Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

it's my choice if to stab a lich or not.

BloodKitten

On 2020-01-16 at 4:01 PM, BloodKitten said:

if you want to deal with a level 5 lich, be my guest, i rather work my own way on my lich, even if i end up having to take out more thralls as a result.

If you're just going to be that way, then just hunt liches solo from now on. We don't want to play with you if you're going to be this intentionally disruptive.

• Like 3

On 2020-01-16 at 8:15 AM, XRosenkreuz said:

Except you're probably going to end up dealing with a level 5 Lich anyway?

Statistically, if you never stab until you have all three Unveiled, you will probably kill your lich at Rank 3, and will never see them reach Rank 5

4 minutes ago, (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

We don't want to play with you if you're going to be this intentionally disruptive.

How is it disruptive? Ever since DE let OP down his lich three times to despawn it, that means your lich can spawn now

Edited by TARINunit9

1 minute ago, TARINunit9 said:

How is it disruptive? Ever since DE let OP down his lich three times to despawn it, that means your lich can spawn now

Because downing a lich three times takes longer than just failing an attempt. Also, the squad will get less Kuva.

People need to grow a backbone and let their liches level up anyway. Git gud.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

If I have the power to limit the level of my Lich, it's my right to limit the level of my Lich. Yeah, I've got a gun that can down him in one headshot even at Rank 5, but doing that for each and every Lich just so you can get 150 kuva isn't fun

This is why the devs are removing the system entirely, so thankfully we won't have to argue about this anymore

• Like 2

On 2020-01-16 at 10:01 AM, BloodKitten said:

so, how i am going about wich lich is, i don't stab it until i uncover a mod, then i attempt to see if is the first one in the order, i don't stab a lich until i uncover a mod basically, yet people whine about me downing them 3 times and making them leave.

if you want to deal with a level 5 lich, be my guest, i rather work my own way on my lich, even if i end up having to take out more thralls as a result.

Bro do you, is your lich, in this thread you gonna get people that want you to do it the right way and think that the same stuff they value is everything.

I ain't gonna say play solo because extra help never hurts in a mission, but just be aware you kinda should expect this, a lot of time people are children when it comes to wanting thing the way they wanted including us(representing the thread) that's okay because when you got the authority to make that call it doesn't matter, but as for other they do care... But what is it to them, they want a lich so bad they can go get one and do it there way... Is your experience and as long you ain't breaking  the rules or purposefully running others gameplay by trying to sabotage them i think you are solid.

Play your game because does people having things there way won't amount to your happiness at all.

56 minutes ago, (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Because downing a lich three times takes longer than just failing an attempt. Also, the squad will get less Kuva.

Ya and it's this attitude that spoils the social side of gaming for some people. "Do it My Way or gtfo" How about you do whatever's happening or create your own squad so you can make them do what you want? You don't get to be the only decider in a pub.....

• Like 4

On 2020-01-16 at 11:15 AM, XRosenkreuz said:

Except you're probably going to end up dealing with a level 5 Lich anyway? Plus which, you're depriving yourself of the chance of guessing a mod, the extra murmurs you get for attempting your Lich, and depriving everyone of the Kuva they drop at 1-4.

I mean sure, it's your choice... but it's a pretty bad one given your reasoning.

Quoting mainly because I am vain and our names are similar, but I agree. 

plus, having a Litch roam in the map hurts the team immensely. Had a mag Litch constantly attack the defence objective while the player just.... stood there, killing other enemies. They weren’t farming thralls by letting them get converted, they just were doing the mission like the Litch didn’t even exist. 

Despite all of my gear and equipment I had, we still failed the mission because of a stray mag bubble. 

having a Litch walk around the map is like leaving a smelly garbage can alone in the kitchen because it’s not “full” yet. Sure, it will save you trips outside to put it in the bin, but no one wants to have a house smell like rotting salmon. 

I don’t blame anyone who is under equipped for not stabbing the lich. It’s fine don’t. I’m guessing people are mad because your MR is higher then the mods you should have collected to get to that point. So your profile says can do content, but in reality you just ranked MR faster then most.

Edited by BDMblue
  • Like 2

On 2020-01-16 at 10:21 AM, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Always stab your lich there's no real downside, you gain 10 thralls worth of progress, you cross out a mod for that slot or get a guess right and speed the murmur grind immensely, kuva, and you free the spawn for others. No downside

Wrong.

Your lich levels up and you waste a revive, what if it's your last one of the day?

2 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Wrong.

Your lich levels up and you waste a revive, what if it's your last one of the day?

Revives refill after each mission. They haven't been limited to 4 a day per frame in years.

I'm not in favour of stabbing without consent either (in fact, I haven't deliberately created a lich in months because I dislike their current implementation), but it's important to keep the facts straight.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Wrong.

It's 2020 not 2014 where we have limited revives per day.

If you are getting downed enough a single revive is an issue you likely are not ready for the content of Lichs in the first place.... Or just an idiot who keeps self reviving.

Edited by SilvaDreams
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Yeah! Curse those people that lock you out of such vast quantities of kuva. How dare they!?

It is also not about backbone, it is about efficiency and approach. Since there is no extra reward it is pointless to level up the lich, too much RNG involved to make blind stabbing a consistant option.

Also downing the lich 3 times at low levels takes about as long as stabbing him and watching the fluff animation as he breaks your back. You lose maybe 5 seconds or something on a tripple downing.

I don't care what and how you do you as long as it doesn't involve me waiting for a long time and slow my lich progression. 

