Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion for tactical Ability to move between different turrets/ cannon/slingshot

0_The_F00l

Hey guys ,

I host / solo a lot of the railjack missions.

I usually stick to my pilot guns (vidar carcinox ) to destroy most fliers ,

When there is a crewship ,i soften it a bit (destroy one engine) and leave the pilot guns ,

Then walk to the artillery cannon or move to the slingshot depending on what i feel like.

Sure takes only a few seconds ,but that's a few seconds away from the gunplay.

I thought it would be awesome if i could just move between the various guns using the tactical menu.

Method :

When using any gun in railjack bring up the tactical menu , 

It will allow you to use the tactical avionics , but it will also allow you to move to a different gun immediately.

If there is already someone there it will not let you (will give both players a warning that they are trying to use a gun that is already occupied) by graying the gun out on the screen.

Here's an example of the gameplay :

The handsome and dashing captain 0_The_F00l is at the helm , but he is in danger.

his crew is down to his new engineer with only level 2 intrinsics, his first mate is so shocked that he hasn't moved in the last 5 minutes from his turret, with only a few uses of revolite available the situation is grim

There is one crewship left , and nearly twenty enemies are targetting our brave crew.

ship is at half health with mutiple fires , only enough flux to cast 2 abilities .

the captain launches a void hole , sucking in all the enemies.

There is enough flux for a munitions vortex but his carcinnox on the pilot guns wouldn't be able to do enough damage in time.

he makes a split second decision ,he shifts to the side guns that have a zetki cryophon and blasts away.

He manages to take out the enemies in the void hole and a few on the fringe .

He hears the tell tale sound and cy confirms ... Ramsled incoming.

He can't afford any more boarders , or the time to dispatch them.

He quickly transitions to pilot seat and reverses as fast he can , he sees the ramsled incoming ( railjack is getting bombarded by the crewship and the few remaining fliers 1 k health left )

He aims and releases his seeker missile ,it's connected with the ramsled and it's down.

Can't waste anymore time ,need to take down that crewship. He keeps the crewship in his sights and transitions to the artillery cannon ,

He has a clear view of the hull ,he takes aim.

He fires , the crewship is unaffected , it has deployed a healing bubble just before taking the hit.

The normally cool pilot curses ,that was his last artillery shot.

He has no choice he transitions to the slingshot from the artillery , and blasts out.

He rushes through the ship and reaches the reactor ,damn it's shielded he is out of ciphers too (let this be a lesson kids never leave home without a few dozen ciphers ) he hacks the reactor shields but just as he does one of the butchers slashes open his back.

Cy shouts in his com , critical breach implosion imminent (he swallows the urge to tell the cephalon you cannot implode in space ,you can most definitely explode though ) talk about bad luck ,

Our brave captain is down ....

Down ... But not out.

He aims his trusty rattlegut at the reactor that is now unshielded , he uses his omni tool to teleport back and unload his sidearm into the reactor.

Just before his screen turns white he hears a satisfying explosion.

Well atleast the crewship is down.

55 seconds to imminent failure.

5 seconds to bleedout,

Reviving ...

Reviving ...

The captain opens his eyes , he is met with the scared but still awestruck face of the new engineer ,

He asks , captain ... What of the mission ...

His question is cut short by cy

, "crewship down " he says.. skies clear.

Mission complete.

You take a breath and relax ,  you tell cy to " take us home before we blow up".

You finish the mission with 40 seconds left , you will remember this one for the grandkids.

The end.

Yeah i have a bit of a flair for stories ,but the point is there was a very seamless transition between states pilot ,gunner ,cannoner , slingshot ball. If it can be applied as suggested it would be great.

Edited by 0_The_F00l
  • Like 2

considering that the railjack is meant to play as co-op experience, which means that all players can pick their function at will, "seamless transition"... looks quite impossible
but nothing denies you from using tactical lv 4 intrisics to teleport around your ship (close to gunnery, pilot seat, forge, slingshot...) and from Crewship back to your railjack, you know
lv 10 tactical even allows you to teleport from railjack to your ally

54 minutes ago, Zeyez said:

considering that the railjack is meant to play as co-op experience, which means that all players can pick their function at will, "seamless transition"... looks quite impossible
but nothing denies you from using tactical lv 4 intrisics to teleport around your ship (close to gunnery, pilot seat, forge, slingshot...) and from Crewship back to your railjack, you know
lv 10 tactical even allows you to teleport from railjack to your ally

I am aware ,

That's why i am making a suggestion for improvement , and i do not think it is impossible as tactical 4 already does that in a lesser capacity.

This would actually be lesser as we are transitioning between fixed pov.

1 hour ago, Zeyez said:

considering that the railjack is meant to play as co-op experience...

...thus far. DE have already promised us a solo Railjack experience. That's what they sold Command as (though hopefully it'll also help with small teams). I'm in agreement, though - having some faster means to teleport between Helm, Artiller, Turrets, Slingshot would be nice. Having faster transition animations wouldn't hurt, either.

• Like 2