Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I finally can't get back into Warframe.

Spartan336

5 hours ago, blimsoon said:

Adult players don't really have to grind all the way though, since they have real money and can pay to skip the grind.

Not all adult players see Warframe as worth the money investment, so this is flawed thinking.

7 hours ago, Spartan336 said:

A while ago I heard about Railjack and that's pretty big. I love the idea. So I tried to get back into the game once more only to be met with a huge grind to obtain a railjack. Now this is nothing new. Warframe is famed for it's grind. However I have grown up and no longer have time to commit to that grind. On top of that I hear, not sure, that the grind has gotten far worse which is impressive but also terrible. Point is, I couldn't get back into it, and that really bums me out. I am the big sad. 

To be honest it's not all that much of a grind if you know what you are doing. You don't need all the stuff upfront, a handfull of index rounds daily, all of the new mats for construction you can get within single run on public (you can queue public for railjack without owning one, you can even do better and find someone willing to accept you into premade). The biggest issue I had were argon crystals, but in the end I've managed to get all of them in single sitting by repeating that lowest level exterminate while breaking all the boxes on the map.

Tbh if I could manage to get one crafted - between full-time job, gf, need to sleep, and a couple other time eaters - so should You 🙂

7 hours ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

I work 45 to 50 hours a week and it took me about three hours total to get all the resources to build the railjack. That was before you got them in missions. It's honestly not that hard.

I was about to say the same thing (minus the work park) but yeah, it really takes no time at all 

8 hours ago, Spartan336 said:

I've been with this game for around 6 years and love it to bits. I've taken several breaks from the game and come back to it without difficulty every time. 

However this has changed.

A while ago I heard about Railjack and that's pretty big. I love the idea. So I tried to get back into the game once more only to be met with a huge grind to obtain a railjack. Now this is nothing new. Warframe is famed for it's grind. However I have grown up and no longer have time to commit to that grind. On top of that I hear, not sure, that the grind has gotten far worse which is impressive but also terrible. Point is, I couldn't get back into it, and that really bums me out. I am the big sad. 

😞

Timegate or die, that is unfortunatly the situation DE has been in for quite a while, esp when they started doing crazy stuff like static map open worlds.

10 hours ago, Spartan336 said:

I've been with this game for around 6 years and love it to bits. I've taken several breaks from the game and come back to it without difficulty every time. 

😞

Go play Destiny. Seriously, go to Steam, download Destiny 2, and play it for a couple of weeks.

That should be enough time to really get things in perspective, and make you appreciate what a pointless, tedious grind TRULY is.

We'll all still be here when you get back, 😉

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Spartan336 said:

😞

Hey, i'm in my 40s, lots of obligations. Building and speccing up my Railjack really wasn't that hard, and this was solo in a solo clan. I'm miffed that DE skimped out of handling solo players but amesha+ivara+imperator vandal+heavy attack melee will handle 99% of the current content.

You can literally just take a pub team with someone elses railjack and build up your intrinsics with no upfront investment, build up your materials for your own Railjack.

Edited by SilentMobius

People who start now with raimjack shouldn't try to ise their stuff, but be carried by others.

It's kinda the same as Eidolons / Quills, you first have to grind for decent gear for hours with barely useable items.

Tbh it's not appealing, and may make people quit.

Farm for hull and armor avionics, unlock "feats" with intrinsics (archwing launcher, teleport back to railjack, railjack boost / dodge), farm for mk3 everything (and ressources to craft them) lower tiers are totally a waste of time and ressources. Farm for tactical / battle avionics to have some "abilities" with your railjack. 

And then after being carried for 40h, you my take your railjack out of the dock... and farm for more intrinsics / optimised mk3 gears and ressources to craft them / shedu / battle avionics.

Should they have removed mk1 and mk2 gears, make the railjack start with 2000 hull and 1500 armors, have feats corresponding to "5" level of each intrinsic branch, railjack would have had a smoother start

You've played the game off and on for 6 years. You should have more than enough, several times over even of the regular needed mats for the RJ. What you should be missing are the new resources and the argon crystals. The new resources are gotten fast by joining a RJ crew on earth. The argons are obtained in a few void runs just as usual. You can just donate them as you get them if you cant farm them all in one go due to real life things.

The RJ build was released as a 2-3 week long prep period. Coming back now when railjacks can be used it may look like a big thing but it really isnt.

Just do missions as a crewman as you work on your RJ, that way you'll have items to slap onto it when it is ready.

I feel you.And yes,  WF is at a point where you have to really commit to the grind or pay to skip when you can. With Railjack, the RNG is off the charts and coupled with heavy grind it makes up a bad recepie. 

I'm sure DE will learn from their mistakes and give the grind/rng dynamic a more player friendly direction, but as of now it isn't a good time to return to the game.

3 hours ago, (XB1)TwinStripeUK said:

Go play Destiny. Seriously, go to Steam, download Destiny 2, and play it for a couple of weeks.

That should be enough time to really get things in perspective, and make you appreciate what a pointless, tedious grind TRULY is.

I actually wanted to do that, but it's 80 gigs download, and i don't want to download 80 gigs, f that. Does it have toroids farming when you stand in one place for hours hoping that something you don't really need or want would drop, so you can go and dispose of it immediately?

7 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Not all adult players see Warframe as worth the money investment, so this is flawed thinking.

This is indeed correct. Just because you *can* spend money on something doesn't mean that you *should*.

