Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

IDEA FOR NEW GAME MODE! This Could Be Amazing if Implemented!

ZeezoRockOut

So I was recording an Eidolon Hunting video yesterday and decided to turn off the HUD for a more Cinematic look, and oh boy did I have one hell of an experience.

So apparently turning off the HUD handicapped me in a way that made the game much more thrilling and had me constantly on edge, it was like I was playing a totally new game mode, it was a very Dark Souls experience!

So my idea is basically A New Nightmare Mission type specifically designed for Boss Fights (Or/And Grand Boss Fights) where the HUD is Deactivated and new Visual Effects (or Environmental Effects) are added to make the fight feel more Cinematic and Intense. It's a very simple concept that doesn't require too much tweaks to make it happen. Plus, that game mode can be a very good opportunity to introduce some Rare Mods, New Items or even Acolytes! 

Not only will this bring back Elites, it will create a new Endgame Mode for players to build up to.. Plus, it will Finally Break Many Grand Boss Metas! including Eidolon Hunting Meta Frames & Gear!
Many have been demanding some modification to Eidolon Hunting and Boss Fights due to the prominence of a few Limited Meta Builds, this reform would totally Spice Up Boss Fights and Eidolon Hunts.   

There are a plethora of opportunities within this reform, and a plethora of ways to make it even better and more exciting with minimal tweaks. 

Just wanted to put the word out and see what you guys think. The best thing about this is that it's a very flexible and malleable reform that can be molded in any way.

Feel free to share your thoughts and ideas!

EDIT > 

1- This Game Mode Should NOT include any Mission where you have to run around a Normal Map, because players will get lost, that's why it was previously removed from the game.

2- This will allow for a Re-design of Boss Arenas.. Making the Boss Fight either in an Open-Map OR Spawning the Player Directly to the Boss Fight Arena.. There is the option of adding extra challenges in the Arena like Eximus Units for example.. After the Fight is over the Player is give a direct Path to the extraction.. This will feel almost like a totally new Assassination mission! The Event we had During Halloween is Very Close to what I'm describing.

3- I believe The Wolf of Saturn Six & Acolytes should all become Bosses reached in certain ways in this Game Mode.

4- this is a new way for breaking Metas by adapting players to Spontaneous reactions instead of repetitiveness, when a Player does not know how the boss will react next or how much Damage he's dealing or Health/Energy he lost, the player will focus more on Mobility, Tactics and of course; Patience (i.e. Observation).

5- This is a new take on Warframe Endgame Modes, instead of relying on pure Math & careful Calculation, The player is required to use Estimation based on experience.

6- This Mode will add 4 new Elements to Warframe:  Memory, Spontaneity, Vigilance + Trail & Error .. The 4 simple concepts that made Dark Souls an Epic game which can be easily transferred to other games including Warframe and could be a huge addition.

7- This Mode is Specifically Suggested as a Means to Combat META BUILDS without Necessarily Nerfing good Gear or Mods.

Edited by ZeezoRockOut
Elucidation was Needed
  • Like 4

well, points for taking on the difficulty argument in a new way, if nothing else. not sure if this would entirely work.. wouldn't you be unable to tell how much energy you have, where you're aiming etc. you know... the rather important stuff? I'd be willing to try it though.

it could maybe be added as a new Nightmare Modifier.. the ones we currently have are really easy to counter and get boring. something like this would be an interesting curveball.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

well, points for taking on the difficulty argument in a new way, if nothing else. not sure if this would entirely work.. wouldn't you be unable to tell how much energy you have, where you're aiming etc. you know... the rather important stuff? I'd be willing to try it though.

it could maybe be added as a new Nightmare Modifier.. the ones we currently have are really easy to counter and get boring. something like this would be an interesting curveball.

that's exactly the point.. it was a very tough match that paid off very well when i finished.. so re-defining difficulty from a visual perspective rather than just damage and armor.. which kinda flips the whole "endgame" definition on its head.. instead of just damage / damage resistance .. now you have Memory, Spontaneity, Vigilance (especially the beeping sound of your health going down) and Trail & Error! Plus, it would be a totally new take on Warframe, instead of being pure math, now you have to be able to actually ESTIMATE how much you have or need!

Edited by ZeezoRockOut

First we need to clarify the fact that the bosses affected by this mode will drop far better rewards because if they drop the same thing that the normal ones there will be no incentivisation to actually complete this challenge.

That being said maybe we can do something like a boss rush with no HUD too (let's say Simaris opens a new trial like SO)... but before we dive more into this idea let's see what we have.

