making enemies completely status immune removes a large chunk of the arsenal.

16. There are several items that are still exclusive to the chinese version of Warframe, including the Cadus, a chinese exclusive staff weapon. When can we expect these to be added to the global build?

17. What ever happened to Steve's "Alchemy" system that was supposed to use the infested room?

18. Any chance that we will get additional hotkeys on PC? Would be nice to be able to hotkey several orbiter functions like decorating or going to the foundry rather then going through menus.

19. WIll the acolyte and Plague Star ever become naturally reoccurring events like Razorback and the Formorian?

20. Now that they have been nerfed can we get access to the acolyte mods on Exalted weapons?

21. Can a system be added to use excess dirac to bump up Railjack rolls for an increased cost every time we use it? This would retain the value of good rolls but allow people to make steady progress should RNG not be on their side.

22. You recently allowed us to buy up to three additional cosmetic and mod loadouts but it wasn't added to operators. When can we expect them to get that feature as well?

Is this year going to focus on fine tuning the game, fixing old problems, touching base with the many 'islands' of content that is forgotten or isnt touched anymore?

Is the current issue of gameplay balance being broken [enemies being too tanky and deal insane damage, as well as adaptation not working properly] going to be patched soon?

Last devstream where Liches were VERY briefly touched upon had given quite a handful of us the impression that the feedback we gave for them doesnt mean anything. Is there changes to their implementation and gameplay on the way? They seem very anti player currently and many dont want to even play them.

Wow, that's a long stream you have planned. I'm in.

As for people mentioning the bugs and focus of game, I must fully agree that the game is in dire need of polishing.

Spamming light attack will sometimes trigger heavy attack which gets rid of combo counter you built up, as was mentioned by the first reply post on this thread, is a great nuisance as we have an alt fire which can trigger heavy attacks at our will, so we really don't need the hold mechanic (heavy attack) for the light attack button.

I've done the Exploiter Orb to get pieces of BPs for Hildryn as most other people had to and will have to. I must say I've never fought a buggier boss fight in a game than this. UI disappearing, Invisible Ice on Exploiter Orb's vents, Phase 2 cave door not opening (infinite loading), to name a few.

I've played this game with a friend and we both came across situations where we like "shucks, I wish they had fixed this instead of pulling out new content" and it really hits hard when you notice how much polishing is due, because bugs can either make the game seem funny or put off the player from wanting to play due to how miserable the content becomes to get through.

But then again I think about it and maybe your idea is to fully release all major content you have had planned into the game and once that's over, polish it so new released content wouldn't break old fixes? That would be wise and all, but I think some players are literally getting impatient at times, but don't let this burden you.

Warframe is still the one game I find myself enjoying a lot even after hundreds, and soon thousands, of hours put into it, so it goes without any doubt that I look up to your work and the amount of attention it gets from community and the developers is astonishing.

Keep up the great work, but please tend to the gem of a content that we already have, as well.
It's INTACT right now, but we'd like it FLAWLESS.

I'm not sure if this has been asked before or if a similar matter has been addressed: rather than having the community bombard you with questions of "do you have any plans for my specific need right now?" would it be possible to release a road map or a timeline for things that are in the works or things that plan to be worked on? It doesn't need to be 100% transparent--even as a player, I don't need to know everything the development team is working on--but some milestones or highlights with brief details would be monumental.

Looking forward to the Devstream, and keep up the solid work on the game!

Archived