Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scrapping avionics screen

Ariae

Hi! I had a rank 7 vidar hyperstrike equipped on my railjack, decided to scrap the other ones that were S#&$ty but the scrap screen didn't mention any ranks or at least didnt' show it obvious enough because I ended up scrapping the equipped hyperstrike as well.

This is a really bad interface for handling the amount of  avionics you collect and pray to RNG jesus and frankly my time is worth more than to just omit that part of handling drops. At least show which rank (like in the previous page where you equip them) or like, explain what all icons and numbers mean because I spent a fair deal of time finding and upgrading that mod and this is very offputting to accidentally scrap equipped mods.

Might've even happened to my max rank hull and armor mods and at that point I would've probably ragequitted the game. So this means i have to put back going to the void with my railjack because I don't have enough damage on my turrets anymore. Why?

• Like 3

its not just the avionics scrapping ui that is trash - the wreckage scrapping is too.

for example I had a Shield selected that I wanted to keep.  I then  highlighted another one which showed poor stats so I clicked scrap. Since the scrap screen didn't show the stats of what I was scrapping, it scrapped the first shield I had rather than the one I expected to get tossed. 

I've also scrapped guns I didn't mean to for the same reason - and have no choice but to use the horrible ui as we have to micro manage our wreckage and can't just let it pile up until someone at DE manages to design a half decent UI.

• Like 1

The interface is godawful.

DE really wanted to bring across that Avionics worked differently than mods. But not only is that not true, even if it was true the UI did not need a drastic overhaul for how the player uses Avionics

Justdrop the pretense and use the same UI you use for mods already. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, [DE]Saske said:

Hello AriaeIn the next Hotfix we will add a toggle to show equipped and show ranked avionics on the scrap avionics screen . You can contact Customer Support to get your rank 7 Vidar Hyperstrike back.

Warframe0094.jpg

Any chance there will be a tab added for tactical and battle avionics as well as they don't have house assignments?

• Like 1

vor 11 Minuten schrieb [DE]Saske:

Hello AriaeIn the next Hotfix we will add a toggle to show equipped and show ranked avionics on the scrap avionics screen . You can contact Customer Support to get your rank 7 Vidar Hyperstrike back.

Warframe0094.jpg

Thanks. Actually nobody needs the toggle tho I guess. Everybody wants it toggled on anyways 😄

And PLEASE show the rolled stat for wreckage (weapons) right away. It is really annoying having to press TAB over and over again just to see it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, [DE]Saske said:

Warframe0094.jpg

That's nice to hear.

I'm curious why you don't just take the UI elements from the "upgrade avionics" screen and reuse it as that would feel more intuitive, there's a disconnect between the scrap, upgrade and equip screen that isn't very obvious and makes for a pretty rough experience.

Someone told me that the numbers on the bottom right of each mod tells me how upgraded my mod is but that doesn't tell me a) How many ranks the avionic has, b) which house it belongs to, c) what it's max rank is and d) which one is equipped - all of which is information that simplifies what to scrap or not.  What I mean is that it isn't apparent wether the number means Max 7 upgrades or currently 7 upgrades.

UX Idea: A nice "highlight mod" or "checkbox" could also mark your mods for saving, or mark mods for scrapping which would add 100% confidence in what you're destroying. This would require a screen that handles your avionics with all their info kind of like the upgrade screen that shows filled or empty dots, house, and all that info.

Also want to mention I was very frustrated when this happened which is the reason for this post, and I kinda went overboard a bit. But at least I still have the opinion that you should keep the UI consequential even if mods and avionics aren't the same thing they fill the same function of improving something, and changing interface between the two throws me off even after almost 2000 hours of gameplay - I obviously scrapped things I didn't want despite having spent that much time with the game. I'll contact customer support and see if it's possible to replace it. Thanks!

Edited by Ariae
Spelling and correcting

35 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Where do i scrap my extra wavionics i don't need? Not seeing any option for that? I figured it was possible just not seeing it.

Stil trying to get better hyperstrike and frontal artillary avionics.

Bottom right of the screen in avionics menu, but as shown in this topic, careful what you scrap as you might scrap the ranked/equipped ones xD

9 hours ago, [DE]Saske said:

Warframe0094.jpg

how about using different colors for different houses, too?

They are almost impossible to tell apart. I know I´m posh, but I bought myself a color screen a while ago.

2 hours ago, IamLoco said:

how about using different colors for different houses, too?

They are almost impossible to tell apart. I know I´m posh, but I bought myself a color screen a while ago.

The visual differences are clear though not obvious ,

Just need to know what you are looking for ,

I use the equinox template i think ,makes things appear clearer in black and white.