You need to think that most of the boss fights in the game aren't as spectacular as the tridolon is, most of them are just erased with almost no effort so we might need to rework the majority of the boss fights because we are speaking of endgame so in most cases the players are with a godly build, painting such a beatiful picture just to lasts a few seconds cuz the player reachs the point, one shot the boss, leaves, repeat. 

So basically Call of Duty "Hardcore" mode where the HUD is removed. Or literally any shooter game that offers HUD Removal.

Your idea isn't new or amazing that's because you can already toggle your HUD on or off so why make a game mode of it?
As for it being "Amazing" In case you wasn't aware and this is going to hurt a lot of feelings, but this game is all about repetitiveness. If you've done something a number of times, lets say 10 to be generous, you should automatically know whats going to happen on the 11th run, the 12th run, the 13th run get where I am going? You are just taking away more visual aids as you grow accustomed to situation. It's like when you turn off the lights and it gets dark, it takes time for your eyes to adjust but you know mentally roughly where everything is.

It's basic brain functions, you're not intelligent or smart or a superior being for being able to repeat a process with less aids after repeating the process multiple times. Now if it takes you 200 + attempts and you still find it hard, congratulations, you are inherently good at dodging natural selection weeding out the weak, remember to thank science for that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ozcg888 said:

First we need to clarify the fact that the bosses affected by this mode will drop far better rewards because if they drop the same thing that the normal ones there will be no incentivisation to actually complete this challenge.

That being said maybe we can do something like a boss rush with no HUD too (let's say Simaris opens a new trial like SO)... but before we dive more into this idea let's see what we have.

You need to think that most of the boss fights in the game aren't as spectacular as the tridolon is, most of them are just erased with almost no effort so we might need to rework the majority of the boss fights because we are speaking of endgame so in most cases the players are with a godly build, painting such a beatiful picture just to lasts a few seconds cuz the player reachs the point, one shot the boss, leaves, repeat. 

That's why I mentioned Acolytes

I believe The Wolf of Saturn Six & Acolytes should all become Bosses reached in certain ways.

Also, Nightmare Game Modes are general handicap Missions, you are not Limited to the "No HUD" handicap. You can throw in others to make it more Hardcore.

Also, I am adding Exploiter & Profit Taker to this as they also count as Grand Bosses.

And not all Bosses are like you said, some are Epic in their own way, IF difficulty was increased.

U get what i'm saying right??

21 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

So basically Call of Duty "Hardcore" mode where the HUD is removed. Or literally any shooter game that offers HUD Removal.

Your idea isn't new or amazing that's because you can already toggle your HUD on or off so why make a game mode of it?
As for it being "Amazing" In case you wasn't aware and this is going to hurt a lot of feelings, but this game is all about repetitiveness. If you've done something a number of times, lets say 10 to be generous, you should automatically know whats going to happen on the 11th run, the 12th run, the 13th run get where I am going? You are just taking away more visual aids as you grow accustomed to situation. It's like when you turn off the lights and it gets dark, it takes time for your eyes to adjust but you know mentally roughly where everything is.

It's basic brain functions, you're not intelligent or smart or a superior being for being able to repeat a process with less aids after repeating the process multiple times. Now if it takes you 200 + attempts and you still find it hard, congratulations, you are inherently good at dodging natural selection weeding out the weak, remember to thank science for that.

You clearly haven't understood the message I was conveying here.

Let me break it down for you:

1- This is not just a "Hardcore Mode", this is a new way for breaking Metas by adapting players to Spontaneous reactions instead of repetitiveness, when a Player does not know how the boss will react next or how much Damage he's dealing or Health/Energy he lost, the player will focus more on Mobility, Tactics and of course; Patience (i.e. Observation).

2-  To quote myself again: "it's a new take on Warframe, instead of being pure math, now you have to be able to actually ESTIMATE how much you have or need".

3- Memory, Spontaneity, Vigilance + Trail & Error .. The 4 simple concepts that made Dark Souls an Epic game can be easily transferred to other games, these elements are in some sense, Absent in Warframe and can be a huge addition.

4- Warframe is not just about repetitiveness, good lord you are extremely pessimistic. Warframe has always been about 1- Pushing Players and their Builds to the Limit.. 2- Challenging Metas... and 3- Giving Players New Modes for New Gear!

This concept I am suggesting delivers on all 4 of these points..

Edited by ZeezoRockOut

10 minutes ago, blimsoon said:

Not sure why DE should bring back 0.01% of total players who already beaten the game, better than nothing I guess ?
AFAIK DE now focus on introducing a game to new players... for a reason.

