Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Strange FPS lag

DekuWF

Hi, about two days ago I started fps lagging on Warframe, but in a strange way. When I open the game I have 60 fps (as I always had the past 2 months of playtime), but after 30/40 seconds they drop to 30/40 for no reason; if I alt+tab and do something else for 10 seconds and alt+tab again into the game I get 60 fps and then the same thing as when I open the game. I have a laptop with medium/high specs, every driver is updated and I donìt run any app in the background while playing; I also have the high performance power plan selected both in battery and cabled mode. I don't lag in any other game... someone knows a fix?

I also posted about a similar issue that started soon after an operating system patch last night.  I did notice that the issue appears to have gone away now.  At least, I played a whole mission, roughly 11 minutes, without seeing the FPS drop, and mine would drop to under 5 FPS.  I also have a laptop.  Mine has no dedicated graphics card (just an integrated Intel HD something from roughly 3 years ago), so I run my game in "ugly" mode.

Edited by RunsWithChainsaws
additional info

6 hours ago, Emiel_Regis said:

Hi, please download the msi afterburner and take a screenshot or photo with GPU load before and after the alt tab. According to you, not only I had this problem.

This is my topic

I've just installed MSI Afterburner and I got a windows update. After I restarted the laptop, I didn't have the issue anymore. I'll keep you updated if the problem returns 🙂