7 hours ago, Test-995 said:

Even if you have the ship, you'd want to use other player's ships because that's a lot easier.

Yup. Until you're packing at least Mk2 weapons, have at least a Mk3 reactor (clantech can work, salvaged ones are better) and have a good load of mods for your ship (or "avionics", as they're now calling it), your ship is nothing more than a gigantic target which will fail the mission if it gets blown up.

Just pug your way along the space missions. You can't join pug matches in the higher level areas until you've built up at least one of your skills to L3 (and L7 for the other area), and I don't know if you need to actually build your ship to level up your ship skills - it's "normally" done in the ship building console which I believe is inaccessible until you've finished the construction quest. I can get to it from escape --> profile --> intrinsics, but I don't know if that's available for those who don't have their own ship yet. You can tag along in missions to which you're invited, if friends or clanmates want to bring you along on their ship.

But yeah. Don't even bother with the railjack until you've got L3 components and weapons and at least a half-modded loadout. The initial difficulty curve is almost vertical due to how utterly useless the base ship is.

27 minutes ago, 32768 said:

I actually wanted to do that, but it's 80 gigs download, and i don't want to download 80 gigs, f that. Does it have toroids farming when you stand in one place for hours hoping that something you don't really need or want would drop, so you can go and dispose of it immediately?

It's better than that - 80% of the drops are worthless in their raw form, and pointless when broken down into resources you'll be neck-deep in within the first hour.15% of the drops 'might' be useful, but more than likely have the wrong rolls on them to be anything other than fodder for upgrading genuinely useful gear. Of the remainder, 4% are actually useful and 1% are of the highest rarity, but will usually have stats that are even lower than the worthless 80% you tried to get rid of ages ago.

No trading, limited customization, 27 'classes' in total (3 main, with 3 elemental variations and 3 'sub-classes' of each of those which are barely any different), no in-game LFG (or even chat on console) and matchmaking for only 70% of the content. The story content is largely unfinished and looks like binge watching an afternoon of TV on SyFy where all of the programs have been cancelled without resolving their story arcs.

Plus, you'll more than likely complete the 'main' story within 8-10 hours with a few other bits to do but you're going to have to shell out around $60 to play content from the last two years, most of which is like a desert because people hammered through it within a month of release. Anything released in the last year is essentially just different variations of 'horde mode' and the last one has a bug which renders one of its components inaccessible unless you have RNG in your favour.

You constantly find yourself running into invisible walls and stuck on the scenery. There are bugs in it which are 3 years old which Bungie avoid talking about any time they're asked and the PvP and forums make the 'toxicity' on here look like a warm oil massage with bowl of pot-pourri wafted in front of your face.

Oh, and unlike toroid farming, none of it is optional. You're essentially herded into repetitive daily tasks because it is the ONLY way to progress in the game full stop, rather than an optional method of progression in only ONE area. And that progression? All taken off you every 12 weeks (like being forced to forma ALL of your gear, only to find that forma removed again once you've leveled it).

You're p*ssed off because a single update has bugs, grind and a seemingly pointless repetitive loop, that the developer has stated they'll address.

Just imagine if you'd had TWO YEARS worth of it and the developer refused to even acknowledge it...

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, (XB1)TwinStripeUK said:

Oh, and unlike toroid farming, none of it is optional. You're essentially herded into repetitive daily tasks because it is the ONLY way to progress in the game full stop, rather than an optional method of progression in only ONE area.

That moment when i remember that i'm grateful to DE that Fortuna is optional and i don't have to be there.

You know, DE actually does pretty good job at not breaking stuff that works when they release new stuff. I know a lot of people are complaining that those are island, they are not connected etc etc, but with all honesty, thanks DE for not forcing this S#&$ onto me, much appreciated.

Edited by 32768

7 hours ago, blimsoon said:

I never said anything about all adult players have invested for this game. nor my thought is perfect.

You were making a flawed assumption.  Adults shouldn't have to foot the bill, and as this is an M rated game, we really shouldn't have children playing Warframe.

1 hour ago, DoomFruit said:

This is indeed correct. Just because you *can* spend money on something doesn't mean that you *should*.

Precisely.

What's frightening, though, is that psychology gets leveraged to figure out how to extort money from us.

2 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

Yup. Until you're packing at least Mk2 weapons, have at least a Mk3 reactor (clantech can work, salvaged ones are better) and have a good load of mods for your ship (or "avionics", as they're now calling it), your ship is nothing more than a gigantic target which will fail the mission if it gets blown up.

Just pug your way along the space missions. You can't join pug matches in the higher level areas until you've built up at least one of your skills to L3 (and L7 for the other area), and I don't know if you need to actually build your ship to level up your ship skills - it's "normally" done in the ship building console which I believe is inaccessible until you've finished the construction quest. I can get to it from escape --> profile --> intrinsics, but I don't know if that's available for those who don't have their own ship yet. You can tag along in missions to which you're invited, if friends or clanmates want to bring you along on their ship.

But yeah. Don't even bother with the railjack until you've got L3 components and weapons and at least a half-modded loadout. The initial difficulty curve is almost vertical due to how utterly useless the base ship is.

Not only that, you don't have reliable way to wreck crewships as a pilot, so even with "perfect ship" getting onto PuG and killing crewships as myself is much easier (but definitely not efficient) way to play.

Edited by Test-995

8 hours ago, (XB1)TwinStripeUK said:

I am four parallel universes ahead of you. Got the same problem with destiny, though it's development and history are much rougher.