Wrong Terminology.. I meant "Pros".. Everyone becomes a Pro at some stage.. and some "like me" are taking time off due to lack of challenge or new experiences.. 

Not saying this is ONLY meant for Pros/Elites.. but it's a nice Bonus.. 

Why did you focus on this point specifically? and Pros/Elites are not 0.01% of warframe players.. Warframe is like an Economy.. Noobs are lower class.. Intermediates are Middle Class.. and Pros are Business Owners and Managers.. Elites are just Elites XD
Every class wants to climb to the next, and they can with time and effort, not luck, unlike the real world XD

So yea, i don't see a problem with bringing back elites tho.

4 hours ago, ZeezoRockOut said:

So I was recording an Eidolon Hunting video yesterday and decided to turn off the HUD for a more Cinematic look, and oh boy did I have one hell of an experience.

So apparently turning off the HUD handicapped me in a way that made the game much more thrilling and had me constantly on edge, it was like I was playing a totally new game mode, it was a very Dark Souls experience!

So my idea is basically A New Nightmare Mission type specifically designed for Boss Fights (Or/And Grand Boss Fights) where the HUD is Deactivated and new Visual Effects (or Environmental Effects) are added to make the fight feel more Cinematic and Intense. It's a very simple concept that doesn't require too much tweaks to make it happen. Plus, that game mode can be a very good opportunity to introduce some Rare Mods, New Items or even Acolytes! 

Not only will this bring back Elites, it will create a new Endgame Mode for players to build up to.. Plus, it will Finally Break Many Grand Boss Metas! including Eidolon Hunting Meta Frames & Gear!
Many have been demanding some modification to Eidolon Hunting and Boss Fights due to the prominence of a few Limited Meta Builds, this reform would totally Spice Up Boss Fights and Eidolon Hunts.   

There are a plethora of opportunities within this reform, and a plethora of ways to make it even better and more exciting with minimal tweaks. 

Just wanted to put the word out and see what you guys think. The best thing about this is that it's a very flexible and malleable reform that can be molded in any way.

Feel free to share your thoughts and ideas!

EDIT > 

1- This Game Mode Should NOT include any Mission where you have to run around a Normal Map, because players will get lost, that's why it was previously removed from the game.

2- This will allow for a Re-design of Boss Arenas.. Making the Boss Fight either in an Open-Map OR Spawning the Player Directly to the Boss Fight Arena.. There is the option of adding extra challenges in the Arena like Eximus Units for example.. After the Fight is over the Player is give a direct Path to the extraction.. This will feel almost like a totally new Assassination mission! The Event we had During Halloween is Very Close to what I'm describing.

3- I believe The Wolf of Saturn Six & Acolytes should all become Bosses reached in certain ways in this Game Mode.

4- this is a new way for breaking Metas by adapting players to Spontaneous reactions instead of repetitiveness, when a Player does not know how the boss will react next or how much Damage he's dealing or Health/Energy he lost, the player will focus more on Mobility, Tactics and of course; Patience (i.e. Observation).

5- This is a new take on Warframe Endgame Modes, instead of relying on pure Math & careful Calculation, The player is required to use Estimation based on experience.

6- This Mode will add 4 new Elements to Warframe:  Memory, Spontaneity, Vigilance + Trail & Error .. The 4 simple concepts that made Dark Souls an Epic game which can be easily transferred to other games including Warframe and could be a huge addition.

7- This Mode is Specifically Suggested as a Means to Combat META BUILDS without Necessarily Nerfing good Gear or Mods.

Meh. I just did a few runs in veil proxima in Railjack like this because it glitched. Only reticle I got to see was the omni-tool. Everything else was gone. 

Didn't care for it, wouldn't have done a bit of difference if I'd been using meta gear. The main issue is doing it all by "feel" which wasn't a huge deal as I have run those missions quite often recently. 

But if they make this, players are going to need more feedback especially visual to give us hints as to what our states are. I mean things like showing how much damage we've taken, via some element of cosmetic "distressing", so "scuffing" that indicates when we need to go patch ourselves up a bit. 

16 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Meh. I just did a few runs in veil proxima in Railjack like this because it glitched. Only reticle I got to see was the omni-tool. Everything else was gone. 

Didn't care for it, wouldn't have done a bit of difference if I'd been using meta gear. The main issue is doing it all by "feel" which wasn't a huge deal as I have run those missions quite often recently. 