Lich spawns 300 m back i go there and see no ones there. Should i just wipe it.. Nah, i am polite i will mark him and will wait for you to get there or write something, don't want you to lose the chance to parazon him if you are slow to move or are lost (i can definetely down any lvl 5 lich 3 times so fast that someone might not get in time to parazon it).

So i wait.. and wait.. than i write.. "lich here".. (on a lich mission) .. than i wait and wait and than finally someone writes.. "idc" or "leave it" .. So i stood there being polite for a minute or two just to receive this.. I kill the lich 3 times and continue with the mission, but 5 minutes have passed so next lich won't spawn.. and i have all the correct mods want my lich just to spawn to kill it.. Happens once, eh *shrugs*.. The cost of being nice in pugs.. Happens twice.. For the third time.. 4th time in a row.. I change to solo.. 

And i get it.. You wrote "leave it" in 5 missions before and it is harder and harder to write this again in the next one so you stop and just proceed with the mission or go to extraction. Thats the other, ugly side of i want to do liches my way.. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Yeah! Curse those people that lock you out of such vast quantities of kuva. How dare they!?

you get the kuva yourself as well, but w/e

It is also not about backbone, it is about efficiency and approach. Since there is no extra reward it is pointless to level up the lich, too much RNG involved to make blind stabbing a consistant option.

yeah, crossing out one possible option, getting some kuva, letting other players liches spawn and getting murmur progress is absolutely no reward at all! and all the harm you get for those is losing a revive(lol what a big deal) and having your lich take 5 more seconds to kill. 

if you cant deal with a level 5 lich quickly enough, you arent supposed to be doing liches in the first place. and its even quicker to kill them with an entire squad.

Also downing the lich 3 times at low levels takes about as long as stabbing him and watching the fluff animation as he breaks your back. You lose maybe 5 seconds or something on a tripple downing.

thats not even remotely true. you have to wait way longer for their first health bar to fill up. and even if this is true, its self contradicting to your argument thanks to the stabbing providing you with 10 thralls worth of progress, which is pretty significant.

and werent you the guy that rejected doing liches and yet (still) keep talking about the system as if you know everything about it? and i see you are still making the same incorrect claims which tells me that you still have zero experience. 

Edited by Zeclem

35 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

you get the kuva yourself as well, but w/e

yeah, crossing out one possible option, getting some kuva, letting other players liches spawn and getting murmur progress is absolutely no reward at all! and all the harm you get for those is losing a revive(lol what a big deal) and having your lich take 5 more seconds to kill. 

if you cant deal with a level 5 lich quickly enough, you arent supposed to be doing liches in the first place. and its even quicker to kill them with an entire squad.

thats not even remotely true. you have to wait way longer for their first health bar to fill up. and even if this is true, its self contradicting to your argument thanks to the stabbing providing you with 10 thralls worth of progress, which is pretty significant.

and werent you the guy that rejected doing liches and yet (still) keep talking about the system as if you know everything about it? and i see you are still making the same incorrect claims which tells me that you still have zero experience. 

Well obviously I dont care about the kuva if I drive off the lich instead. That is kinda uhm obvious and self explainatory dontcha think? I mean, redundant remark is redundant.

Nope, it really isnt, because I'm talking about the end reward here. It is all still just based on RNG if you have a good streak or not for the rest.

I can deal with them perfectly fine, it still doesnt mean it is worth it to level them up. It is about picking consistancy over RNG.

Again, obviously I dont care about the 10 thralls worth of murmurs if I decide to not stab him. So the comment is true that it isnt much longer for the group. You have however proved the point I made when the 3x downing change went live and that was that it wont take long before people start to *@##$ on people making use of that mechanic aswell. Previously the people *@##$ing on people ignoring their lich asked for a system like this one, now that it is live they still *@##$ that it isnt fast enough. I mean #*!%, can people ever get pelased? Apparently not in WF, even when they get what they ask for.

Rejected liches? No I've done plenty of them since the release. I got fed up doing them after double full fail trial and error runs cockblocked by RNGsus, which followed a few less than avarage trial and error runs. The full fails cost me time, the below avarage ones ended up at about the same time investment as pure thrall sessions. I've had my fair share of fast runs too with trial and error, but the consistancy around them is poor. So now I work on liches in bite sized chunks where I focus only on thralls really while downing or ignoring the lich mostly.

It becomes far more enjoyable and I hulk out far less since I wont run into that #*!%ing RNGsus fellow nearly as much.

edit: And since this is about pugs, dont expect others to share your idea of approach. If you want tip top efficiency and everyone rushing headlong into liches with their parazon, go pre-made.

Edited by SneakyErvin

On 2020-01-16 at 11:44 AM, Circle_of_Psi said:

I do have to wonder if the Lich System is gonna get more tweaks/changes and not left in the state it is, pretty such everyone has what they need from Liches now

Lol, I love all these blanket statements that are FALSE.

I play daily, and put a decent amount of time in, and can tell you I most definitely DO NOT have everything between lich weapon RnG and Ephemeras And RAILJACK.

Suggesting that being able to one-shot a R5 Lich is an easy thing to do is FALSE when it comes to the part of the community that can access Lich Content.

I have done it both ways and can tell you I prefer keeping the Lich R1 which keeps thralls more manageable when I want to play for fun with a greater variety of “non-cheese-meta” frames.

I’ve already talked about my distaste for Requiem Roulette, as has enough of the community to the point that changes are coming (per Devstream).

At least when you unlock them first, it’s 33% then 50% chance at the first mod and 50% chance for the second.

OP’s way is fine.  The other way is fine.  However challenging it is or ISN’T for you...just respect and communicate with the squad.  Otherwise this thread is just the continuation of the problem that caused OP to post in the first place.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73