Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question about railjack new damage types and Archgun Damage

vanaukas

Hi. With the introduction of railjak, DE had the wonderful idea of bringin new damage types ( https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage#Empyrean_Damage_System ).

According to the wiki:

Secondary elemental damage types ( Blast,  Corrosive,  Gas,  Magnetic,  Radiation, and  Viral) are not converted and can not proc a status effect on enemies in Empyrean Archwing mode. Secondary elemental types do increase total damage, they are not however, included in the calculation for status proc weightings.

That confuses me, because HOW I CAN USE MULTIPLE ELEMENTAL DAMAGE MODS IF THEY ARE COMBINED AUTOMATICALLY? We are forced to put 3 of the 4 elemental mods if we want to do one damage type (i.e. corrosive + heat = just heat).

I'm getting this right? If i'm correct, having the 4 60/60 elemental mods just boost the status chance of physical damage types? 

If you have a combined elemental type they are just flat damage types that do not proc any elemental effects.

21 minutes ago, xHeretic said:

(i.e. corrosive + heat = just heat).

Correct

21 minutes ago, xHeretic said:

I'm getting this right? If i'm correct, having the 4 60/60 elemental mods just boost the status chance of physical damage types? 

Incorrect. They boost status and they boost the chance of whatever IPS and single elemental damage types you have. Like your previous example; incendiary (heat) would be a status proc that could proc from your weapon.

Should be in players helping players forum btw.

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 1

basically, those combined damage will apply extra damage for your weapon, but when it comes to status proc calculation, they are ignored, so... yes

example: if you have impact, puncture, slash, radiation and cold, that damage will de done fully against the enemy (ehn... not fully, since archguns has reduced damage against railjack enemies), but by the time start counting for status proc, radiation won't be count there

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Incorrect. They boost status and they boost the chance of whatever IPS and single elemental damage types you have. Like your previous example; incendiary (heat) would be a status proc that could proc from your weapon.

Should be in players helping players forum btw.

But if you have all the 4 60/60 you have explosion + corrosive or radiation + viral, those damage types doesn't proc...  So the only ones that would proc are slash, impact and puncture?

3 minutes ago, Hyrianeth said:

This new damage system shouldn't have seen the day of light. Completely useless and confusing. Not to mention the arcguns wet noodle damage, except for Phaedra and Cyngas?

They all have wet noodle damage, they are just stacking the slash proc to multiply that wet noodle into a giant soaking noodle.

• Like 1

Il y a 1 heure, xHeretic a dit :

I can't understand why DE made this. Seriously, this doesn't make sense at all...

Yeah that's weird. It would be interesting if elemental status were interesting, but right know slash and puncture status are the best in railjack so this system simply allow you to boost your damage and status chance without affecting status repartition, so it's just full of benefit.
Right know, you actually need to do combined elements in railjack to maximise physical status proc chance, so it's a bit like elemental ones didn't exist...

18 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

Yeah that's weird. It would be interesting if elemental status were interesting, but right know slash and puncture status are the best in railjack so this system simply allow you to boost your damage and status chance without affecting status repartition, so it's just full of benefit.
Right know, you actually need to do combined elements in railjack to maximise physical status proc chance, so it's a bit like elemental ones didn't exist...

Exactly, dunno why would put effort creating new damages with old damages just to don't use them because their own mechanics (auto combining elements). Maybe we are getting closer to damage 3.0?