Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I finally can't get back into Warframe.

Spartan336

I've been with this game for around 6 years and love it to bits. I've taken several breaks from the game and come back to it without difficulty every time. 

However this has changed.

A while ago I heard about Railjack and that's pretty big. I love the idea. So I tried to get back into the game once more only to be met with a huge grind to obtain a railjack. Now this is nothing new. Warframe is famed for it's grind. However I have grown up and no longer have time to commit to that grind. On top of that I hear, not sure, that the grind has gotten far worse which is impressive but also terrible. Point is, I couldn't get back into it, and that really bums me out. I am the big sad. 

😞

• Like 2

It's supposed to take a long time. I get that a lot of players just can't handle that for personal reasons. DE Planned that content to take roughly 2 months of chipping away when you have free time. It's not asking that anyone time sink the next week straight into beating it and being bored again.

• Like 3

The hardest grind for getting your jack is credits. And if you've been here for 6 years, you can probably obtain 6mil credits. As for the resources, you can get enough if you run a railjack mission with someone else and get enough in like 1 mission. 

You also don't need your own jack. You can join other people's just fine. 

Edited by Miser_able
  • Like 4

The worst resource of getting your ship built is the 15 argon crystals everything else is cake especiaaly if you played for years and stockpile.

The crystals cant be squirled away unlike everything else. But u can just join others you don't need a personal ship.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

59 minutes ago, Spartan336 said:

However I have grown up and no longer have time to commit to that grind.

1. Good, you can now free yourself and move on.
  2. Adult players don't really have to grind all the way though, since they have real money and can pay to skip the grind.
59 minutes ago, Spartan336 said:

that the grind has gotten far worse

If you are looking at total grind from MR0 to current progress, Yes, it is a lot.
But I take a slow, step by step and plan my next objective carefully. 
In the end, I get everything I'm working for.
Warframe is a game with timewall. It is futile trying to get past the wall without grinding or paying.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Firetempest said:

You can also just deposit them at the dock as you get them, still no biggie.

Yea but they are the last part. When i built my ship i had everything stock piled from just normal play. Farming the new resources was easy enough. Couldn't cheese it by using someones ship since console couldn't fly them yet at that time.

Had to run a dozen void missions to get the 15 crystals since they vanish after so many hrs.

All and all building the ship is easy upgrading it and rng is the hard part.

3 minutes ago, Cadrua said:

If you're feeling down because of this burnout, then these are probably the last words you'd want to hear, but here goes:

RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN. YOUR SOUL HAS BEEN FREED. LEAVE BEFORE YOU'RE DRAGGED IN AGAIN.

I know I tried....but that damn ancient grabbed me and hauled me back in!

After playing railjack for a few hours or so..I can say...you're missing nothing if the gameplay itself does nothing for you...

The "grind" to get the railjack itself was nothing too insane...fairly cheap honestly...then again, I was enjoying the vauban rework as I did it.

for a new player you need 6 million credits, tons of resources and a week of your time to built the railjack, and what are you gonna do with it  when you have it ? Nothing, You still need to grind your asss off for MK3, so good luck with that, thanks to DE's new addiction !  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spartan336 said:

I've been with this game for around 6 years and love it to bits. I've taken several breaks from the game and come back to it without difficulty every time. 

However this has changed.

A while ago I heard about Railjack and that's pretty big. I love the idea. So I tried to get back into the game once more only to be met with a huge grind to obtain a railjack. Now this is nothing new. Warframe is famed for it's grind. However I have grown up and no longer have time to commit to that grind. On top of that I hear, not sure, that the grind has gotten far worse which is impressive but also terrible. Point is, I couldn't get back into it, and that really bums me out. I am the big sad. 

😞

Well that's fair if you can't get back into it.

I've been playing 7 years as of the 10th this month. Still play every day but I always play other games after I do what I want for the day.

Anyway; you should of asked for advice with people here because really, the resources you're looking for, are most likely just the ones to craft the railjack. Such as the Pustrals, Carbides, Cubic Diodes and so on. These resources are super easy to get, if you join someone's railjack as their crew.
1 mission and you'll have all those specific new resources to build every part of your Railjack.

Aside from those, the 15 argon's you need is fairly easy to get if you don't run defense or survival.

I cannot think of anything else to add, just good luck in your endeavors.

Its not something meant for new folks.  The resource costs are proof of that. Now you can as a new player join others to gather things ahead of time. But chances are your frame weapons may be too week if you are really new.

Poster you are not new if you have played for a few years. Which means you should have most of the build resources just sitting around through natural play.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

I work 45 to 50 hours a week and it took me about three hours total to get all the resources to build the railjack. That was before you got them in missions. It's honestly not that hard.

^Same.  Wouldn't have even bothered if I'd known I could farm all those resources in a single matchmade railjack mission 😕

Reading thru the comments - I see a few things. I’m MR28 so it should be s decent perspective 

1. the RJ addition was sort of aimed at vested players..... so why the basic grind? We’ve ground our way to here and so now what more grind? The game makes money from plat or the access packs...... weapons frames etc. has always been he grind. Now we grind for a spaceship to play missions that have ADDED cost due to damage during use?

2. Would this mean we should also fix damage to our warframe? Principles please! 

3. I’ve done the RJ and cannot be bothered/ hope to not have to do it at all.... I’d love the umbra forma ~ can’t be bothered even with this candy as reward. Had they stuck with the same grind principles ~ it would be fine.

4. last point ~ one no one has mentioned. Warframe is nearly a adult game - half the frames are near naked women that are well endowed and th game is on the further edge of gore..... why the kiddy RJ crap? The cephalon is like a Down syndrome kid everything about it is like they hired a 12 yr old arcade geek to invent it........ hello adult game...... mostly adult players....... anyway yea I’m definitely loosing my interest with this especially if it’s a sign of things to come. 

• Like 1

Yeah , if i had not chipped away at it over the course of the delay tactic that was the drydock update paired with the earlier old blood i would have been procrastinating building a railjack too.

With that being said , you are missing some fun (of a few hours at most ) so you do not need to feel too bad. 

There isn't really much to do other than more grind, butvther feels a lot less progress for that grind compared to before.

There is no real noticeable change to playstyle (you either have a good enough railjack or you have archwing) after that grind. So it's fine if you don't play until DE makes that grind skippable (the original building of the railjack) or just have your railjack ready over a week (just needs a few minutes every day to get the build started ) and join other crews while it finishes.

You really aren't missing too much.