Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Farming Certain Pigments IS Outright insanity - Zanuka As Example

IllogicalLogic420

For Ghost clans, farming isn't an issue, even for solo. But God forbid you upgrade your clan.....each time, the costs go up tenfold. That means everything costs 10x more. Think about that for a moment.

So let's say a clan wants to farm Anti Violent pigment. A clan with 33 members, 7 of whom are actually active. 3 of those, who can actually farm efficiently.

Imagine trying to farm 100 of that pigment, from a field boss, that you have to get a mark from, by doing 3 missions, which only has a 1% chance to spawn afterwards, only on certain missions.

Got everyone in squad marked? Great! DE gave us the whopping bonus of a total of 2.5% !!!!1!1!

-_-

We're talking potentially hundreds of missions.....for a freaking color pigment. Are you kidding me??????

Normally I'd have something good to say along with my post but........not this time. Sorry not sorry.

Honestly, I agree. But as long as the system itself doesn't change I'm afraid the rules are pretty clear:

• Don't upgrade the clan unless you are sure you have the people to contribute in a steady way;
  • Downgrade the clan if not enough people are participating.

I get it, but if a Ghost Clan has 7/10 members, active, it is indeed a Ghost Clan. Now if a Mountain Clan has 7/300 people who are active then it's effectively a Ghost Clan with a Mountain title on it which is just for show. The thing is the system doesn't care for the title or actual number of users, just the capacity. And on most stuff contributions are thought for about half of a clan to contribute, rather than 100% of that clan.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 1

What is the downside to removing inactive players?

Maybe a feature, that allowed you to send a message to players you are kicking from your clan, would be nice. So then there is a way to get returning players back in without the clan being too big most of the time.

• Like 1

As an alternate strategy, if you want a bigger community even if it means fewer active players you could use the alliance system. We've kept a 10-man-clan rule and any new friends get assigned to allied clans. We can see everyone in the alliance chat, assist and teach as needed and most importantly, keep costs of operation down. Agreeing with those above, I'd say downsize.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IllogicalLogic420 said:

For Ghost clans, farming isn't an issue, even for solo. But God forbid you upgrade your clan.....each time, the costs go up tenfold.

Costs go up tenfold every 2 jumps in size, and correspond with the maximum clan numbers.  It's only a 3x increase from Ghost to Shadow, for instance, and a 10x from Shadow to Storm.  But, Storm is 2 sizes above Ghost.

On 2020-01-16 at 6:28 AM, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Honestly, I agree. But as long as the system itself doesn't change I'm afraid the rules are pretty clear:

• Don't upgrade the clan unless you are sure you have the people to contribute in a steady way;
  • Downgrade the clan if not enough people are participating.

I get it, but if a Ghost Clan has 7/10 members, active, it is indeed a Ghost Clan. Now if a Mountain Clan has 7/300 people who are active then it's effectively a Ghost Clan with a Mountain title on it which is just for show. The thing is the system doesn't care for the title or actual number of users, just the capacity. And on most stuff contributions are thought for about half of a clan to contribute, rather than 100% of that clan.

Considering a downgrade, but I don't wanna lose people. I should correct myself: The clan is active, but most aren't active often. Everyone said they would donate resources and help out but I guess that was a lie, or they just donate too little.

On 2020-01-16 at 6:56 AM, Kylo. said:

Why do you have a max 100 member clan with 7 active members?

See my reply to Hikuro above this sentence. False hope, basically. I had to upgrade the clan tier because we had a lot of people wanting to join. If  I had known it would turn out like this I wouldn't have let them in, wouldve been fine at bottom tier with the active members we had.

On 2020-01-16 at 7:43 AM, Pie_mastyr said:

imagine doing it alone ;_; been at it for a few years

Screw that, lol ❤️

On 2020-01-16 at 8:07 AM, gluih said:

What is the downside to removing inactive players?

Maybe a feature, that allowed you to send a message to players you are kicking from your clan, would be nice. So then there is a way to get returning players back in without the clan being too big most of the time.

I'm surprised this isnt a feature yet. And we can't even send messages to players while they're offline, like an email, which has been more detrimental than beneficial. Also, see what I said at the top of this post (not the first post, the post you are reading right now)

On 2020-01-16 at 9:18 AM, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

Costs go up tenfold every 2 jumps in size, and correspond with the maximum clan numbers.  It's only a 3x increase from Ghost to Shadow, for instance, and a 10x from Shadow to Storm.  But, Storm is 2 sizes above Ghost.

A lot of the values went up tenfold for me though, some less than that, some only went up about threefold. I also read it's tenfold for each tier, this is the first I've heard it isn't. I got my info from the forums and wiki. I mean maybe you're right, but thats what happened when I upgraded my clan tier. If that's not supposed to happen then I guess I should contact support.

On 2020-01-16 at 9:06 AM, (PS4)LoneWolf_001 said:

As an alternate strategy, if you want a bigger community even if it means fewer active players you could use the alliance system. We've kept a 10-man-clan rule and any new friends get assigned to allied clans. We can see everyone in the alliance chat, assist and teach as needed and most importantly, keep costs of operation down. Agreeing with those above, I'd say downsize.

That's a great idea holy crap. I'm in an alliance and that clan has 1 member, so he can take the burden off our clan and we can share it together, as ghost clans.