But if they make this, players are going to need more feedback especially visual to give us hints as to what our states are. I mean things like showing how much damage we've taken, via some element of cosmetic "distressing", so "scuffing" that indicates when we need to go patch ourselves up a bit. 

Railjack isn't a grand boss mission -_-

you didn't read what i wrote 

4 hours ago, ZeezoRockOut said:

You clearly haven't understood the message I was conveying here.

Let me break it down for you:

1- This is not just a "Hardcore Mode", this is a new way for breaking Metas by adapting players to Spontaneous reactions instead of repetitiveness, when a Player does not know how the boss will react next or how much Damage he's dealing or Health/Energy he lost, the player will focus more on Mobility, Tactics and of course; Patience (i.e. Observation).

2-  To quote myself again: "it's a new take on Warframe, instead of being pure math, now you have to be able to actually ESTIMATE how much you have or need".

3- Memory, Spontaneity, Vigilance + Trail & Error .. The 4 simple concepts that made Dark Souls an Epic game can be easily transferred to other games, these elements are in some sense, Absent in Warframe and can be a huge addition.

4- Warframe is not just about repetitiveness, good lord you are extremely pessimistic. Warframe has always been about 1- Pushing Players and their Builds to the Limit.. 2- Challenging Metas... and 3- Giving Players New Modes for New Gear!

This concept I am suggesting delivers on all 4 of these points..

1- You're reading way too much into this. It will be about repetitiveness. Health pads and Energy pads (Pro tip: Use macro's for these)
2- It's not really a new take, you can already get what you want just by removing your HUD.
3- Basically what the game already is now.
4- It is about repetitiveness, there is no "pushing players and their builds to the limit" there is no "Challenging Metas" believing that is the case then you are on of the many that hinder their gameplay either out of being naive, stupidity or that's your idea of fun.

If "your Idea" is made into a game mode it'll be soaked up and spat back out before the majority of the community actually completes the patch that introduces it. It's a waste of time and resources that DE like to pretend they don't have.

Edited by Joe_Barbarian

No mini map was a mode that DE introduced and quickly took out again because people were complaining about actually having to look around and locate the objective instead of always making a beeline for it despite the Lotus' lines always talking about needing to looking for and finding it. I never had more fun in the game. It felt like you were really rewarded for your ability to spot the console you needed to hack, for instance. It also pu a stop to rushing in very organic way.

Im still sad DE caved to the complainers and removed it

7 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

No mini map was a mode that DE introduced and quickly took out again because people were complaining about actually having to look around and locate the objective instead of always making a beeline for it despite the Lotus' lines always talking about needing to looking for and finding it. I never had more fun in the game. It felt like you were really rewarded for your ability to spot the console you needed to hack, for instance. It also pu a stop to rushing in very organic way.

At least 2 blind players that I know off was unable to play anymore as they use the map to navigate.

I'm all for spicing up bosses and all other mobs. That is what they should focus on, bring in graphed attacks that needs to be avoided manually by the player. That is what makes other games punishing and challenging. The whole cottonball heaven/bullet hell system we have now is extremely poorly balanced and the removal of the HUD would not help making it any more fun or balanced. Damage needs a full rebalance and mobs need to be given deadly 1HK mechanics to put pressure on us at even the lower levels. 

Just as many other games do WF could easily put caps on us in lower missions so we dont blow through a lith mission without worries while insta gibbing every poor little enemy we bump into.

9 hours ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

At least 2 blind players that I know off was unable to play anymore as they use the map to navigate.

It wasnt removed because of accessibility issues(which would have been even worse IMO) but because people complained they couldn't rush to the objective as easily anymore.

21 hours ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

1- You're reading way too much into this. It will be about repetitiveness. Health pads and Energy pads (Pro tip: Use macro's for these)
2- It's not really a new take, you can already get what you want just by removing your HUD.
3- Basically what the game already is now.
4- It is about repetitiveness, there is no "pushing players and their builds to the limit" there is no "Challenging Metas" believing that is the case then you are on of the many that hinder their gameplay either out of being naive, stupidity or that's your idea of fun.

If "your Idea" is made into a game mode it'll be soaked up and spat back out before the majority of the community actually completes the patch that introduces it. It's a waste of time and resources that DE like to pretend they don't have.

you're being too rude and condescending, I rather we discontinue this conversation. 

I don't know what's your problem exactly. If you're so sick of the game just quit, don't take it out on people who still want to have fun. 

21 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

you too didn't read what I wrote. go through the post again, your answer is there. 

Edited by ZeezoRockOut