Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

it's my choice if to stab a lich or not.

BloodKitten

so, how i am going about wich lich is, i dont stab it untill i uncover a mod, then i attempt to see if is the first one in the order, i dont stab a lich untill i uncover a mod basicly, yet people whine about me downing them 3 times and making them leave.

if you want to deal with a level 5 lich, be my guest, i rather work my own way on my lich, even if i end up having to take out more thralls as a result.

• Like 2

Except you're probably going to end up dealing with a level 5 Lich anyway? Plus which, you're depriving yourself of the chance of guessing a mod, the extra murmurs you get for attempting your Lich, and depriving everyone of the Kuva they drop at 1-4.

I mean sure, it's your choice... but it's a pretty bad one given your reasoning.

• Like 6

Level 1 Lich, Level 5 lich, There is no difference when you oneshot them all anyway.

But what you get is people generally just not fathoming why one would take the slow route over the quick one. IMO, level 5 liches are still very easy to deal with, you just have to put some time into your loadout. So I sorta get why they react weirdly when someone refuses to go the fast route because of it.

But for the mission it does not matter as much as long as the lich is dealt with asap.

Edited by Airwolfen
  • Like 7

28 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

Why would you not stab them and gain more work towards reveling a rune? It's not like a level 5 lich is that hard to take down.

Also no one cares, say something so they can just maul it and get it over instead of waiting on you.

Not everyone can take level 5 lich easily. For example I can take level 5 lich with Nyx and Vauban without dying but I'm not sure everyone can do the same thing

33 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

Why would you not stab them and gain more work towards reveling a rune? It's not like a level 5 lich is that hard to take down.

Also no one cares, say something so they can just maul it and get it over instead of waiting on you.

Because it is highly RNG influenced with no extra reward.

My last 2 liches would have been faster by unlocking mods instead of trying to trial and error them. Sure, trial and error is great when you have some luck, it sucks ass when you run into RNGsus saying "no, no, no...". Just as I've had a few go down in the second or third encounter and one getting gibbed the first time I met him.

9 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I do have to wonder if the Lich System is gonna get more tweaks/changes and not left in the state it is, pretty such everyone has what they need from Liches now

Have to agree here. Very sad the way it is now. I really hope this is not another example of drop the content and then just move on to the next thing leaving it unfinished to just rot.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, OmegaDonut said:

Don’t want to kill your lich?  Totally fine. Just let me know and help beat it down 3 times so it will go away, instead of sulking with radio silence and a lich taking up a spawn slot sitting there spouting lines.  

that's the thing, i am downing it, but people whine that i dont stab it when i know the current mod order is wrong and incomplete, if it was befor the update where the lich wouldent go away then it would be a diffrent story, but people whine about misrable amount of kuva that you can get alot more from kuva survival and siphones.

8 minutes ago, cmacq said:

Have to agree here. Very sad the way it is now. I really hope this is not another example of drop the content and then just move on to the next thing leaving it unfinished to just rot.

Maybe, but you never can tell, I kinda wish Steve was allowed to keep his conspet of the old Lich System, as that was clearly well more done and polished system, then the one we have right at this time. 

If anyone is not sure, feel free to ask, I only kown what was said and shown, so corrections will have to be made 

people don't realize their lich levels up if they get downed 3 times and run away. not stabbing it is just prolonging spawns for someone else. i see it as paybacks for taking up the spawn and not stabbing it, and will make sure i down it if they're blatantly skipping.

1 minute ago, jnuh said:

people don't realize their lich levels up if they get downed 3 times and run away. not stabbing it is just prolonging spawns for someone else. i see it as paybacks for taking up the spawn and not stabbing it, and will make sure i down it if they're blatantly skipping.

false, if a lich is downed 3 times they dont level up, it was intreduced as method to make them go away without stabbing or leveling them up.

• Like 2

49 минут назад, 844448 сказал:

Not everyone can take level 5 lich easily. For example I can take level 5 lich with Nyx and Vauban without dying but I'm not sure everyone can do the same thing

You have revives for a reason.

And anyone who has valkyr can " take level 5 lich without dying" if you're a newer player, if youre not as new you can just equip mesa and hold rmb on it till it dies without any regards for your weapons or its weakness because it still will die within a minute.

Цитата

false, if a lich is downed 3 times they dont level up, it was intreduced as method to make them go away without stabbing or leveling them up.

Which is pretty pointless but its your choice to suffer longer instead of spending extra minute or 2 killing it for good one time.

Edited by -Temp0-
  • Like 7

If you are engaging but not mercying thats fine and reasonable, if you ignore its spawn and just leaving it to others it isnt.

The other side would be not getting the murmur bonus or kuva drop from it, in a pub though players cant throw a fit for not mercying it, so dont engage the player who do is my advise.

Personally I would mercy the lich each time for murmur bonus and kuva, its easy to solo a lv5 lich with the correct tactics. Or get a full team to wail on it if your too weak.

Edited by (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson

But the Lich is doing it's best to grow big and strong so the Queens don't beat and punish them. 😞 

Letting them win helps keep them safe long enough till you figure out the requiem password to unlock their chains and rescue them.

Edited by Wolfdoggie

2 hours ago, XRosenkreuz said:

Except you're probably going to end up dealing with a level 5 Lich anyway?

Sad but true.  

2 hours ago, Sept3var said:

If it bothers you so much there is always the option to play solo. That way you dont have to deal with people.

Which is why I do it solo.  

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

Because it is highly RNG influenced with no extra reward.

My last 2 liches would have been faster by unlocking mods instead of trying to trial and error them. Sure, trial and error is great when you have some luck, it sucks ass when you run into RNGsus saying "no, no, no...". Just as I've had a few go down in the second or third encounter and one getting gibbed the first time I met him.

^^^This all day.  The RNG factor is what really determines just how fast you kill your Lich.  This is the exact thing I ran face first into while trying out the so-called "Fast Method" with my current 2nd Lich.  RNG just happened to pick the one freaking mod that I don't have as the one I need to kill my Lich.  With the extra insult of RNG not giving me the damn mod after unlocking multiple Rad Requiem Relics.  

That said, both methods are Bullshyte due to the time wasted with no additional reward.  I could Kill 10 Thralls or die to my Lich.  Both give the same awarded amount, but only the second punishes you for it with no real gain.  I can handle level 5 Kuva Liches just fine.  I just shouldn't need to at all, but more than likely will due to the very bad RNG system the process.  

13 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

^^^This all day.  The RNG factor is what really determines just how fast you kill your Lich.  This is the exact thing I ran face first into while trying out the so-called "Fast Method" with my current 2nd Lich.  RNG just happened to pick the one freaking mod that I don't have as the one I need to kill my Lich.  With the extra insult of RNG not giving me the damn mod after unlocking multiple Rad Requiem Relics.  

That said, both methods are Bullshyte due to the time wasted with no additional reward.  I could Kill 10 Thralls or die to my Lich.  Both give the same awarded amount, but only the second punishes you for it with no real gain.  I can handle level 5 Kuva Liches just fine.  I just shouldn't need to at all, but more than likely will due to the very bad RNG system the process.  

Yep.

I got fed up after my latest two. Not fun when you have to run through all the mods to figure out the right one on a slot and then have to fail a few more times to get the other two right. I think I faced my last two 10 or 11 times or something before my last rune was finaly unlocked, which just taunted me since it was the last one I had left to try.

• Like 1

On 2020-01-16 at 5:34 PM, 844448 said:

Whatever drug you take to make you able to one shot level level 5 lich, hand it over

On 2020-01-16 at 6:05 PM, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

But you can't tho

Its the way of Baruuk. High power strength, high crit (umbra mods), heavy attack build with corrosive. Only way the lich will survive the heavy attack is by it being resistant or immune to corrosive. And with resistance they still lose about 80% of their bar.

Guess the biggest downside for most people will be is that they would have to play Baruuk.

• Like 3